At what gas price do we stop

I alternate between gas & diesel all of the time.  in fact.......... every trip.  I dump the diesel into the truck when I get there & then use them to transfer gas to the genny & buggy. 

My though is 5 gallons of gas VS 17 drops of diesel.......... just lubrication for the fuel pump.  LOL.

So I have a trip to Dumont 17-20 and I have 3 empty 5 gallon gas cans that have been empty for over a year.

I have them open and airing out, and was wondering if it's ok for me to fill with diesel?

I just don't want to get to Baker and fuel be $7-8 a gallon.

Figured I could have another 15 gallons on hand that should for sure get me there and back without having to stop for fuel.

I'm still bringing my trailer but it will be empty.
Sure. I know many people who carry diesel in 5 gallon jugs for their tractors on job sites.

Talked to a friend in Australia the other day.  She said it's looking like "petrol" is soon going to surpass $2.00 per liter and may go as high as $2.50.  Considering 4 liters equals about 1 gallon, they will be paying $8-$10 per gallon.
The exchange rate for Aus to US is $0.74, so they are in the same ballpark as those of us in California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might sounds horrible - but hoping motorhome prices drop because of this...all those people that bought them to travel and work from the road might think twice -along with Covid restrictions getting less and less - they will be going back to the office (some of them at least)...Point being, high gas prices and Covid restrictions potentially ending soon - there might be some positive out of this giving the timing of both (Covid ending / high gas prices) - Glass half full point of view.

I want to upgrade from my current moho - which yes i will get less potentially, but relatively i think I'll be better off if they drop..idk

Anyone have good RV campspots that aren't going to use this summer, I could be interested.

Might sounds horrible - but hoping motorhome prices drop because of this...all those people that bought them to travel and work from the road might think twice -along with Covid restrictions getting less and less - they will be going back to the office (some of them at least)...Point being, high gas prices and Covid restrictions potentially ending soon - there might be some positive out of this giving the timing of both (Covid ending / high gas prices) - Glass half full point of view.

I want to upgrade from my current moho - which yes i will get less potentially, but relatively i think I'll be better off if they drop..idk

I've recently seen a few articles regarding newbs who bought RVs during the pandemic are finding out that RV life isnt' for them. Toss in the high gas prices and I'm sure more people may be willing to part with them . . .

I've recently seen a few articles regarding newbs who bought RVs during the pandemic are finding out that RV life isnt' for them. Toss in the high gas prices and I'm sure more people may be willing to part with them . . .
Already seeing Toy haulers dropping in price and more popping up for sale. Still a few clowns trying to get COVID-19 pricing though   :321:  

Hopefully MoHos are next.

4md6ck9eul4z.png

jmolztf7sxn51.jpg

Already seeing Toy haulers dropping in price and more popping up for sale. Still a few clowns trying to get COVID-19 pricing though   :321:  

Full tank of gas in my truck?

I am wondering what is the price limit before you take a Break from Mama G for awhile? Currently with my situation I am done going to Mama G till Vets weekend.Who knows what Prices will be like in Nov but Hopefully I will have some $$ saved for the Fuel cost..

And putting it on Youtube.

Back