At what gas price do we stop

There is no way around it, Motorhome trips this summer will be fewer.  The economy will take a beating for sure.  Might be cheaper to stay in hotels on some of these trips now and drive the wifes car.

We’re banning Russian oil now… this war is really gonna cost the American people. Not sure why we care about Ukraine this much. I wonder who is benefiting…

Starting thinking about this last night. We've got a summer trip planned up central California, Oregon, and Washington and then back down the coast. Somewhere in the 3,000 miles range. Would be well over $1,600 in fuel. Do I scratch that and find a base camp for 2 weeks and explore from there in the jeep? Someplace like Colorado or Montana with plenty of fishing and off-roading within a day trip from camp. 
Bought a big 5th wheel Oct 2020 to haul around here in Utah on the weekends to camp.

Long term (haha - 2 years) was to cash in on the house, go someplace cheap, and be 6-9 months on the road traveling.

Nov. 2020 came and realized we were effed on our weekends - knew from the get go we were going to be in this position sooner or later.

Trailer now sits on property about 100 miles south. Went last March and has stayed there the whole time. We camped until late Dec( winterized in late October) went out once at the beginning of January, and will start our weekly trips again next month (weather permitting).

Right off the Paiute Trail, so lots for us to ride and explore. If we're going further, we have the vehicle driven from home to take off to other areas.

A change in plans doesn't have to be a bad thing. Go have fun and make the best of it! Lots of boondocking areas once you get out of the cities and if you plan for it you don't even need to pay for a camp spot  🙂

We had 2 trips to San Jose and 1 to Vacaville this year, both times we flew because Flights were CHEAP and Rental Cars were also CHEAP. From my house each is at least 350 - 400 miles and 6-7 hour drive.....nope, ain't doing it even though we enjoy the drive.

We will adjust, drive less when we can. Thank God Hockey season is over, each rink (2 boys) is at least 40 miles one way, 3-4 times a week.

Camping will be more local trips

350 I wish I could do that.  I filled up last week when oil hit 110.  spent 600. knew my last glamis trip was next week. Now a week later that would be $750.  Summer trip to Idaho is going to hurt a little.  at 6 bucks a gal I think a lot of people will slow down. 7 I know I will be also. I use about 3,000+ gal of fuel a year. that is going to hurt the pocket a lot. 
back 15 years ago when diesel was $5 a gallon and my moho got 5 mpg i thought that every mile i would throw a $! out the window.  basically a 900 mile trip on way was $900

[SIZE=20.74px]So my wife said before Biden was elected that if he was elected we would be looking at $10.00 per gallon gas. Pretty amazing prediction right about now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.74px]She also predicted that Glamis crowds will fall in proportion to the increase in price. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.74px]I don’t know if this is related to the fuel prices but I have never seen so many Funco’s for sale. Any type Gen 3, Gen4, GTX, you can buy right now. When Funco built mine in 2018 you couldn’t buy a Gen 3, Gen 4 or any type. Just wonder if people are worried about gas prices or is it just the uncertainty of the times? Supply catching up with demand? Maybe lots of toys for sale soon as well?[/SIZE]

Armageddon 

can you feel it now?   after 7 years of tribulation,  the whole world will be in commotion and there will [SIZE=19.28px]ultimately[/SIZE] be 500 million troops fighting against [SIZE=19.28px]Israel [/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.28px]guys, the second coming is not too far off.............[/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.28px](wrong thread?  i dont think so)[/SIZE]

Most I ever paid prior to this surge was in Pismo (picked the wrong station near the entrance)… paid $4.99/gallon for 91.. this was 2008 with my Raptor 700R and ‘06 TJ Jeep.

Pismo was EMPTY as compared to other times.

You are correct for folks that can write off gas and/or have the funds, they’ll be the only ones going out.

Abc 

I think we will be at $9.00 a gallon in Cali soon. Hate to say it but at chevron by the house I paid 6.59 for premium in my wifes range rover. I am ordering her a tesla today.  Cali will push for all electric cars and this is the start to obtain that. #FJB and all his cronies!  Bring back #45!

Gonna feel the sting heading to Glamis this weekend.

150 gal moho diesel tank

50 gal fuel station w/ premium

and a few 5gal/ 10 gal cans

#FJB

Paid 6 bucks a gallon this morning for #2

What's the price in mexico right now? I remember year back guys were crossing the boarder to fill up 200 gallon in bed tanks.

That seems like a great idea right now.

We had 2 trips to San Jose and 1 to Vacaville this year, both times we flew because Flights were CHEAP and Rental Cars were also CHEAP. From my house each is at least 350 - 400 miles and 6-7 hour drive.....nope, ain't doing it even though we enjoy the drive.

We will adjust, drive less when we can. Thank God Hockey season is over, each rink (2 boys) is at least 40 miles one way, 3-4 times a week.

Camping will be more local trips
No summer league?

Filled up this morning in Anaheim, I called the season quits a few weeks ago for other reasons mostly but I’m glad I did.

1CB3983E-F594-4AC0-AC96-C28D9ACEDB21.jpeg

it'll stop when we all buy a effing Prius and they win, not unitil then
Since most, if not all major manufacturers are moving towards electric vehicles, it will happen sooner then you think. So "they" have already won . . .

I think we will be at $9.00 a gallon in Cali soon. Hate to say it but at chevron by the house I paid 6.59 for premium in my wifes range rover. I am ordering her a tesla today.  Cali will push for all electric cars and this is the start to obtain that. #FJB and all his cronies!  Bring back #45!
It's already over $9 in Sacramento.

image.png

No summer league?
Pfft..of course :lol:  , not to mention we are Roller Hockey nuts...so that's almost in full swing.

Seattle Washington 2nd week of April - Get to play at the Kraken Arena

Boston Mass at the end of July - Mmm Fresh Chowda and Wicked Ale

Since most, if not all major manufacturers are moving towards electric vehicles, it will happen sooner then you think. So "they" have already won . . .
I was happy and sad at same time when I saw this...

6 minutes ago, Crusty said:

I was happy and sad at same time when I saw this...

Much better than this:

window-break.gif

:simrak:

See how fast it goes up.... $0.20-0.30 cent's a day!

WTF...They didn't purchase that fuel at the accelerated rate?

But when/IF the price goes down it takes weeks/months, cause the gas stations say we need to burn through the expensive stuff before we get the cheaper!

🖕

Back