At what gas price do we stop

Filled up this morning in Anaheim, I called the season quits a few weeks ago for other reasons mostly but I’m glad I did.

View attachment 27622
I paid 5.75 in Norco on Sunday, doesn't surprise me that it's up again. The government won't be happy till we're all welfare recipients due to their complete incompetence. FJB 

[SIZE=20.74px]So my wife said before Biden was elected that if he was elected we would be looking at $10.00 per gallon gas. Pretty amazing prediction right about now. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.74px]She also predicted that Glamis crowds will fall in proportion to the increase in price. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=20.74px]I don’t know if this is related to the fuel prices but I have never seen so many Funco’s for sale. Any type Gen 3, Gen4, GTX, you can buy right now. When Funco built mine in 2018 you couldn’t buy a Gen 3, Gen 4 or any type. Just wonder if people are worried about gas prices or is it just the uncertainty of the times? Supply catching up with demand? Maybe lots of toys for sale soon as well?[/SIZE]
That’s because you can ask 60k for a car you paid 28k for 5 years ago. 

Paid 6 bucks a gallon this morning for #2

What's the price in mexico right now? I remember year back guys were crossing the boarder to fill up 200 gallon in bed tanks.

That seems like a great idea right now.
I was going to Rocky Point about twice a month then.  Don't think I bought diesel here for the better part of a year.  

There is no way around it, Motorhome trips this summer will be fewer.  The economy will take a beating for sure.  Might be cheaper to stay in hotels on some of these trips now and drive the wifes car.
You would think so.

Hotel prices EVERYWHERE has gone up double or triple from last year.  Crazy times.

I miss how quite and dead the dunes were from about 2009-2012. Hope it weeds out a number of the less desirable element that has been showing up lately. Don't care how high fuel costs go up, will still be hitting the dunes in the winter and the lakes in the summer. I think filling up the houseboat at powell will hurt this year.

I miss how quite and dead the dunes were from about 2009-2012. Hope it weeds out a number of the less desirable element that has been showing up lately. Don't care how high fuel costs go up, will still be hitting the dunes in the winter and the lakes in the summer. I think filling up the houseboat at powell will hurt this year.
we sold our Powell Houseboat about three years ago, but I was thinking the same thing today................that is going to hurt

I change cards, I hate gong in
ROFLOL.  that only works for me twice, then Im out of CC's (& one is for "online only" so Im not supposed to be using it @ the pump).

And yea............ me too........ if I wanted to stand in line I would not have tried it @ the pump the first time............

I hate going in as well. I used to BE THAT guy behind the counter...$20 on #5 and $50 on snacks, beer, etc.....ugh!

200.gif

If you can get on the water. 

We were able to get the boat in the water late April, and did a trip in May.  But, by the time our October trip came around the water was so low they were pulling boats because of the water level, and we had to cancel.

The CC companies need to raise their levels, I hate swiping twice or three times
Bro,.. tell me about it.. I changed the standard tank in my /08 Dually (34 gallons) to a Titan, 62 gallon tank right after buying it... love the fact that I never have to fill up.. no trips in the summer sometimes I'll go several months without getting gas. 

I work from home, wife has a part time job 1 mile from the house. So other than off-roading trips (mostly), we just don't drive. I have one warehouse 1/4 mile from my house and another about 3 miles away (where the parts are).. lately, I just hop on my Sondors E-Bike with a back-pack to get the parts (for fun more than anything else) so long as what I'm getting will fit in a back pack.

abc

PS. On a side note, I bought 2 of these April 2020, right when COVID hit. Price was $999.00 each, ... today they're selling them for $2,259.00 EACH!!.. talk about demand + inflation... crazy!... yes they're are some websites showing cheaper, but I ONLY buy factory direct if I can.. one has 800 miles, the other 600 miles on it.. about ready to get tires... I put more miles on those than I did my 2002 KFX650 Motard/Super Moto.. by a bunch.. that thing had a shitty 70-90mi range.. Miss the bike though.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be making diesel with french fry oil... eff all of them
Buddy looked into that like 10 years ago.. he even talked to restaurants that have to get rid of it and he could get it for free. He sold the truck before making the conversion .. 

As did I, IMO, the effort was not worth the $....  

would be nice but if you notice alot of less desirable dont seam to have a shortage of money to dump into the exhaust and sound system in their sxs or the lift kit and big wheels for their truck. but since you cant finance gas with exception of credit card. maybe some of them will go away. 

im lucky i can get to glamis and back in one tank and i pretty much only drive the truck to glamis. the rzr does not use alot of gas, while its more expensive i dont have it as bad as other guys. i filled up my truck and gas bottles last week for our trip at the end of the month. just doing that probably saved me $100 at least  

I’m sure they will hit 9 bucks and then slowly drop to 7 and level off or so.  This will force at least CA to go all electric much quicker. It’s just part of there agenda. 

Buddy looked into that like 10 years ago.. he even talked to restaurants that have to get rid of it and he could get it for free. He sold the truck before making the conversion .. 
I had a friend that was running it in a 7.3 and it always smelled like In & Out when he came over :lol:  

Back