At what gas price do we stop

We are crying about the insane fuel prices, what will really hurt most of us will be the continued rising costs of goods and services.  I am blessed to be able to afford the necessities and Glamis aint going nowhere.  I feel bad for those less fortunate that live pay check to paycheck with little ones to feed.  

I see more and more trucks driving with windows rolled down instead of running AC.  What cracks me up is people still are doing 75+MPH on the highways. 

We are crying about the insane fuel prices, what will really hurt most of us will be the continued rising costs of goods and services.  I am blessed to be able to afford the necessities and Glamis aint going nowhere.  I feel bad for those less fortunate that live pay check to paycheck with little ones to feed.  

I see more and more trucks driving with windows rolled down instead of running AC.  What cracks me up is people still are doing 75+MPH on the highways. 
Interesting point....  take this thought further...  how much longer until folks decide they can't afford to go out any more and stop spending money.  The food industry is just not going to catch a break...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be making diesel with french fry oil... eff all of them
Guess I'm going back to the old tank. My old Ford 9000 service truck, Big Cam Cummins that runs on waste oil. Used to drive it everywhere due to the almost non existent fuel cost. 8 mpg at best but waste oil is free. People would always comment about it burning oil cuz of the smoke. I would just nod my head. Rooftop ac that turns the cab into a meat locker, straight pipe with loud ass jakes. Eff the EPA.

Guess I'm going back to the old tank. My old Ford 9000 service truck, Big Cam Cummins that runs on waste oil. Used to drive it everywhere due to the almost non existent fuel cost. 8 mpg at best but waste oil is free. People would always comment about it burning oil cuz of the smoke. I would just nod my head. Rooftop ac that turns the cab into a meat locker, straight pipe with loud ass jakes. Eff the EPA.
Put up a picture of it. Where do you get the dead oil? .. sure it's not hard to find.

abc

Put up a picture of it. Where do you get the dead oil? .. sure it's not hard to find.

abc
I generate quite a bit and pick up some from a couple local shops in a 300 gallon tote then I pump it into a bigger storage tank to settle and separate water and heavy particles. Then I pump from there through a filter into fuel tanks. I run several older diesel engines on it. Some require some dilution especially in the colder months to thin it out. Couple more pics from when I slid into a ditch last fall in a rainstorm out on a ranch working on their dozer. This was the next day. Got trapped out there cuz the road coming in was flooded 6 feet with water so I tried to make my way out the back way and ended up in this ditch. You can see a trail of fuel oil running out in the front because the tank overflowed from leaning so much overnight. Turns out my front suspension has quite a bit of travel.

IMG_20220308_220930.jpg

IMG_20220308_222538.jpg

IMG_20220308_222533.jpg

Armageddon 

can you feel it now?   after 7 years of tribulation,  the whole world will be in commotion and there will [SIZE=19.28px]ultimately[/SIZE] be 500 million troops fighting against [SIZE=19.28px]Israel [/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.28px]guys, the second coming is not too far off.............[/SIZE]

[SIZE=19.28px](wrong thread?  i dont think so)[/SIZE]

I agree with you John. Peace

I generate quite a bit and pick up some from a couple local shops in a 300 gallon tote then I pump it into a bigger storage tank to settle and separate water and heavy particles. Then I pump from there through a filter into fuel tanks. I run several older diesel engines on it. Some require some dilution especially in the colder months to thin it out. Couple more pics from when I slid into a ditch last fall in a rainstorm out on a ranch working on their dozer. This was the next day. Got trapped out there cuz the road coming in was flooded 6 feet with water so I tried to make my way out the back way and ended up in this ditch. You can see a trail of fuel oil running out in the front because the tank overflowed from leaning so much overnight. Turns out my front suspension has quite a bit of travel.

View attachment 27697

View attachment 27698

View attachment 27699
Round headlights and bar grill, mid-80s?

We’re banning Russian oil now… this war is really gonna cost the American people. Not sure why we care about Ukraine this much. I wonder who is benefiting…
Little Hunter can't lose that consulting job...

LOL, been back to trying to get better mileage in the Mulletstang by skipping gears.  Amusing that before this, if I was skipping gears it was harder to keep up with traffic (hard to part-throttle accelerate quickly without herky jerk), now, I'm slightly ahead of most.  23mpg on the way home mixed driving, usually gets around 25-26mpg on the freeway if I'm not doing 80.

16 gallon tank means I make more fuel stops than I want to...  

I find it funny that we think banning Russian oil and then negotiating with Venezuela for some of their oil is a game changer in any way.

All those plastic TV's, the side panels for your SxS, the polyester/nylon clothing and so on that we buy is all made by Russian and Venezuelan oil, they ship it to China for our consumption...............global markets......................sucks but it is reality.

View attachment 27697

View attachment 27698

View attachment 27699
Wow, how did you get yanked out?

I yanked a truck that weighs about the same with my '05 Suburban in Glamis. Kinetic rope, took a few times and flung the burb (slid to the left violently) when it caught.. I had to HAMMER it.. in the process threw a bead on my burb on the last pull when I got him out...but we just aired it up, been fine ever since.

I'll have to find a photo of what I tugged, big tag axle dump truck if I remember (but maybe just wood in the bed), so maybe doesn't weigh as much.

Cool .. Go Brandon!

abc

Wow, how did you get yanked out?

I yanked a truck that weighs about the same with my '05 Suburban in Glamis. Kinetic rope, took a few times and flung the burb (slid to the left violently) when it caught.. I had to HAMMER it.. in the process threw a bead on my burb on the last pull when I got him out...but we just aired it up, been fine ever since.

I'll have to find a photo of what I tugged, big tag axle dump truck if I remember (but maybe just wood in the bed), so maybe doesn't weigh as much.

Cool .. Go Brandon!

abc
Kinetic ropes kick ass.

I'm just under 26,000, though, and using a 30,000lb machine to pull it out so I doubled a 1/2" chain. Borrowed a Cat 938G loader from the neighboring ranch 10 or 12 miles away (long bumpy ride on ranch roads). Lifted the rear tires of the loader in the air picking rear of truck up and out but it did it.

Kinetic ropes kick ass.

I'm just under 26,000. Borrowed a Cat 938G loader from the neighboring ranch 10 or 12 miles away (long bumpy ride on ranch roads). Lifted the rear tires of the loader in the air picking rear of truck up and out but it did it.
That's awesome!

Decided to jump on right before I have to go fill up my truck and gas cans for our trip tomorrow. I laughed when I saw this was the top thread.

. We will be in Glamis intil the 19th... I live up in Utah, this is the first time I have seen Diesel prices above $4.12. Today were pushing for almost $5... seems like its changing by the hour!

638 miles one way to Glamis. 

Round trip Just for diesel alone, we will be right around $600-$700.... and thats for a LBZ Duramax and a 26 ft Weekend warrior.  I woke up this morning contemplating the trip. I live 45 minutes from Little Sahara. I can go to Little Sahara 12 times before spending the same amount in diesel hahaha! But, This is a family trip. only happens twice a year so, gotta make it happen. Thinking of barrowing my friends transfer tank. Should get us there and back and only paying the price up here instead of AZ/CA prices (we cross over to AZ side to fill up once at blythe). 

Heading to fill up everything tonight for G this weekend--Wish me luck! (in Mesa -still around 4.50)

Talked to a friend in Australia the other day.  She said it's looking like "petrol" is soon going to surpass $2.00 per liter and may go as high as $2.50.  Considering 4 liters equals about 1 gallon, they will be paying $8-$10 per gallon.

I feel like I won the lottery, I filled up my Moho a month ago for this wekend's trip......................saved my over $100

I am still pissed E85 keeps going up as well

So I have a trip to Dumont 17-20 and I have 3 empty 5 gallon gas cans that have been empty for over a year.

I have them open and airing out, and was wondering if it's ok for me to fill with diesel?

I just don't want to get to Baker and fuel be $7-8 a gallon.

Figured I could have another 15 gallons on hand that should for sure get me there and back without having to stop for fuel.

I'm still bringing my trailer but it will be empty.

Back