Welcome Polaris Pro R to the Sand Rail section.

It's all about HP/Weight.. if you can't wheelie downhill, you're not a sandcar IMO...  :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many cars in the dunes can actually hit 132mph? 

What do you think the top speed of the average sand car is? (Average nice car) 

You mention comparing the Pro R to twin 486 ci turbo Tex with the Albins. 

OK dollar for dollar what do the two vehicles cost to buy/build? 

What would the annual cost be to run & maintain each vehicle? 

What capability's does each vehicle offer?  

BTW I don’t think the Polaris Pro R is a sand car. But the law and CVC do! 
200.gif

Top speed I reached in my Turbo S last Green Valley trip was 75mph, not sure the maximum.

abc

PS. Twins to Green Valley. Leaving tomorrow 7am. Trip report to follow.

02A2D3A1-B222-4E65-8AE5-3E3BB274D3DC.jpeg

28248217-34F3-4618-B2E6-108F96763FAA.jpeg

35A005E6-647F-4C88-8D93-6F4C7C646157.jpeg

D51FAA2C-1793-4990-AAEB-1C6696BAC56B.jpeg

4003033D-7A49-46C4-99D3-04F805D67D6D.jpeg

CD7FB242-6ED4-4CAA-A452-566EC1A72E1D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, J Alper said:

Right on the LS3 CBM 415ci stroker made 650hp to the crank and after a tune, 485hp to the ground, 2300lbs.

This car is NEXT LEVEL for sure.

Mine topped at 109mph with an S4.

abc

PS. Doesn't a guy named Kevin own that car?.. it's got some seriously tall gears and plenty of HP to boot.

I had the same CBM grin.. like it's CBD... LOL... back in '08.. I totally get it... although his video is a little younger.. and a much bigger motor car.. I like how his SCU is 'low slung' like mine was.. no body roll.. I never rolled it.. spun out once near comp.. did a full 180.. not on purpose...

abc

PS. That first video is on my 'playlist' now.. he must have paid someone to cut it.. oh .. wait .. Dune Freq did it right?

Friggin' sand cars.. man.. and we now debate about SXSs.. hopless...

cbm 2.jpg

cbm.jpg

I think I figured out the body roll... look at The Orange One... front is too spracked.. Shock Therapy did both .. 1 year apart.. I don't even have limit straps on The Black One in the front.. they over spracked the front in The Orange One.. you can see it in this photo.. rears seem the same.

.. sorry off topic on the Pro R,, .. being a 'sand car'.. LOL... 

abc

View attachment 41212

Drags are cool for a little while and so is shooting up a hill but it ain’t for everyone and it gets old real quick.  I love Duning!! Carving up some bowls pitching the car sideways and not having to worry about breaking something expensive. We have guys in our group that have big rails and they’re always afraid to go on long runs fearing they will break something, especially the transmission.

But that’s why there’s different flavors for different folks. Some don’t mind a big heavy expensive car and love running 160mph down a drag strip or shooting the Hill all day long and can afford that habit. I always think of that guy Warhead. Haha Others like having the reliability and low cost of having a fun time in the dunes and the mountains and the forest and the desert and the rocks that a SXS provides. Oh yeah and parts availability. And for the record, a SXS or even the pro r is not a sandcar. It’s more of a jacked up on Mountain Dew spider monkey mixed with a little steroid abuse golf cart. 😁

Just like the Pic,  The Pro R, is more less maintenance, but just dont really get that super fun factor as a sandcar, It will be fun around the fire pit listening to all the Pro R guys tell me how fast they are,  Then  you go on a run and cant find them as you hit 132 MPH on the flats under boost, LOL 

Everyone wants to compare a SXS to a Sandcar, but if the Pro R is the top dog of golf carts, then you need to compare it to a Twin  468-CI Turbo TRX-4 with Albins,  

View attachment 41134
Its funny how all puffed up you get when talking about sand cars vs SXS’s! You know theres more to Glamis than the sand highway? My bet, with all that twin turbo big hp talk, it’s possible you could get spanked at the drags by a few well built SXS’s. Of coarse the race would be from a dig. My guess is most big sand cars wouldn’t play in fear of the outcome. I for one don’t own one of these built SXS’s so I couldn’t call you out! Just speculation

Its funny how all puffed up you get when talking about sand cars vs SXS’s! You know theres more to Glamis than the sand highway? My bet, with all that twin turbo big hp talk, it’s possible you could get spanked at the drags by a few well built SXS’s. Of coarse the race would be from a dig. My guess is most big sand cars wouldn’t play in fear of the outcome. I for one don’t own one of these built SXS’s so I couldn’t call you out! Just speculation
I never been down the drags before,  I done 105 in the dunes at Dumont, and idaho Multiple times over 120 in the dunes, its just these SXS guys think they are so fast in the dunes, I agree I dont think to many sand cars would be any faster than some really setup SXS, but they dont hold a candle to a PreRunner or Dual Sport or Class 1 Car in the Dunes, These Types of cars can just pound through anything, where a typical sand car would most likely  brake a arm or a spindle, Its just math, the bigger the tire the smaller the hole in the sand is,  the Sand Master are close to 40'' in front full of air, this helps pound into a hole for fun, 35.5 full of air are about 38'' tall, This allow for large ground clearance,  But just like above this kind of resembles how dump the SXS owner can be comparing a Well built sxs to a factory motor sand car, Well Built Sand Car Motor will do way over 100 plus easy,   I dont really know where everyone is getting there money but it seems like every motor build is 30K plus with big boost, really insane that the average motor know is getting to be 1000hp plus, 

I would take it to serious, just busting your balls,  if it is not a full tech post then i will most likely be insane with my posts, but if you really need help i will be serious,  Long Live the SXS owner for Pride Events, 

Never. I will not welcome them. No. Not a sand car.  Just a souped up sxs. 

Don’t give me a hard time, I don’t really care either way. 

Drags are cool for a little while and so is shooting up a hill but it ain’t for everyone and it gets old real quick.  I love Duning!! Carving up some bowls pitching the car sideways and not having to worry about breaking something expensive. We have guys in our group that have big rails and they’re always afraid to go on long runs fearing they will break something, especially the transmission.

But that’s why there’s different flavors for different folks. Some don’t mind a big heavy expensive car and love running 160mph down a drag strip or shooting the Hill all day long.  Haha Others like having the reliability and low cost of having a fun time in the dunes and the mountains and the forest and the desert and the rocks  
This is crazy talk. All the guys in our group that have sxs’s are always breaking. We’re always towing them back, to where they have almost been phased out of the rides. 

We don’t sit at the hill. He don’t just shoot the drags, or barely go to the drags. We all have big sand cars and dune and fly through all of it. Sxss are cool. I like them. They’re fine. Not bagging on them, not here anyways. But you can’t say the guys with sand cars are afraid to dune. That’s just a dumb thing to say. 

I would probably love to have a sxs if I went to the mountains, and did different things. They’re great for that. I go to the sand, only.  😳

IMO, everything I drive seems to break.. Don said after thousands and thousands of cars, I was the first to break his motor mounts.. was leaping the car off 10 foot faces in G and it was landing sweet,.. my back isn't broken, the mounts were just inferior IMO.

I found overtime, be it my jeep, SCU or these darn SXSs, I break something, then have it overbuilt until it doesn't break...

No problem, happy to support the sport..

abc

:makerain:  

PS. I'm sure this Pro R will be the same deal. Maybe the SPEED will be 'the solution.' Like Robby or not, anyone putting on pressure to Canned Ham or Polaris/Joyner is a good thing IMO.

I for one would never compare a SXS to a sand car. They are two different beasts. Not to talk chit, but there is no way in hell you are doing 100mph plus through the dunes. From someone born and raised in the sand, it just isn’t possible. Now if your looking at your GPS to see what your top speed was on your run than yes you hit 100 mph but that was on a straight away not bouncing from bowl to bowl. I’m sure if you asked John, who seems to be the fastest duning car out there, and is running I think 650hp, if he dunes at 100mph he would laugh. It can’t be done no matter how much hp you have. Stop with the over inflated speed numbers. It gets old especially to us that know better. What I can say is that a SXS doesn’t and never will have the thrill factor of a built sand car. The rush you get from a sand car can’t be duplicated by a SXS. The g forces of a boosted v8 vs a CVT cant be compared or matched in regular applications.

Back