Welcome Polaris Pro R to the Sand Rail section.

This ought to get interesting for insurance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there is a new kid on the sandrail block.  The Polaris Pro R is not considered a ROV per the recent posting.  So looks like it is considered to be like a sandrail.  So how about all you sandrail guys give them a big warm welcome.  

So does this mean Pro R owners get to park on Roadrunner all season long?   Can a Pro R race in HP wars?   Do the pad 5 guys dump their current Tatum or Racer for a Pro R?  

@Lord of the Dunes does your rail have a clevis front suspension set up?

The road to 200 before the Pro R is called a ROV again.    Let the fun begin!  LMAO!
Still a sand flea. 😁Although a fast one. You only get one brain in life, protect it. 👍🏼
Be safe everyone!!

Since this is posted in "Sandrail Stuff" I'm going to ask: 

What the fawk is a Polaris Pro R? ROV? Clevis front suspension setup?

2.0L ...

I thinnk CEK (board member name) ditched his SPEED spot and already purchased a PRO-R, correct me if I'm wrong, but if anyone is interested in it, I'd check with him and see how he likes it?

Pretty sure... yup here's the thread.. 

abc

PS. SXS's are getting so large.. SPEED and now this one, might as well classify in the 'buggy' section as many of us can't even fit this in our rigs. My TH would NOT fit a 74" wide (Superlight WW). My Turbo S Velocity's barley fit (front tires) in my TH. Toy Box, no problem.

Not a fan of the belt placement, just keep your tires at 18psi+ in Glamis and you won't burn out a belt (my experience).

View attachment 39702

rzr-pro-r-sport-stealth-gray-specs-xxs.jpg

This^^^

Now all you Polaris owners are as screwed as all us Sand rail owners
I don't think insurance will be an issue.  It is not a special construction like a sand rail and at this point do not cost in excess of 100K to build new.  Although you look at some of the for sale ads and people think they are worth close to 100K.  LOL!  

Since this is posted in "Sandrail Stuff" I'm going to ask: 

What the fawk is a Polaris Pro R? ROV? Clevis front suspension setup?
Polaris Pro R is the latest sandrail to hit the market.  It was born a SXS, but per the law it can now identify as a sandrail/buggy.  You will see plenty of them along Roadrunner and Pad 5 area.  Being a sandrail allows them to camp there now.  LOL!

The Pro R has the latest in suspension set up with a clevis front shock bottom.  Much like the early sandrails it has a bunch of cobbled together tubes with questionable welds.    

Please look for future threads about the Pro R such as:

"Anyone get a picture of my Pro R at the drags?"

"Pro R wheelies across Olds, not cool"

I was talking to a friend last night and he was going to see if he could get a red hat made before the Sand Show that said;

Polaris Making Sand Rails Great Again! 
I know a few people that would wear those.   

Polaris Pro R is the latest sandrail to hit the market.  It was born a SXS, but per the law it can now identify as a sandrail/buggy.  You will see plenty of them along Roadrunner and Pad 5 area.  Being a sandrail allows them to camp there now.  LOL!

The Pro R has the latest in suspension set up with a clevis front shock bottom.  Much like the early sandrails it has a bunch of cobbled together tubes with questionable welds.    

The all-new 2022 RZR Pro R received the industry's first four-cylinder engine, a 225 hp naturally aspirated 2.0-liter sourced from the company's Slingshot on-road vehicle.

The Turbo S models have 168 hp as reported by Polaris. What can you get the Pro R up to if you add a turbo I'm wondering?.. same or more than the SPEED with 'SPEED KEY?' Isn't SPEED at 300 hp with the Key? .. figure a 2.0L could make a lot more right?

abc

general-race-of-champions-2014-robby-gordon.jpg

3 minutes ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

The all-new 2022 RZR Pro R received the industry's first four-cylinder engine, a 225 hp naturally aspirated 2.0-liter sourced from the company's Slingshot on-road vehicle.

The Turbo S models have 168 hp as reported by Polaris. What can you get the Pro R up to if you add a turbo I'm wondering?.. same or more than the SPEED with 'SPEED KEY?' Isn't SPEED at 300 hp with the Key? .. figure a 2.0L could make a lot more right?

abc

I don't think insurance will be an issue.  It is not a special construction like a sand rail and at this point do not cost in excess of 100K to build new.  Although you look at some of the for sale ads and people think they are worth close to 100K.  LOL!  
CORRECT.  I bet it won't be cheap tho as soon as the INS comps find out it's Non-ROV designation... :deal:

Made by a Mfg. available parts, support nationwide

Sold at a Dealership

Financed by banks

main-qimg-e9be1cf0430dfd81717b5450e7734d17-pjlq

CORRECT.  I bet it won't be cheap tho as soon as the INS comps find out it's Non-ROV designation... :deal:

Made by a Mfg. available parts, support nationwide

Sold at a Dealership

Financed by banks

Insurance will not be cheap because of the value of the Pro R.   I would think because there are readily available parts and pricing it makes it way easier to insure than a sandrail. 

Back