The GM52 Hustler clone conversion

Merry Christmas to yourself. You won’t be able to knock the smile off your face with a baseball bat that first trip.  

Well... Trying to get my heart rate down enough to type.  She sounds like a Nasty Bees Nest, and it sure makes some serious power and she looks sexy in her undies too. 

I cannot wait to see her in person - congrats, you built a winner there!!! 

Had a lot of fun working on GM car and such cool options. Tranny temp, ambient air temp, fuel gauge, gear selector are just a few of the things displayed on his new dash. There is a splash feature that comes on with first start up. We need a pic or a clip that GM will  see each time he keys up. Let’s see what you got

When I see this car I’m sure I’ll have to turn away, so I don’t drool all over it. 

Looks great!  Shocked you put a PC925 battery in that thing.  Kinda like building that amazing car and then putting a VW motor back in.

Get yourself an EarthX ETX1600.  Will save you 20lbs and spin that motor like crazy.  It fits in the same box as a PC925.

https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/etx1600

My friends tell me I'm great at spending their money.  lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!  Shocked you put a PC925 battery in that thing.  Kinda like building that amazing car and then putting a VW motor back in.

Get yourself an EarthX ETX1600.  Will save you 20lbs and spin that motor like crazy.  It fits in the same box as a PC925.

you aint kidding, that thing is spendy!  that is one area that i went with a full size easy to get car AGM battery from interstate. and think i spent $150   im all about weight savings but have power on tap for many things like search and rescue, or if i just flat out had a starter that was acting up i dont want to think i only have a dinky power reserve 

You think thats shocking!!! Just wait!!!

I installed 2 PC925 Odyssea's

:lmao:

Well... Trying to get my heart rate down enough to type.  She sounds like a Nasty Bees Nest, and it sure makes some serious power and she looks sexy in her undies too. 

I cannot wait to see her in person - congrats, you built a winner there!!! 
John spent some time tuning yesterday. I showed up earlier than scheduled to bring the GM52 home. Mostly to avoid as much Friday Freeway traffic as possible.

Car is even more crisp, pulled more rpms and beat the hp average from the day before.

This subi amazed me last year. It just flat pulls and pulls and pulls.  Linear power like nothing Ive had before.  

I can't wait!!!

Wow this beast is going to be amazing looking forward to seeing the finished product will be a beautiful beast congrats GM on a job well done 

I never run an 02 sensor in my cars for multiple reasons. My personal car either but after the last few days I have decided to do it to my own. Most Subarus  I build has eco priced Ecu’s so it’s not really an option. But GM and mine run an AEM ecu. The infinity series, their top of the line. So I installed a base map ftom a previous build and it started and ran good. I turned on the lambda and made a pull right out of the box and had fabulous AFR through the whole pull. Then I turned off lambda and I was surprised at what I saw. Base maps are just that. Base maps. Too many variables that affect it so to run the same map on two different cars is not a reality (with no tuning) what I saw was how far off the base map was to my target AFR. This 02 was doing way more corrections and at a very fast rate than I had thought it could do. Yesterday I got the base map on the money sans 02 sensor and then when I was done I turned it back on. I already ordered one for mine. 

2D690E12-E729-4837-8DBE-5515B183BBF6.jpeg

You think thats shocking!!! Just wait!!!

I installed 2 PC925 Odyssea's

:lmao:
Well when its time... 1 EarthX = 2 PC925.  1 Earth X = 6.9Lbs.  1 PC925 = 28LBS x 2 = 56lbs.  So its kinda like carrying around a 50lb bag of sand.  🙂

Well when its time... 1 EarthX = 2 PC925.  1 Earth X = 6.9Lbs.  1 PC925 = 28LBS x 2 = 56lbs.  So its kinda like carrying around a 50lb bag of sand.  🙂
Sounds like the same Good reasoning for buying a Subaru over a V8 😉. only in this case its over 100# of sand and the sand you already have gets to move more forward too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the same Good reasoning for buying a Subaru over a V8 😉. only in this case its over 100# of sand and the sand you already have gets to move more forward too.
Yeah, But be thankful for that weight forward....It really helps when you pull all those blown up subis back to camp..... Makes for a easier ride all around :lmao:

John spent some time tuning yesterday. I showed up earlier than scheduled to bring the GM52 home. Mostly to avoid as much Friday Freeway traffic as possible.

Car is even more crisp, pulled more rpms and beat the hp average from the day before.

This subi amazed me last year. It just flat pulls and pulls and pulls.  Linear power like nothing Ive had before.  

I can't wait!!!
You also cannot forget John's dyno is "Stingy"  He proved it to me back to back against the Turnkey Dyno  ran in both hours apart and saw 30 less HP on John's...

Back