The GM52 Hustler clone conversion

Trey is burning the midnight oil to get the car completed for our trip on the 27th.

Car is looking good. Checked on it today. Went to PCI to exchange the steering wheel PTT buttons for dash mounted buttons.  

Center console is in. Dash is in, seats are going in. 

Jet trim kinda screwed me on the seat tabs. Not sure if their welder was suffering from heat stroke or just DGaF. Tabs are not to spec and neither seat fits without making some changes to the sliders.

I assumed they had or have a jig. I've swapped many a seat and the tabs have been the same give or take a drill bit to match the edge of a hole. 

New funco shifter is bad ass. Only issue is the cable mount is below the pivot so now my up shift is pull back. The old shifter had the cable mount above the pivot point. 

No easy way to convert this at the trans. I may make a lever to change the throw next to the shifter with some linkage. This will all be well inside the center console. Not sure I can handle the opposite sequential shifting. So much mussel memory to fight.

Rant over, it's getting done.  

Wiring is getting finished and should have panels on the car tonight.

I'll get some photos tomorrow.

rim kinda screwed me on the seat tabs. Not sure if their welder was suffering from heat stroke or just DGaF. Tabs are not to spec and neither seat fits without making some changes to the sliders.
I love my Jet Trim seats but I had the same exact issue....It took soo much time and headache to fit properly and modify.

Cant wait to see this baby!!

:poule:

Back