SSSS 2024 thread

Thanks for posting all the pics, didn't get to go this year.

You are very welcome! Wish I got to spend more time at the show to cover the whole thing.

We got there late Saturday and was only there for three hours on Sunday.

This weekend was my wife’s girls trip so I had the kids so it took a lot longer to travel from Havasu to Orange County then I expected as well trying to keep them entertained while we were walking in the show, etc. it just slows things down. I will say that for dragging them to SSSS for two days. I am very proud that they were pretty well-behaved..

@acefuture AZP concepts isn't new would love to see some photos of the new designs, I really liked the older stuff they did.
Rhys's Jackal is SBA. Whish it would have made a bigger impact in the industry. It's kinda like the redbull purpose built dakar units.

@Sand Shark I used to go to the shop he's in now every weekend. Myan Spacarelli owned the property, I was helping him with the Pro2 truck. EWR Even Weller Racing started there too.

I want to see alot more detail on this RJ Anderson rig
View attachment 123008

One pet peeve I've had for years on these $150-300k cars is the ZIPTIE around the tube for wiring and hoses. Come-on builders I can get a $20 honda without that. Plan better add tabs for zipties or the xmas tree push pins. Something!
You're telling me for $335k I get all these zipties....
View attachment 123009
$85k SxS with zipties on CUSTOM arms!
View attachment 123011

Kinda surprised to see that and I probably wouldn’t have noticed it in person

So did anyone actually witness, the entire incident, with RG stuck up on the wall?

Lots of stories floating around! 😜

I haven’t even heard about it.. but good for him
For going out and actually doing things it’s pretty easy for people to always talk down from the sidelines.

Bad Joe Bad Joe.. lol

@acefuture AZP concepts isn't new would love to see some photos of the new designs, I really liked the older stuff they did.
Rhys's Jackal is SBA. Whish it would have made a bigger impact in the industry. It's kinda like the redbull purpose built dakar units.

That's why I put "new" in quotes. Mattox technically isn't "new" either. I more so mean new to the full size car/sand car platform. In an industry that is seeing more car builders switch to SxS, it's cool to see a guy go the other way. Even though he was building cars awhile back

This is the only picture I have of the Brenthel car in the booth. Sorry, I did not take any detail shots. I'm not a good picture taker.

It has "Lambo" style doors that open up and outwards, with some fairly stiff rear window struts to push them open once you hit the latch. I watched one kid reach in, open the latch and have the door smack him right in the face as it opened up. That was entertaining to see.

IMG_2998.jpg

Brenthal car had a ton of room in the backseat. Billet lower arms land even part of the rear trailing arm. I bet the thing works great, but they should maybe offer another option for the body. The body at the sand show looks like over grown SxS mixed with a buckshot.

So did anyone actually witness, the entire incident, with RG stuck up on the wall?

Lots of stories floating around! 😜
I had just walked away from the demo when we heard the crowd, so I only got back in time to see him up on the k-rail. There must be videos. Seems like a lot of people had their cameras out. He got out and up on top of the car and laughed it off. Stuff happens when you're putting on a show for the crowd. He was doing some pretty good two wheeling right before that. But no, I didn't see it when he went up onto the k-rail. Don't know how that happened.

Interesting show this year. A lot of people walking the show, not as many stopping in to chat and ask questions as years past. More questions asking if we had parts in stock, rather than asking what trans they needed for a new build or replacing smaller trans. Still a good show for us.
Talked with Landen from DRT and he said about the same as far as the clientele this year and parts on hand... offered to drop ship for free by Tuesday and people weren't interested in that.

This is the only picture I have of the Brenthel car in the booth. Sorry, I did not take any detail shots. I'm not a good picture taker.

It has "Lambo" style doors that open up and outwards, with some fairly stiff rear window struts to push them open once you hit the latch. I watched one kid reach in, open the latch and have the door smack him right in the face as it opened up. That was entertaining to see.

View attachment 123027

What window struts are we talking about? All I see is doors?

4th year for us. Our first was in building 10, last two were sharing some space with ASA and this year we used the trailer. We weren't selling much but that wasn't the goal... all volunteers spending their weekend with us helping - shaking hands and kissing babies, spreading the good word about who we are and what we do was the goal and I think that aspect was pretty successful. Fortunate enough to have some great volunteers that help make the magic happen.

4th year for us. Our first was in building 10, last two were sharing some space with ASA and this year we used the trailer. We weren't selling much but that wasn't the goal... all volunteers spending their weekend with us helping - shaking hands and kissing babies, spreading the good word about who we are and what we do was the goal and I think that aspect was pretty successful. Fortunate enough to have some great volunteers that help make the magic happen.

so I have part of my team over at my house drinking beers tonight and we are discussing Sancho for next year and I have some questions. Just walking around I never heard a generator so I am assuming you are not allowed to run any kind of generators whatsoever? Can they provide 50 amp or 30 amp to a booth? If not, what can they provide? How hard is it to get an outside space that’s pretty sizable because if we show up our bare minimum is almost 100‘ x 15‘? Probably don’t want to discuss pricing public, but wouldn’t mind a potential quote of what that would cost

so I have part of my team over at my house drinking beers tonight and we are discussing Sancho for next year and I have some questions. Just walking around I never heard a generator so I am assuming you are not allowed to run any kind of generators whatsoever? Can they provide 50 amp or 30 amp to a booth? If not, what can they provide? How hard is it to get an outside space that’s pretty sizable because if we show up our bare minimum is almost 100‘ x 15‘? Probably don’t want to discuss pricing public, but wouldn’t mind a potential quote of what that would cost
Not difficult as long as you get on their list and jump on the spaces as soon as they release them in early spring (they don't want to talk about any of it until then). Power is no problem, though they charge for it... that said, I paid for 20amp 110 and ended up with 30amp.... depends on who is at the booth on Thursday when they are running power and hooking those cats up with water/monsters and being cool to the setup crew. Will send a PM

Not difficult as long as you get on their list and jump on the spaces as soon as they release them in early spring (they don't want to talk about any of it until then). Power is no problem, though they charge for it... that said, I paid for 20amp 110 and ended up with 30amp.... depends on who is at the booth on Thursday when they are running power and hooking those cats up with water/monsters and being cool to the setup crew. Will send a PM

I appreciate it and I look forward to getting on that list the minute it is released if possible to find out who to talk to you before then beers will be coming their way. Lol.

@Sand Shark I used to go to the shop he's in now every weekend. Myan Spacarelli owned the property, I was helping him with the Pro2 truck. EWR Even Weller Racing started there too.

I want to see alot more detail on this RJ Anderson rig
View attachment 123008

RJ's car was built by Doug Mitag. It is really nice with a sequential gear box. It had some Walker Evans air shocks with an onboard compressor to adjust them. It was a beautiful build and will be ripping around the dunes Camp RZR weekend.
Basically it is an Awd sandrail with Pro R Plastics and a turbo Pro R motor.

Brenthal car had a ton of room in the backseat. Billet lower arms land even part of the rear trailing arm. I bet the thing works great, but they should maybe offer another option for the body. The body at the sand show looks like over grown SxS mixed with a buckshot.
Gotta agree with you.
I remember The_Goo on here, Jerry I believe...he had their first 2-seat sand car and that thing was pure art! Functional Art!
Seems like the wheel base on this new 4 seater is HUGE!!!
They build really nice stuff though.
(y)

Back