Speed UTV

I saw a post from the dude Desertracer (David) he is on engine number 3 and he is trying to sell it.   He was the guy posting all the videos about his Speed and then had a meltdown about his Speed breaking down.  
I talked with him he says there’s more than $80,000 into it.  It sounded like he was looking at getting close to that.  I wished him luck.  

I talked with him he says there’s more than $80,000 into it.  It sounded like he was looking at getting close to that.  I wished him luck.  
I don't see how he has $80K into a car that before accessories was $35K.  He could go down every isle of the Speed Pep Boys accessory isle and not spend another $45K.   LOL!!   

He will be lucky to get $40K for it. 

Ya I think the more pissed off the guy gets the higher the number. In all honesty, he has takin the car to Glamis Fab at least once so there’s that bill. He’s probably counting his travel costs to the desert only to have the car break and ruin his weekend. He may also be counting loss of cannabis sales while he was away!

All the trips to Havasu could be costly with time away from work, gas, and everything else.

I bought my Can Am in Havasu and it was a long ass day driving there and back.  

A few key "necessities" are one thing, but anybody who thinks they are going to get their money back out of a boxcar load of accessories is in for a rude awakening.

The NORRA race was a TOTAL disaster for Speed! Every day just about every car had problems. Robby sold (10) race special cars for $70,000 each, had to pay for the car upfront and if you won, the car was free. Not sure if first among the ten or class. 
One guy crashed first day and ripped the front A-arm mount off the transfer case. 
The car is a total POS now. 
So, not so good for Glamis and definitely not off-road racing worthy.

All you Speed buyers are in for a disappointing frustrating time. Feel bad for you but you all drank the Robby Koolaid, this is how Robby is. 
Good luck!!

Wait, so pay $70k to race a speed car in NORRA and only if you got top place you win the car??!! What am I missing here. So, someone paid $70k, raced a speed and went home empty handed? 

Wait, so pay $70k to race a speed car in NORRA and only if you got top place you win the car??!! What am I missing here. So, someone paid $70k, raced a speed and went home empty handed? 
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

How I read it was they bought the car for $70k. If they won they got a refund and the car was free. Now how about that broken a-arm mount? Wasn’t this something we talked about years ago and were assured the arm or something else would break before the mount would let go? So now it needs a new front diff? Is this something that will happen regularly when hitting witches eyes in Glamis? I hope this isn’t the case.

If the $70k "race car" you bought fell apart before ever finishing a race.... then can you get your money back?

$70k? I thought the $30k (or whatever) one was race ready and needed nothing? Where’d the $40k go?

I’m confused. 
I need to read these last few posts in the morning when I sober up. 

How I read it was they bought the car for $70k. If they won they got a refund and the car was free. Now how about that broken a-arm mount? Wasn’t this something we talked about years ago and were assured the arm or something else would break before the mount would let go? So now it needs a new front diff? Is this something that will happen regularly when hitting witches eyes in Glamis? I hope this isn’t the case.
It was I believe around $40K for the arrive and drive.   

Back