Speed UTV

So, ummmm, can I have my SxS now? 

-TJ
Did you say "pretty please"? LOL!

Have they given you any hint on when it will arrive?

If I had a Bandit I would be feeling pretty good after how they did at KOH.  

Reactions: FOG
Did you say "pretty please"? LOL!

Have they given you any hint on when it will arrive?

If I had a Bandit I would be feeling pretty good after how they did at KOH.  
I'm master 650... in that last live stream in the shop in CA there were Diablos later than 650 already there and fully prepped (at least one in the 700s IIRC).  A buddy of mine has car 655 and it was in the vid, and I think he's getting it this week but it's a Jefe not a Diablo. 

I think there's very little rhyme or reason to the order the cars are actually getting into the shop for PDI.  I figure they're all getting loaded into the containers in Vietnam roughly based on the order they're made.  But even the order they get built isn't fully sequential (especially when talking about all 3 different models).  Then those containers probably get shifted from one laydown yard to another, then eventually loaded onto a boat.  During all of that they're basically getting "shuffled."  Then the same happens once they hit the docks here.  Obviously Speed can't/won't crack every container to make sure they pull the cars into PDI in exactly master-number-sequence... so it's all just down to a roll of the dice when your car gets plucked for PDI.

To be clear ^is all just me speculating, based on no actual data.  The closest I have to data was my last pre-delivery configuration call sometime late last year where they projected Feb or March... which may actually prove to be true. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm master 650... in that last live stream in the shop in CA there were Diablos later than 650 already there and fully prepped (at least on in the 700s IIRC).  A buddy of mine has car 655 and it was in the vid, and I think he's getting it this week but it's a Jefe not a Diablo. 

I think there's very little rhyme or reason to the order the cars are actually getting into the shop for PDI.  I figure they're all getting loaded into the containers in Vietnam roughly based on the order they're made.  But even the order they get built isn't fully sequential (especially when talking about all 3 different models).  Then those containers probably get shifted from one laydown yard to another, then eventually loaded onto a boat.  During all of that they're basically getting "shuffled."  Then the same happens once they hit the docks here.  Obviously Speed can't/won't crack every container to make sure they pull the cars into PDI in exactly master-number-sequence... so it's all just down to a roll of the dice when your car gets plucked for PDI.

To be clear ^is all just me speculating, based on no actual data.  The closest I have to data was my last pre-delivery configuration call sometime late last year where they projected Feb or March... which may actually prove to be true. 

-TJ
You are actually a low number Diablo.  I have a friend that has one on order but his number is much higher (2000 range). 

As long as there are no further delays or parts that need changing I would figure your car will be here by Spring.  

Last edited by a moderator:
You are actually a low number Diablo.  I have a friend that has one on order but his number much higher (2000 range). 

As long as there are no further delays or parts that need changing I would figure your car will be here by Spring.  
Yeah, I should be a pretty low/early Diablo.  If you go back and watch the vid of the walk-through there were several Diablos in the 100s, a few 200/300s, and like I said I thought I saw one in the 700s but for sure there are some 600s (and at least one higher master number than my 650):
https://www.facebook.com/SpeedUTV/videos/934213555152896

image.png

image.png

-TJ

Yeah, I should be a pretty low/early Diablo.  If you go back and watch the vid of the walk-through there were several Diablos in the 100s, a few 200/300s, and like I said I thought I saw one in the 700s but for sure there are some 600s (and at least one higher master number than my 650):
https://www.facebook.com/SpeedUTV/videos/934213555152896

View attachment 95279

View attachment 95280

-TJ
Would be nice to get it so you can get out in the desert before it gets too hot. 

Anyone sign up for NORRA 1000 arrive and drive program through Speed?

I think they will have up to 50 Bandits ready to race. 

You are actually a low number Diablo.  I have a friend that has one on order but his number is much higher (2000 range). 

Who do you know in the 2000 range?

Pretty cool, but aren't there thousands still waiting?  Are these build people backed out of, or a way to cut the line?
The did not have many Bandit pre-orders.   There was a change in the line or something that was the reason the had them built and I think he needed 250 (whatever the number is in the rules) of them in order to race  in the stock UTV class.  

The did not have many Bandit pre-orders.   There was a change in the line or something that was the reason the had them built and I think he needed 250 (whatever the number is in the rules) of them in order to race  in the stock UTV class.  
There were 150 of them built, they didn't have that many orders, but the manufacturer wouldn't build the small amount, 150 was the minimum number for them to build.

The 250 rule for racing is for the brand, not per model number.

FWIW, they said that building these 150 bandits did not slow down the line of El Jefes.

Back