Speed UTV

I'm really glad to see at least one is out getting used.  I've seen a few of the videos that Nick has posted. The suspension on it sure looks pretty good.  The thing that I have a tough time getting past is the sound of that motor.  Maybe it will be better with a different exhaust. I honestly cannot think of anything I've heard driving in the dunes that sounds worse than that.
The motor sound is pretty bad.  Suspension does look good. 

The Z1 had more of a low drone IIRC. It does have a bit of Homelite Super XL tone to it. 

I understand it was just a hose clamp rubbing a hole in an overflow hose, but they really need to pay more attention to detail while assembling these cars. Fit and finish is crucial for them right now. Imagine if a clamp rubbed a hole in a main hose and overheated the motor. Or lack of zip ties holding electrical harnesses gets the electrical wrapped around a drive shaft. Not saying these are issues now but they can’t afford to have stop sell stop ride bulletins like Polaris does.
I am with you on this  - Let's hope these cars go to tinkers ... I can see warranty repairs stacking up and chewing up profits like crazy - MANY SxS owners would bring the car in for repair or drive it till it blows .  The little things hurt reputation and cost money

I'll never forget the mile long  "free repair" line at Camp RZR in year one 

I guess the deterrent is lack of local service  ...

But a Havasu trip is always fun

I understand it was just a hose clamp rubbing a hole in an overflow hose, but they really need to pay more attention to detail while assembling these cars. Fit and finish is crucial for them right now. Imagine if a clamp rubbed a hole in a main hose and overheated the motor. Or lack of zip ties holding electrical harnesses gets the electrical wrapped around a drive shaft. Not saying these are issues now but they can’t afford to have stop sell stop ride bulletins like Polaris does.
A stop ride for how many cars? 10? 12? 20k? 

2 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

That rock crawling is boring.  They need to go to this place

Now we know where LOTD got his "suspension failure" pictures...

More important PSA notice:

Note the snowboard/BMX/whatever helmet at the beginning:

image.png

Halfway through:

image.png

And end:

image.png

So yeah, worthless for vehicle crashes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back