Speed UTV

Glad its finally happening for folks, nice update on the CARB Cert.

Approved in FEB?, right around when he said...LOL...its funny because you know how much chit he got for it not being posted on the ARB website all that time.
Technically he said they had CARB approval last September

Are we still at two cars?  Any reviews out there from the owners yet?

This flywheel affect is taking a while to get up to Speed

I get the feeling my chances of buying my wife a Bargain basement pre owned 2022 RZR because everyone is moving at break-neck Speed  to Speed before the 2023 season is fading .... Might have to wait a season for that

Come On RG  Full Speed ahead ...
Apparently more than 2 were released to customers.  One was spotted at Slash X in Barstow.  Honestly I doubt we will see any owner post anything but positive things.    Looks like the 12 that were on a boat heading to the U.S. after the first 12 arrived has finally made it to shore 2+ months later.  Must of took the boat the long way around.  LOL!

Figure it will be a slow rollout of cars to customers because they don't have the manpower to do massive amounts of cars.   Hopefully they have the dealer network sorted out and can start delivering cars to dealers for final prep and delivery to customers. 

yeah, I think COYNE had over 50 ordered. Hope the Dezzy (Daniel G) goes over there and teaches them the PDI

So if your Speed UTV comes in soon, say this summer, you have to go to Havasu to pick it up. And if it needs service you’ll need to take it back to Havasu, drop it off and then go back to pick it up. 

So if your Speed UTV comes in soon, say this summer, you have to go to Havasu to pick it up. And if it needs service you’ll need to take it back to Havasu, drop it off and then go back to pick it up. 
You would hope by fall they have the dealers all set up and that would not be needed for service.  I think the owners paid for shipping so I am guessing you could ask that it be shipped to the local Speed dealer near you once the Havasu crew preps it. 

I understand it was just a hose clamp rubbing a hole in an overflow hose, but they really need to pay more attention to detail while assembling these cars. Fit and finish is crucial for them right now. Imagine if a clamp rubbed a hole in a main hose and overheated the motor. Or lack of zip ties holding electrical harnesses gets the electrical wrapped around a drive shaft. Not saying these are issues now but they can’t afford to have stop sell stop ride bulletins like Polaris does.

I understand it was just a hose clamp rubbing a hole in an overflow hose, but they really need to pay more attention to detail while assembling these cars. Fit and finish is crucial for them right now. Imagine if a clamp rubbed a hole in a main hose and overheated the motor. Or lack of zip ties holding electrical harnesses gets the electrical wrapped around a drive shaft. Not saying these are issues now but they can’t afford to have stop sell stop ride bulletins like Polaris does.
Exactly.

Overflow hose vs oil or fuel line and its now a huge potential problem / fire.

It was just a hose clamp rubbing on a coolant over flow hose. All is good Nick just posted in his stories on Instagram about it.

View attachment 68680
My problem is most of us on this board would have zero issues fixing it.  But there is a new breed of Off Roaders that would either drive it until it blows up or just takes it back in for a warranty repair.  Whie this is simple, it shouldn't happen.  Again, goes back to what I see with Robbie, car prep is not his strength. 

I'm really glad to see at least one is out getting used.  I've seen a few of the videos that Nick has posted. The suspension on it sure looks pretty good.  The thing that I have a tough time getting past is the sound of that motor.  Maybe it will be better with a different exhaust. I honestly cannot think of anything I've heard driving in the dunes that sounds worse than that.

SPEED UTV (Undeliverable Thwarted Vehicle)

:bag:

Thwarted: prevented from accomplishing something; frustrated.
Unbelievable Timeline Villain 

My problem is most of us on this board would have zero issues fixing it.  But there is a new breed of Off Roaders that would either drive it until it blows up or just takes it back in for a warranty repair.  Whie this is simple, it shouldn't happen.  Again, goes back to what I see with Robbie, car prep is not his strength. 
Ayep.  This is why it takes years to clean-sheet a vehicle...

With decades of experience in house...

And hundreds of engineers...

I'm really glad to see at least one is out getting used.  I've seen a few of the videos that Nick has posted. The suspension on it sure looks pretty good.  The thing that I have a tough time getting past is the sound of that motor.  Maybe it will be better with a different exhaust. I honestly cannot think of anything I've heard driving in the dunes that sounds worse than that.
Most will buy more and bigger speakers!!!

I am guessing that became an issue when they were taking stuff apart to replace the wiring harness that got chewed up or maybe they had to move something to install the new transmission.   That looks like it might be something that happen at the Havasu location versus factory issue.   It was an easy fix and he was hitting the trails again. 

Back