Speed UTV

Robby posted on SM that the 12 were getting transmissions installed this weekend by Techs, because he was getting crap for being at NORRA.

Supposedly they did pretty good at NORRA with only some minor issues, one being the power steering again.

Just get them to your customers RG. Whatever is going to happen, will happen.
They did very well yesterday, Power steering issues appear to be Todd loosing the cap off of the reservoir and getting dirt into the fluid. Max was a believe 2nd place, but got a 10 min. penalty for something and moved him to 4th. I think Robby ended up 15th?

So I saw a picture that RGs production Speed UTV was smoking and stopped yesterday during the NORRA race.  Might of smoked the turbo and others say something with the oil separator.  

Good news is the two race/purpose built Speed UTVS driven by Max and Todd finished.  

Reactions: FOG
So I saw a picture that RGs production Speed UTV was smoking and stopped yesterday during the NORRA race.  Might of smoked the turbo and others say something with the oil separator.  

Good news is the two race/purpose built Speed UTVS driven by Max and Todd finished.  
Todds care is not a race purpose built car, it's a production car.

What's funny is how they contradict themselves in their own posts.... zero issues, then but lost, broke had an issue...
supertroopers-little-guy.gif

Amazing that Sara Price is in the same class on a car that is racing back to back races without a teardown his kicking their butts.  First a 5 day rally, and now another 5 day rally, in the same car.

Amazing that Sara Price is in the same class on a car that is racing back to back races without a teardown his kicking their butts.  First a 5 day rally, and now another 5 day rally, in the same car.
Right… but is she running a race pre production car with all custom one off production parts pre order.

Right… but is she running a race pre production car with all custom one off production parts pre order.
Sara has driven over 2,000 miles in a 2 week span of racing, that is pretty amazing.  She is in first place going into the last stage today..........huge props.  Max got slowed up due to a clogged air filter yesterday, how about some planning and prep.

Confidence in this UTV is dropping, the NORRA race is showing some reliability issues.

"Born in Baja" might become "Died in Baja".

Be interesting to see what RG has to say about how they plan to address the issues they uncovered in this race.

My belief is that Robbie and his team do a poor job in prepping cars, when he has someone else prepping his race cars he is a top driver, when his shop preps cars we see things like: Clog Air Filters, oil lines falling off, out of gas, and so on.  Where is the planning and detail.  

My belief is that Robbie and his team do a poor job in prepping cars, when he has someone else prepping his race cars he is a top driver, when his shop preps cars we see things like: Clog Air Filters, oil lines falling off, out of gas, and so on.  Where is the planning and detail.  
Their planning and detail seems to be focused on getting Speed UTV cars into their customers hands. 

Back