Speed UTV

Well let’s see if he’s here in another two or three years. Its Definitely a different world than when Polaris and then Can-Am came put out there first models, not to mention the other ones that were already proven like Honda,Kawasaki, Yamaha.
That’s just it. The three old school mega manufactures were late for the late show! I mean Yamaha started all this buzz which the Rhino. They could have easily ran away with the whole thing but instead fell short. Way short. Then Honda and Kawasaki had all the time in the world to build something out of this world. Instead they built mediocre. So Polaris and CanAm continue to duke it out at the top of the game. Then comes along RG. His concept could have been spectacular. I feel by the time he actually gets his crap together, Polaris and CanAm will keep pulling away. I mean with the Pro R out and CanAm building their answer to it, he won’t be able to keep up.

Reactions: FOG
Well let’s see if he’s here in another two or three years. Its Definitely a different world than when Polaris and then Can-Am came put out there first models, not to mention the other ones that were already proven like Honda,Kawasaki, Yamaha.
Biggest question mark for me isn't if he can make money selling these.

It's if he can make money continuing to sell these given warranty and repair and reputation impact.

Honestly guys been out of town for two weeks .. how many cars delivered?  did the second batch I think its 500 make it to customers yet?

Are any owners of the early cars selling them for huge profits? 

Biggest question mark for me isn't if he can make money selling these.

It's if he can make money continuing to sell these given warranty and repair and reputation impact.
don't they only offer a 6 month warranty?  Seems like they should make it past that  - and repairs are all profit

don't they only offer a 6 month warranty?  Seems like they should make it past that  - and repairs are all profit
Should've reworded: warranty repairs, and resulting reputation impact. They've tried to deliver a couple of times already, but haven't been able to because of manufacturing issues that crop up immediately.  The cars currently attempting to be delivered are user beta testing mules, so what other issues will crop up at FRP?  Will the lessons learned on this batch and the next apply to the batches manufactured/assembled in Vietnam instead?  Robby has a dynamic group that can respond to things more quickly than a Honda (especially) and and Can Am/Polaris, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. 

Reputation impact: If the next round has a major flaw like the transmission shattering, will people keep the faith?  There's no dealer network really yet, all are direct sales, so how many times will people truck their ride back to Havasu for repairs before they get fed up?  If dealers see all the issues and pissed off villagers, will they stay signed up?

Lots of questions after manufacturing starts and deliveries to the Pube-lic are made.  John Q Public is a complete idiot, especially after an empty cooler. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”

- Douglas Adams

“Design a system that even a fool can use and only a fool will use it.”

-Sandkist

That’s just it. The three old school mega manufactures were late for the late show! I mean Yamaha started all this buzz which the Rhino. They could have easily ran away with the whole thing but instead fell short. Way short. Then Honda and Kawasaki had all the time in the world to build something out of this world. Instead they built mediocre. So Polaris and CanAm continue to duke it out at the top of the game. Then comes along RG. His concept could have been spectacular. I feel by the time he actually gets his crap together, Polaris and CanAm will keep pulling away. I mean with the Pro R out and CanAm building their answer to it, he won’t be able to keep up.
He will always be playing catch up with Polaris and Can Am.   

He will always be playing catch up with Polaris and Can Am.   
I agree. In the beginning a number of people said that he would be able to leapfrog the competition.  But I think he has shown with his changes for improvement and the associated delays, it’s more difficult than originally anticipated. 
Maybe RG just wants to build a brand so he, friends and family can go racing. I don’t see the Speed UTV as an innovative threat to any of the manufacturers. 

I agree. In the beginning a number of people said that he would be able to leapfrog the competition.  But I think he has shown with his changes for improvement and the associated delays, it’s more difficult than originally anticipated. 
Maybe RG just wants to build a brand so he, friends and family can go racing. I don’t see the Speed UTV as an innovative threat to any of the manufacturers. 
Speed UTV is another source of income to support his racing and Max's racing and future Gordon racers. 

I kinda miss all the CAD Renderings and slide show presentation days..

Now its all just "AWTY"

200.gif

Speed UTV is another source of income to support his racing and Max's racing and future Gordon racers. 
I don’t think I would call it “another source of income “ yet. 
More like betting big on an inside straight. 

BTW anyone know why this thread is not showing up on the home page under recent topics?

rwg influence runs deep
LOL!

Wonder if his influence has those transmissions installed in the customers cars that were supposed to have them back end of last month.  

Read a rumor the pallet of transmissions that were allegedly shipped to Havasu had issues and a new shipment was made.   

LOL!

Wonder if his influence has those transmissions installed in the customers cars that were supposed to have them back end of last month.  

Read a rumor the pallet of transmissions that were allegedly shipped to Havasu had issues and a new shipment was made.   
Strange how most bad rumors about Speed UTV turn out to be the truth. 

Robby posted on SM that the 12 were getting transmissions installed this weekend by Techs, because he was getting crap for being at NORRA.

Supposedly they did pretty good at NORRA with only some minor issues, one being the power steering again.

Just get them to your customers RG. Whatever is going to happen, will happen.

Reactions: FOG
LOL!

baseball-ponche-out.gif

Back