Speed UTV

Didn't he win a $$hit ton of money from the lawsuit? Even if it goes to appeals I'm sure he'd have people backing him financially on that.

Maybe he has plans on getting the support from hisun
They did win a big lawsuit, but might not see that money for a while.  I doubt they will end up with the $43 million.  Judgement will likely be reduced or they will settle for less.

Good write up! That was a long winded video. Seems like there are quite a few smaller issues popping up after just one day of riding. I couldn’t help but chuckle when he talked about the stickers coming off already and dust getting under them so they wouldn’t stick anymore. Brought me back to when RG somewhat lost his chit for someone pointing out the sticker kit coming off the back of one of the cars last year! Guess that didn’t get addressed. Also, I don’t have an aftermarket skid plate on my rzr. I’ve bashed tons of rocks without trashing my driveline. Wonder how that happened?
Can Ams are plastic skid plates and aren't bumpstopped correctly, so regularly case the frame.  I don't think this is an issue with those either.

That video was one report with his issues from one of the cars.   I’m sure other drivers had their own list of issues. 
It appears that there is additional work to be done before the Speed UTV is ready for the general public. 
Even though there are supposedly additional production cars on the way, will Speed release them with these known issues?  And what will be the timing, weeks or months?

And as someone said earlier, has anyone seen the carb certification?
CARB certification has been "issued" since forever:

"Final testing" 2 years ago...

On 10/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, Lord of the Dunes said:

Since there was an earlier discussion about whether the Speed or the new Bronco would be delivered first...

Here's a video from Hoovie's Garage, where he discusses Ford taking 17 YEARS to deliver the Bronco - that's right, the concept was shown in 2004!

But wait, there's more! They delivered a few of them, then they stopped deliveries due to a cosmetic problem with the plastic 4 piece roof. The owner in the video said he got on a waiting list 4 years ago and paid a deposit 1-1/2 year ago and his was delivered, even though Ford's tracking system says his is still in Dearborn. So there are tens of thousands of these sitting in a lot somewhere waiting for the improved replacement roofs to be delivered.

I'm impressed the company with the worst history in recalls has decided to make their customers wait for 18 years instead of recalling them all shortly after delivery. Kinda reminds me of a stop sell/stop ride.    :smile:

Bringing this feller back up, since, well, it aged perfectly. :biggrin:

Yore kidding right?
if thats true.  lol
200.gif

Bringing this feller back up, since, well, it aged perfectly. :biggrin:
LMAO!!!   still waiting for the big old plate of crow.   

Funny I was at two Ford dealers yesterday and they had Broncos for sale if you did not mind paying $10K-$20K over MSRP.   

LMAO!!!   still waiting for the big old plate of crow.   

Funny I was at two Ford dealers yesterday and they had Broncos for sale if you did not mind paying $10K-$20K over MSRP.   
Yep.  Not to mention Ford didn't start taking deposits until they had all of the preproduction process completed.  Supply chain issues delayed things, but the entire production line was set up.

Maybe it was user error with the sequential gear box.  But he said there was no parking brake and he couldn't get it to stop on a hill.
Had to be user error.  No way they do not have a park in the transmission.  

Reactions: FOG
BLUF:

Positives: 

Power
Stout construction
Suspension ("snappy, rode well")
Electronic gizmos 
Wheels/tires work well
Good visibility

Negatives:

Power steering yanks back to center (fix investigation underway)
Suspension bottoms/springs sag
Stickers falling off due to dust
Wiring issues (loose wiring on multiple cars, 2 DNFs as a result)
Odd GUI/manual/app written by Chinese people
Window nets annoying
Roof caves in at speed
Brakes are weak
Insufficient base model skid plates (someone windowed their transaxle/whatever)
Chinese junk. I would be disappointed to wait that long to be a test dummy to work out the bugs. 

Anyone hear they forgot to put a park in the trans and include a parking brake.  On the ride everyone had to park on flat ground or the car would roll away.
This is completely wrong, there is a "park" on the trans, complete user error. It does not have a parking bake though, similar to the Polaris.

Reactions: FOG
Back