Speed UTV

wow from China, to Mexico hype and final verdict is Vietnam.  Very interesting!  And today the container is supposed to be at Long Beach.  But with the wild ass storm that hit last few days, boats probably throttled back for safety and I predict another delay.

wow from China, to Mexico hype and final verdict is Vietnam.  Very interesting!  And today the container is supposed to be at Long Beach.  But with the wild ass storm that hit last few days, boats probably throttled back for safety and I predict another delay.
 another big storm coming this weekend. 

HISUN Plant in Vietnam

An established Location, they have UTV that come from there already:

PLOT NO CN2-05 NON TARRIFF AREA NAM DINH VU INDUSTRIAL PARK AREA 1 DINH VU-CAT HAI

https://usimports.info/exporter-vietnam-new-century-industrial-co-ltd/data-1.html#

Boat left 12/30/22 and containers are listed here:

https://panjiva.com/Vietnam-New-Century-Industries/70790066
No denying manufacturing is currently overseas, beit China or Vietnam, but There has to be a reason they 'flagshipped' the Hisun-branded Speed El Jefe in the first 2 minutes of this video(You see it covered up and then unveiled and then one of the VPs sitting in it). I still maintain that long term horizon points to Mexico - makes WAY more logistical and oversight sense:

43 minutes ago, Bodywerks said:

No denying manufacturing is currently overseas, beit China or Vietnam, but There has to be a reason they 'flagshipped' the Hisun-branded Speed El Jefe in the first 2 minutes of this video(You see it covered up and then unveiled and then one of the VPs sitting in it). I still maintain that long term horizon points to Mexico - makes WAY more logistical and oversight sense:

I believe the plant in Mexico is an assembly plant, not manufacturing.  I do not see how Speed, just like the others, avoids having parts made in Asia. 

:classic_ninja: .. Yup my buddy is like 2200 and he'll be putting up his for the deposit .. $4500 no mark-up but cheaper than if you order today. He just wants out... He's gonna put an LS in a custom truck and already has all the CAD or JIG or whatever from one of the ones in the photos I posted.. same fabricator will do it for him in Utah.. He'll have a ground up ride before he EVER see's his SPEED car.. he's done.

unicorn.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It was orginally "pitched" as US utv

then it was a US designed utv

then it was a US designed, parts from international sources.... but will be assembled in the USA texas 

then it was china

then it was maybe mexico

then it was back to china

now it is vietnam

Hollywood couldn't write a better script even if micheal moore wrote it.

And still the first unicorns, if and when they finally show up, still are not technically produced on an assembly line, they were and are still being hand built.  And who knows how many of the first several batches are being hand built.  Maybe Ho Chi Minh knows, or perhaps Hanoi Jane?  

Need a picture of one on Boom-Boom Rock.

42766395535_45944f8104_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What country is next?

North Korea?
Maybe India, they still have legalized slave labor there in this day and age.  Looks like a few more cars going up for sale Facebook.    Kinda getting weird.  My guess is they are getting some relief from the tariffs going through Vietnam    Who knows these days

Well, we shall see.  Maybe there will be TWO plants building them...to make up for the Covid outages???? Twice as many being built per day..... or EVEN THREE plants if Mexico comes online.... can you imagine  like 200+ speed cars being built a day?????????

Nothing wrong with Vietnam for producing things, but the Covid restrictions were tougher in Vietnam than China..........at least they are considered a friendly country.

It will be interesting to see how all this unfolds.   Still waiting to see some video of the cars coming out of the container and heading to Havasu. 

Back