Speed UTV

How much is a few year old Funco ,Compared to the price I would currently have to pay if I ordered a top of the line RG series, I am on the fence ?. I really like them both and i know it may costs more for repairs for the Funco . Just like to get some of your thoughts . I know this is comparing apples to oranges, But I am looking for something for the sand that would be really fun, I know the Speed is more versatile . If Robby puts out a Video on Tuesday I may go with the Speed :)  
A few year old Funco will be $100K.   If you are looking for a sand only vehicle a sandcar would be the way to go.  If you are set on a SXS for the sand only a Can Am X3 is still the way to go with a Pro R right there.   

How much is a few year old Funco ,Compared to the price I would currently have to pay if I ordered a top of the line RG series, I am on the fence ?. I really like them both and i know it may costs more for repairs for the Funco . Just like to get some of your thoughts . I know this is comparing apples to oranges, But I am looking for something for the sand that would be really fun, I know the Speed is more versatile . If Robby puts out a Video on Tuesday I may go with the Speed :)  
Depends on how old a FUNCO, I will tell you I spend less on maintenance on my Funco than a lot of people do on their SxS.  I average $1k a year on my 2008 Gen 4, but I do all of it myself.  I watch people in our group go thru $500 in belts a year. 

Depends on how old a FUNCO, I will tell you I spend less on maintenance on my Funco than a lot of people do on their SxS.  I average $1k a year on my 2008 Gen 4, but I do all of it myself.  I watch people in our group go thru $500 in belts a year. 
On my Honda Talon its been oil and filters for the last three seasons. Maybe a $100 a year. 

On my Honda Talon its been oil and filters for the last three seasons. Maybe a $100 a year. 
Same with my Talon at a season and a half. 
If I had a $1 for every broken belt I picked up in the dunes it would pay for my yearly maintenance. 

I change out the belt 1-2 times a year and oil, diff, and trans fluid changes are 2-3 times a year.  

Gear oil and trans fluid need to be changed that often, or just because?
The manual I think says ever 2000 miles.  I just change them all at the same time so I am on the same schedule.  I try to do it every 1500 miles. 

Agree, but that’s probably once every 500 miles? :biggrin:
From Oct 21 - Oct 22 I put 2700 miles on my car.  LOL!

With my Polaris I changed the oil every 500 or so miles and the trans/diff every 1000 miles.  I did not trust Polaris.  

We’ll time to light a fire to get this to 300 pages. 

unfortunately as much as I am rooting for RG to actually succeed and pull this through I am starting to see more and more parallels to another, while much small scale, off road fiasco and fraud. 

In order to protect identities I will change some details. Several years ago there was a builder who I will call Mr Smith, who openly discussed how other builders like Funco and Tatum were blatantly ripping off their customer by overcharging them. Mr Smith built a better car at a lower price point and even brought a new entry point car that would Silence the nay sayers. 

I am first hand witness to what came next. Showing multiple buyers the same frame and saying it was theirs. The same Fortin transmission and engine was shown to multiple owners who put down deposits.  Then the delays……issues with powder coating…….suppliers not sending the right parts etc etc.  After so many months of delays and lies the lights finally came on and what was left was a complete cluster fck. 

sure some people got their cars and some people only lost a little money but other were not so lucky. 

I am not saying this is what is happening here only that the parallels are starting to become very apparent. 

unfortunately as much as I am rooting for RG to actually succeed and pull this through I am starting to see more and more parallels to another, while much small scale, off road fiasco and fraud. 

In order to protect identities I will change some details. Several years ago there was a builder who I will call Mr Smith, who openly discussed how other builders like Funco and Tatum were blatantly ripping off their customer by overcharging them. Mr Smith built a better car at a lower price point and even brought a new entry point car that would Silence the nay sayers. 

I am first hand witness to what came next. Showing multiple buyers the same frame and saying it was theirs. The same Fortin transmission and engine was shown to multiple owners who put down deposits.  Then the delays……issues with powder coating…….suppliers not sending the right parts etc etc.  After so many months of delays and lies the lights finally came on and what was left was a complete cluster fck. 

sure some people got their cars and some people only lost a little money but other were not so lucky. 

I am not saying this is what is happening here only that the parallels are starting to become very apparent. 
Shocking.....you would need Therapy after this. 

Nikal may have a connection of some sort. He seems to know a lot and very passionate about the Speed UTV.    DTA is a different person.  
I PM'd back and forth with Nikal a while back and while he is connected in the Off-Road world at least at the time we spoke he was not working for SPEED or Robbie in anyway.  He did know a lot of people who did or do, he also knew of some things that were happening behind some other scenes that someone who isn't connected would not of known about.

So what your saying is now would not be the time to place my custom race built Wildcat on consignment with him

"Mr. Smith" is a straight up crook! Comparing him to RG or anyone else who hasn't ripped off people is  :thumbsdown:

Mr. Smith almost got me for six figures. I am glad that I had a gut feeling to walk away.

Back