Speed UTV

So is the over/under on when the first group of Speed UTVs get to customers March 2023?

I’ve got a chance to buy a friend’s spot for what he’s paid.  I really want to but all this radio silence has me a little worried.  

I feel that is in Speeds best interest to buy back any early numbers and re- market them higher price point or completely squash the number and as not build them at a loss or break even point .  Ie the “Carl Skyes” of the world appear.  So potential buyers could be competing with Speed if they hit the  open market at original cost.   That is if Speed still has the financial resources to do this.   I still think these cars will get built somehow now that all the tooling is in place. 
What could kill Speed is if these motors or axles prove unreliable. The rest of car should be solid   

I feel that is in Speeds best interest to buy back any early numbers and re- market them higher price point or completely squash the number and as not build them at a loss or break even point .  Ie the “Carl Skyes” of the world appear.  So potential buyers could be competing with Speed if they hit the  open market at original cost.   That is if Speed still has the financial resources to do this.   I still think these cars will get built somehow now that all the tooling is in place. 
What could kill Speed is if these motors or axles prove unreliable. The rest of car should be solid   
What will kill Speed is if they do not have the parts readily available and a solid dealer network where people can take them to get fixed or for service. 

Where things might get dicey with the motor is with that 300hp E85 tune.  They really have not posted much about what durability testing they have done with the E85 tune.  

Reactions: FOG
Wait until motors start puking  their guts out and no parts. 💩 will hit the fan. Sorry deposit holders, the worst is yet to come. 

Here's my wonder, maybe unrelated but if manufacturers have free reign on going past the 1000cc rule or whatever determines a SxS like the Pro R did, then why not just go after all the $80k+ builds that will have much more power, reliability no belts clutches etc. and just get after it! It seems once they broke that barrier then sky is the limit? Where does it stop now? 

Here's my wonder, maybe unrelated but if manufacturers have free reign on going past the 1000cc rule or whatever determines a SxS like the Pro R did, then why not just go after all the $80k+ builds that will have much more power, reliability no belts clutches etc. and just get after it! It seems once they broke that barrier then sky is the limit? Where does it stop now? 
Financing..... is the problem with those.

Financing..... is the problem with those.
It shouldn't be. We finance way worse crap. (I'm in the finance field btw) they can always setup shop around lower loan to values, maybe insuring them I would guess will be the issue. I mean hell, we got folks buying 100k Teslas that are super tin foil and a limited battery life? Meh. 

What will kill Speed is if they do not have the parts readily available and a solid dealer network where people can take them to get fixed or for service. 

Where things might get dicey with the motor is with that 300hp E85 tune.  They really have not posted much about what durability testing they have done with the E85 tune.  
Guinness World Record holder… lol. :biggrin:  

How much is a few year old Funco ,Compared to the price I would currently have to pay if I ordered a top of the line RG series, I am on the fence ?. I really like them both and i know it may costs more for repairs for the Funco . Just like to get some of your thoughts . I know this is comparing apples to oranges, But I am looking for something for the sand that would be really fun, I know the Speed is more versatile . If Robby puts out a Video on Tuesday I may go with the Speed :)  

How much is a few year old Funco ,Compared to the price I would currently have to pay if I ordered a top of the line RG series, I am on the fence ?. I really like them both and i know it may costs more for repairs for the Funco . Just like to get some of your thoughts . I know this is comparing apples to oranges, But I am looking for something for the sand that would be really fun, I know the Speed is more versatile . If Robby puts out a Video on Tuesday I may go with the Speed :)  
Apples to oranges is an understatement, depending on what a few years means so is the comparison in price. What ever the difference, if you spend a lot of the time in the sand the Funco would be WELL worth the difference in price....

You are correct. 
One foot is already in the grave. 

Can't imagine the stress Robbie Gordon is going through trying to get this done. Next 6 months are going to be interesting. These cars MUST be reliable, especially the engine. 

Back