Speed UTV

Something tells me they won't have much of a problem with carb seeing as he got green certification from the EPA. he claims it's the first "Green" certified UTV.
What does "Green" certified mean?

All 2022 OHV Models sold in CA will be Green Sticker only  :lol:  ....

Good explanation in this article on why they got rid of it, 1) emissions BS and 2) majority of Red sticker were used recreationally in CA anyways

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/new-california-rules-put-ohv-riding-in-jeopardy

More and more BS. I really feel for the deposit holders. Another desert season with no Speed UTV. Glad I have my pos Polaris to enjoy the outdoors. ✌️

My bet is closer to 8 weeks.  Good thing a lot of CA customers have places in Parker and Lake Havasu.

a certain member appears to be correct that there was issues with CARB.  

Apparently you've forgotten the wording in the comment you referenced... I mean, you wouldn't purposely omit the EPA part, would you?  LMAO!  I understand the Speed/RG hate commonality you share with Biff, but I'm surprised you would give that fool any credibility, was nothing more than a troll who contributed zero to the conversation.  Shame it took so long for admin to take action.

"Remember when Buff mentioned RG and Speed were having CARB/EPA issues.  Maybe he was not wrong after all.  LMAO!!!!!"

Apparently you've forgotten the wording in the comment you referenced... I mean, you wouldn't purposely omit the EPA part, would you?  LMAO!  I understand the Speed/RG hate commonality you share with Biff, but I'm surprised you would give that fool any credibility, was nothing more than a troll who contributed zero to the conversation.  Shame it took so long for admin to take action.

"Remember when Buff mentioned RG and Speed were having CARB/EPA issues.  Maybe he was not wrong after all.  LMAO!!!!!"

​
I don't hate Speed UTV.  I like the design and what he has done. I want to check them out in the wild.    I have friends with deposits on the Speed UTV.   

The only thing that gets me is RG just talking made crap about the other manufactures and how he is the best.  He comes off has is he is the only one that knows how to design and all others are inferior.  Kind of hard to say your the best when you have not even had any cars in customers hands and every time you go out racing in one it does not turn out very good.    

Honestly I do not remember exactly if he said CARB and EPA so in my first post I included.  Yes he was a troll, but still interesting that his comment appears to be correct about CARB. 

If you listen to the live show they did not even make any engines because they wanted to make sure the EPA cert was issued and no changes needed.  CARB is far more restrictive than the EPA requirements it is kind of weird that CARB will not issue certification until the EPA issue one first.  Maybe that has to do with import regulations or some federal regulation.  Only the experts in that field know. 

I don't take this stuff seriously and the joking and banter is all in good fun.  End of the day we all want to be out in the desert having a good time no matter what a person drives. 

Get it right it's COMMIEformia

I can't even get a new fuel pump for my ONAN generator shipped here now....... Fn CARB and Prop 65 warning approvals won't allow it.
 That one sees like an odd one not to be able to ship to CA.  

It's more likely Prop 65... than carb....

Companies don't want to risk it....why would you???? 

Most car parts, suspension included that have 65 warnings....won't ship here...  Ebay is better..they don't give a poop...

My sister who lives in San Diego had to have plumbing fixtures sent to me in AZ because the seller could not ship them to her.  Effing fixtures were shipped FROM Los Angeles.  Hypocrites.
Those fixtures probably do not have the water restrictors/gallon per minute  CA requirement.  Shower heads sold in CA have a different gallon per minute requirement than other states.  Did not know that until I tried to order a replacement shower head.  

CARB certification has been ongoing since May of last year.  To be a fly on the wall in the meetings with the company submitting the paperwork and the guys from Speed...

Those fixtures probably do not have the water restrictors/gallon per minute  CA requirement.  Shower heads sold in CA have a different gallon per minute requirement than other states.  Did not know that until I tried to order a replacement shower head.  
Still effing stupid as fawk.

Just to be clear, for most of us on this thread, we are NOT haters. We see the great IDEA that RG has put in motion and agree it will be great all the way around. In the end, even if we aren’t ticket holders, hopefully it forces our toy manufactures ( Polaris, CanAm, etc ) to step up their game and make a better product. We like the way this is headed. Poking fun at RG for running his yapper about how superior his product is and then not finishing races, breaking parts in front of crowds while your competitors finish without breaking, etc doesn’t make us haters. We point out the obvious. Someone pointed out that it reminded them of the Tesla truck showing. That is really how these last few years have gone. Now, as the adults WE are, our cars have been bashed multiple times by RG and the die hard ticket holders on this site, and yet we agree our cars have short comings and we would like to see the manufactures address them. Some of the bashing has been blown way out of proportion ie the CanAm front end will snap off if not careful unloading from the flatbed and all RZR’s can do is roast marshmallows! Us owners laugh it off as ADULTS should do. Heaven forbid we point out a bolt welded into a gap, doors that don’t open or close correctly, trailing arm tabs breaking off, etc to have the ticket holders attack like a school kid! Then the first race day comes. The race build of all race builds shows up ( mind you this is the car I want to buy ) and loses an oil line toasting the motor not far from the start line. That is comical. All the while those manufactures you bashed are all finishing. Some not just finishing but only a couple minutes off the TT’s and Class 1’s! Again, not hating……oh just read my sig for the rest.

Just to be clear, for most of us on this thread, we are NOT haters. We see the great IDEA that RG has put in motion and agree it will be great all the way around. In the end, even if we aren’t ticket holders, hopefully it forces our toy manufactures ( Polaris, CanAm, etc ) to step up their game and make a better product. We like the way this is headed. Poking fun at RG for running his yapper about how superior his product is and then not finishing races, breaking parts in front of crowds while your competitors finish without breaking, etc doesn’t make us haters. We point out the obvious. Someone pointed out that it reminded them of the Tesla truck showing. That is really how these last few years have gone. Now, as the adults WE are, our cars have been bashed multiple times by RG and the die hard ticket holders on this site, and yet we agree our cars have short comings and we would like to see the manufactures address them. Some of the bashing has been blown way out of proportion ie the CanAm front end will snap off if not careful unloading from the flatbed and all RZR’s can do is roast marshmallows! Us owners laugh it off as ADULTS should do. Heaven forbid we point out a bolt welded into a gap, doors that don’t open or close correctly, trailing arm tabs breaking off, etc to have the ticket holders attack like a school kid! Then the first race day comes. The race build of all race builds shows up ( mind you this is the car I want to buy ) and loses an oil line toasting the motor not far from the start line. That is comical. All the while those manufactures you bashed are all finishing. Some not just finishing but only a couple minutes off the TT’s and Class 1’s! Again, not hating……oh just read my sig for the rest.
Well said and I agree that the Speed UTV could be good for the industry. 
But I have been wondering as us old guys do at times after a beer or two.   Did the oil line actually come off to cause the motor issue?  Or was it a motor issue to start with and then let’s give the oil line a hard tug?

Inquiring minds need to know the truth even if we can’t handle it. 

Supposed to be the assembly in action.

I think the "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see" may apply here. 

Good news if true.

FB_IMG_1665469416465.jpg

Back