Speed UTV

If EPA / CARB has been finalized, then that's great news. Things can start moving forward for them and their buyers.

:thumb:

I'd love to see these all over Glamis this season.

EPA Cert has been received so they are 49 state legal to sell cars, still waiting on CARB for CA customers. Customers will start receiving their cars in 5-8 weeks. Thought he said something about 200 units have been built early in the presentation.
My bet is closer to 8 weeks.  Good thing a lot of CA customers have places in Parker and Lake Havasu.

a certain member appears to be correct that there was issues with CARB.  

EPA Cert has been received so they are 49 state legal to sell cars, still waiting on CARB for CA customers. Customers will start receiving their cars in 5-8 weeks. Thought he said something about 200 units have been built early in the presentation.
I believe that was 200 oil separators he was talking about,  not cars 

Sounds like he halted production until he got that EPA cert. So there are no rows of cars ready to be shipped.

He was pretty straight up and humble this time. Although I signed off about 15 minutes after he announced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only issue with CARB is they won't move until EPA signs off. All the CARB testing is done, now it's just a matter of Carb hitting enter on their computer. 
Doesn't sound that simple. Robby commented on a question if California buyers will get skipped, he said they will have options. I took that as he expects CARB to take some time and he's rolling out EPA cars

Only issue with CARB is they won't move until EPA signs off. All the CARB testing is done, now it's just a matter of Carb hitting enter on their computer. 
I have a feeling there is more going on with CARB then waiting on the final stamp.   

Last edited by a moderator:
ARB in CA right now is in transition to getting rid of Red and Green sticker program all together. Last models that fit in either category were 2021 models, all 2022 models are given just Green now...however certain models are no longer sold in CA at all (what was Red Sticker before 2022).

So back when Speed UTV started this whole thing, this all has changed.

I wonder if some emissions equipment or a detune will get ARB completed...

I'm sure it will get figured out, just a delay.

IMHO you don't want a not properly OHV registered UTV in CA. If you only race, all a non issue.

Glamis was not an issue before for red Sticker but other riding areas were and its all changing anyways in 2025.

Being SOLD here is more the issue then being used here.

Just more time needed, be patient CA buyers.

ARB in CA right now is in transition to getting rid of Red and Green sticker program all together. Last models that fit in either category were 2021 models, all 2022 models are given just Green now...however certain models are no longer sold in CA at all (what was Red Sticker before 2022).

So back when Speed UTV started this whole thing, this all has changed.

I wonder if some emissions equipment or a detune will get ARB completed...

I'm sure it will get figured out, just a delay.

IMHO you don't want a not properly OHV registered UTV in CA. If you only race, all a non issue.

Glamis was not an issue before for red Sticker but other riding areas were and its all changing anyways in 2025.

Being SOLD here is more the issue then being used here.

Just more time needed, be patient CA buyers.
Yamaha no longer sells the YFZ450 quad in CA.  Only sport quad you can get is the Raptor as that somehow got a green sticker.

Last year I got my kid a Yamaha 250 dirt bike.  No registration only a bill of sale or whatever they call it.  Not a big deal as he mainly rides it at the track.   

The motorcycle manufacturers had years notice to get their s---- together to meet CARB requirements.  

Really dumb for CA to get rid of the red sticker program as it is a source of revenue.  Now that can not steal as much money from the OHV funds.   

After going through the issue, TSBs and recall  for the oil line blowing off of the Wildcat Trails at introduction due to smooth fittings, I can't believe they didn't see this coming.

Something tells me they won't have much of a problem with carb seeing as he got green certification from the EPA. he claims it's the first "Green" certified UTV.

Get it right it's COMMIEformia

I can't even get a new fuel pump for my ONAN generator shipped here now....... Fn CARB and Prop 65 warning approvals won't allow it.

Back