Speed UTV

I hope they live up to the hype also. Even if they do have issues, I think it will push the other manufactures to step it up. A lot of the build is, IMO, superior to the others. Now that they have a mega manufacturing plant in Mexico, they should be able to start pumping out cars. Without a big manufacturing plant, I don’t think any of the other manufactures would have cared since they could produce to the masses. Time will tell.

No more free money from the Government
People are not as eager to spend money right now and I would guess some could not get the financing they would of qualified for last year.   Interest rate have to be close to 10% even with a great credit score.   

I hope they live up to the hype also. Even if they do have issues, I think it will push the other manufactures to step it up. A lot of the build is, IMO, superior to the others. Now that they have a mega manufacturing plant in Mexico, they should be able to start pumping out cars. Without a big manufacturing plant, I don’t think any of the other manufactures would have cared since they could produce to the masses. Time will tell.
I was told the plant in Mexico is just an assembly plant.   If that is correct all the manufacturing of parts will still be in China and Asia.   

All I know is that I'm curious if SPEED lives up to it's 'future' reputation. I've spent the better 1/2 of a couple years to get The Black One and The Orange One upgraded and flaws 'repaired' and I'm still not done. I'll be 50k in each to get them right and the only have like 35 hours (Orange) and 104 hours (Black). I could list all the add-ons and 'issues.' 

Bottom line mine are/were NOT 'turn-key' and I think that's the promise of SPEED.

If it delivers on true 'turn-key' then I'll be impressed and not care about the LT. Polaris needs someone to 'smoke them' IMO as far as quality and 'out of the box' delivery for what you've ordered, etc.

I have a buddy who's in-line. I'll check in with him today and update you on his #, model and current 'feelings.'

abc
Most UTVs are turnkey for the average user.   It is us dune crowd that needs more and some of the desert crowd.   I know lots of people that add harnesses and that is the only thing they change from stock.   The other stuff they add are accessories.    

Most UTVs are turnkey for the average user.   It is us dune crowd that needs more and some of the desert crowd.   I know lots of people that add harnesses and that is the only thing they change from stock.   The other stuff they add are accessories.    
Wife's early model 2017 (bought 11/16/2016) is 100% stock except wheels/paddles/intercom/harnesses.  Does fine in the dunes.  Won't knock your socks off, but has been gas and go with the exception of 1 belt failure.

EXACTLY,  Wildcat XX harness and mirrors. Good to go, yet it was the speed utv prototype so what do ya expect?
No cage, lights, roof, wheels, tires, a-arms, seats, speakers, comms.... NONE of that is needed, those are WANTS that I don't need or want, ha ha!

That's awesome man, but why would folks be dropping off the list at this point....aside from they didnt get funding is my only guess.

Excited for you guys to get this car...should be next level.
Life changes for people. 

Cool to hear he’ll be racing the Diablos at the Baja 1000 this year. Can’t wait to see how well they perform against the competition. Have a feeling from what he said that their planning on building more Jefes than previously planned. And still have at least 500 Diablos ready before the Baja in November. Does that sound about right? I was working and watching the videos so not sure I heard that right. 

Wife's early model 2017 (bought 11/16/2016) is 100% stock except wheels/paddles/intercom/harnesses.  Does fine in the dunes.  Won't knock your socks off, but has been gas and go with the exception of 1 belt failure.
'wife's ride'.....

... explains it ALL.. you can't run a 'stock factory Polaris = crap/garbage' and expect it to stay 'together' in my experiences... yes, they will 'daily drive' just fine... they CANNOT rally.

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
'wife's ride'.....

... explains it ALL.. you can't run a 'stock factory Polaris = crap/garbage' and expect it to stay 'together' in my experiences... yes, they will 'daily drive' just fine... they CANNOT rally.

abc
LOL. Never a dull moment with ABC.  Please don't assume good sir. :biggrin:

First, it's not a Polaris.

Second, wife's first dune trip was in 81 when she was 4 months old, 4th generation duner.  Among that family of duners she grew up with was this crazy feller:

original_GY5L4241.jpg

Third, it's obvious you've never met my wife.  Her first ride in the X3, she jumped it 40' and de-beaded a tire, not even broken in yet.  It's been rolled twice. I can't keep tires on any vehicle she drives.  Every time we stop at the hill, she's doing at least 2 WOT runs through the whoops and up while everyone else is getting out.

Fourth, that X3 hasn't had an easy life when not being hooned by her. It's the dedicated tow rig any time one of the buggies breaks down.  We've thrown 3 complete noobs in it and went on no mercy full speed runs (just do what the guy in front of you does).  I hoon the bajeezus out of it when my chit breaks, as does her dad.  It's fine.  

Fifth, she can read dunes and doesn't stuff it into witch's eyes, smash transitions for no reason, etc.  She grew up duning in a no-travel Corvair buggy or ATCs.  Stupid hurts in those things.

So, kindly keep my wife's name out your mouth, and if you see a Can Am X3 with Hello Kitty on the doors in the dunes, come by and say hi.  We'll take you for a bit of a run. :biggrin:

LOL. Never a dull moment with ABC.  Please don't assume good sir. :biggrin:

First, it's not a Polaris.

Second, wife's first dune trip was in 81 when she was 4 months old, 4th generation duner.  Among that family of duners she grew up with was this crazy feller:

Third, it's obvious you've never met my wife.  Her first ride in the X3, she jumped it 40' and de-beaded a tire, not even broken in yet.  It's been rolled twice. I can't keep tires on any vehicle she drives.  Every time we stop at the hill, she's doing at least 2 WOT runs through the whoops and up while everyone else is getting out.

Fourth, that X3 hasn't had an easy life when not being hooned by her. It's the dedicated tow rig any time one of the buggies breaks down.  We've thrown 3 complete noobs in it and went on no mercy full speed runs (just do what the guy in front of you does).  I hoon the bajeezus out of it when my chit breaks, as does her dad.  It's fine.  

Fifth, she can read dunes and doesn't stuff it into witch's eyes, smash transitions for no reason, etc.  She grew up duning in a no-travel Corvair buggy or ATCs.  Stupid hurts in those things.

So, kindly keep my wife's name out your mouth, and if you see a Can Am X3 with Hello Kitty on the doors in the dunes, come by and say hi.  We'll take you for a bit of a run. :biggrin:
I respect you a lot more now. But only because your wife.

Back