Speed UTV

They repeatedly launch that car ever since they got it. It’s not like this is his first big air with a f Ed up landing. It’s just the first time it broke. There are a lot of videos of people completely launching the chit out of rzr’s that haven’t broke. Yet, no launch videos of the speed utv. So no comparisons to give yet.

They repeatedly launch that car ever since they got it. It’s not like this is his first big air with a f Ed up landing. It’s just the first time it broke. There are a lot of videos of people completely launching the chit out of rzr’s that haven’t broke. Yet, no launch videos of the speed utv. So no comparisons to give yet.
Robby did send the prototype at that Jump Fest thing last year (or 2 years ago).

I thought the trailer flipping was also self inflicted. I thought they forgot to lock the gooseneck on the ball. Did the ball break off? 
I am not sure.  I can not imagine that trailer going very far with the gooseneck not locked.   Then again I had a friend pull his toyhauler from Dunes Edge storage to Gecko and he did not have the pin in his hitch.  How that trailer hitch did not slide out is a miracle.  LOL!

I had a friend pull his toyhauler from Dunes Edge storage to Gecko and he did not have the pin in his hitch.  How that trailer hitch did not slide out is a miracle.  LOL!
I've done that before. Luckily the tongue load keeps it wedged in. Hopefully long enough that you notice you almost lost your trailer  :classic_cool:  The wife doesn't have to know about that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robby did send the prototype at that Jump Fest thing last year (or 2 years ago).
Ya it was there but never went big. Not to mention, the one he was at was probably the most mellow jump out of all of them. Not saying it won’t do good, just nothing to compare to yet.

9 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

You can clearly see that the airtime is short, doesn’t go near as far or high as others, etc. As usual, you don’t compare apples to apples. As for your sig, go ahead and tell us how long ago you quoted me on that. Now tell me how many have made it to the sales floor. Still cracks me up that you don’t get that!!

Landing on a long gradual slope such as jumping down OLDS, it’s way easier on a machine than a steeper landing with bad angle. Everyone knows that.

Yet, no launch videos of the speed utv. So no comparisons to give yet.
Who’s making a comparison?? Just an observation is all. I can understand the ball joints being the weak link in that front suspension and failing. I am impressed that the Clevis didn’t break.  What I am surprised at is what @NIKAL already pointed out. How the heck did that left rear side break so bad when it didn’t even land on that side?? 🤔 I believe that was all new stuff put on after the freeway rollover. His explanation makes sense. 

Here is a quick video. This is my sons friend. He’s 18 years old, no racing experience, first trip with RZR, completely bone stock xp1000. This was like his third jump and did this all season long without breaking and a few jumps bigger than this one. This was at Gordon’s on test hill.

View attachment IMG_1063.MOV

Here is a quick video. This is my sons friend. He’s 18 years old, no racing experience, first trip with RZR, completely bone stock xp1000. This was like his third jump and did this all season long without breaking and a few jumps bigger than this one. This was at Gordon’s on test hill.

View attachment 34407
I can't see it or download it. Do you have it in a format that we can see?

I agree. The guy driving said this car makes you feel like you can do things you should not be doing. 

I have a feeling we will see more of this as more Pro R’s get out there. I also think will will see more people going way over their head in the Speed car too. I think the drivability of the Speed car is going to allow people to drive faster then they think they are and should be. 
I agree when I posted that link to there video last night It was not to say the speed won't break. But I would say the speed has a better design and suspension geometry then the Pro R. I would hope lighter also but if so it won't be by much.

Supposedly tonight Jason/Shock therapy is going to talk about their baja 500 disaster they are just about keeping up with SXS guys. Will wait to here what they said but sounds like once again they are lucky to be alright.

Landing at such an angle will not be an issue for the Speed UTV, here is Robby on 2 wheels to prove his design is superb.  ----> :lol:

...just add landing in soft sand.

I get the feeling with Pro R's and Speed UTV, some new to the sport folks are going to wad their shit up pretty bad.

People will really think they can "Drive like Robby Gordon" in these machines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back