Speed UTV

So, couple of months ago, Can Ams and RZRs were fat pigs and this made the Speed UTV mo bettah. How we gonna spin this? :biggrin:
I don't spin things. I admit they're a little heavier than expected, but the extra weight is in the chassis and suspension, where it counts. I didn't call Canam and regular Rzrs fat pigs, they're too fast for their weak suspensions and break easily. The Pro R is overweight, due to a series of bad decisions, not from extra chassis triangulation.

I don't spin things. I admit they're a little heavier than expected, but the extra weight is in the chassis and suspension, where it counts. I didn't call Canam and regular Rzrs fat pigs, they're too fast for their weak suspensions and break easily. The Pro R is overweight, due to a series of bad decisions, not from extra chassis triangulation.
I agree I’d rather have the Strength and  get more bang for my buck

So, couple of months ago, Can Ams and RZRs were fat pigs and this made the Speed UTV mo bettah. How we gonna spin this? :biggrin:
That hp to weight argument is out the window, just not the doughnuts and twinkies.  This pigs have to eat🤣🤣🤣🤣

So Polaris beefs up the Pro R frame and suspension and that is bad. Speed is good because they make a beefy frame and suspension.  Makes sense 🤣🤣🤣.

I’m thinking the Pro R weight is MOSTLY in the engine and trans rather than in the suspension and frame. Sure it’s bigger but what’s the wall thicknesses?

Also, I think the torque on the Speed cars will make a difference. And if people still aren’t happy guess they could always throw in that 1265 engine. Believe that is 300hp on pump gas and well  over that on ethanol.  

Anyways things are looking pretty good for Speed customers and it’ll be nice to see Polaris duke it out with Speed and the competition, sooner rather than later. 

So Polaris beefs up the Pro R frame and suspension and that is bad. Speed is good because they make a beefy frame and suspension.  Makes sense 🤣🤣🤣.
I would try to explain it to you, but I damn near ran out of patience when I spent 3 weeks explaining double shear to you. Over and over and over, picture after picture after picture.

I'm just going to leave you to wallow in your ignorance. Someone else can tackle this one.

:biggrin:

Yup. Looks strong enough to some people.

26 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

I would try to explain it to you, but I damn near ran out of patience when I spent 3 weeks explaining double shear to you. Over and over and over, picture after picture after picture.

I'm just going to leave you to wallow in your ignorance. Someone else can tackle this one.

Is that picture yore screen saver? 

Show me the factory X3 or Rzr with 300 hp.

:lmao:
Show me the factory UTV with 300hp and a warranty. :biggrin:

Also, curious on how what the power band will look like on these. Probably gonna be some decent revs and clutching to get  there. 300hp on 1L means a large turbo for the displacement. Anyone seen dyno charts?

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

Uh, that was a literal car crash… Wouldn’t exactly call that normal use. 

Also, curious on how what the power band will look like on these. Probably gonna be some decent revs and clutching to get  there. 300hp on 1L means a large turbo for the displacement. Anyone seen dyno charts?

Uh, that was a literal car crash… Wouldn’t exactly call that normal use. 
Go back a few pages, someone posted the actual dyno chart. It was probably TL/DR, that's why you missed the single pic. The torque band was surprisingly high and flat.

Yes, that was a wreck. Even a Rhino is strong enough if you don't wreck it. That's when you find out just how strong something really is, when it gets wrecked. Take that much mass, accelerate it to XX velocity and see how it holds up. As I've been saying, these things are getting too fast with not enough strength to handle a G-out, or witches eye or a collision. The Pro R has plenty of mass, plenty of power...

just not quite enough strength.

Me and a couple guys posted it on page 131. Believe it redlines at 8,500 rpm with plenty more in reserve. 

Go back a few pages, someone posted the actual dyno chart. It was probably TL/DR, that's why you missed the single pic. The torque band was surprisingly high and flat.

Yes, that was a wreck. Even a Rhino is strong enough if you don't wreck it. That's when you find out just how strong something really is, when it gets wrecked. Take that much mass, accelerate it to XX velocity and see how it holds up. As I've been saying, these things are getting too fast with not enough strength to handle a G-out, or witches eye or a collision. The Pro R has plenty of mass, plenty of power...

just not quite enough strength.
Wreck as in collision with another vehicle…

Me and a couple guys posted it on page 131. Believe it redlines at 8,500 rpm with plenty more in reserve. 
Impressive. Looks like lots of revs, still curious what torque is like below 6000rpm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Word. Lots of revs, but whats torque like below 6000rpm? 
Its gonna have a power band like a two stroke dirt bike with that turbo ... but its on e85 and will help keep the IATs down so they can bring the timing in faster.  My guess is that it will feel impressive. (when we see one - still waiting for that first report from a real end user..)

I would hope the CVT will keep it in the powerband, it shoiuld feel pretty good once you get going. CVTs are pretty amazing in that way albeit it should ends with overheated and broken belts  ... but thats expected - routine maintenance

Its gonna have a power band like a two stroke dirt bike with that turbo ... but its on e85 and will help keep the IATs down so they can bring the timing in faster.  My guess is that it will feel impressive. (when we see one - still waiting for that first report from a real end user..)

I would hope the CVT will keep it in the powerband, it shoiuld feel pretty good once you get going. CVTs are pretty amazing in that way albeit it should ends with overheated and broken belts  ... but thats expected - routine maintenance
Yep. 300hp in a 2400-ish lb car is gonna be strong.  Question for end users will be whether or not it’s responsive. I’ve driven small engines making 300hp/L. Hopefully James can work some anti-lag magic into the tune. :biggrin:

Still… always can use more. :biggrin:

Yep. 300hp in a 2400-ish lb car is gonna be strong. 

Still… always can use more. :biggrin:
My 2 seat sand car weighs 1960 dry (soon to be 2050)  and it is chromo, well triangulated, has a 840 RWHP Blown LS, and S4 trans, 934's etc...  Getting a HP fix this summer  looking for 1,000 RWHP  I am sure it still won't be fast enough, but it feels safe...  300HP in a UTV, is gonna be a hand ful, especially for a NEWBIE

3 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

Yes please post a picture of a UTV that was in a head on collision at high speed to show us what?  That a car got messed up.   lol! You say I am ignorant.  At least I was smart enough not to buy a Wildcat.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

The stock Speed is 225ish hp on 91 octane.   Can Am on 91 from the factory is 200hp.   Speed is 300 with the key that unlocks the tune for E85.   Plenty of Can Am X3s with big hp on E85 running around.   

By the way It would not take much for Can Am to make a stock 300hp car.  They already have a 300hp Sea Doo and that is on pump gas, not E85.  Also consider that the current X3 motor is only 899cc they have room to grow.  

Impressive. Looks like lots of revs, still curious what torque is like below 6000rpm.
All the UTVs make peak hp and torque in the high RPM ranges.  In the 6,000rpm range you are not moving very fast.  I would say most us are riding around in the 7200-7900rpm range in the dunes with occasional spikes above 8000 rpm depending on the UTV motor.  

Back