Speed UTV

Tom Morris - shock tuner that taught Robby a thing or twio

Sara Price - off-road racer 

Bill Savage - might know a few things. Hall of Fame 

I'm thinking of buying a transformer and bumping the voltage up from 240 to 480v. What do you guys think?

:lol:

Are we talking 240v single phase to 480v 3 phase? Or are we talking about 240v 3 phase to 480v 3 phase? You know, like Y- Delta starters?!
You’re about to corrected…. It wye-delta. And a Siemens soft start is a much better choice. 

You’re about to corrected…. It wye-delta. And a Siemens soft start is a much better choice. 
Lol! Technically it’s Y or WYE! Kind of like grey or gray. I prefer ABB and Danfoss VFD’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would certainly like to see a 2 seater production Diablo but I’m wondering if maybe he’s about ready to show one of the two seater race models they are building by hand.

I would certainly like to see a 2 seater production Diablo but I’m wondering if maybe he’s about ready to show one of the two seater race models they are building by hand.
I too would like to see a Diablo. If I was to purchase one that would be the model.

Tommy Morris was a successful racer himself. When racing his own truck he brought Scoop Vessles and Bob Gordon to Cal Wells when they raced the class 8 truck. Cal started PPI and hired Tommy to direct it. Tommy helped develop the famous Ivan Stewart TT and Mickey Thompson trucks. He later moved over to the Indy program with Cal Wells. During the Toyota TT and Stadium racing Robby tested the desert truck and raced the stadium trucks. Tommy also work with both BFG and Yokohama to develop race tires. I got to meet Tommy during the Yokohama days, but did not really know who he was back then. 
And most importantly, Tom Morris built me (and a lot of others) a killer shock setup for my Can Am  :classic_biggrin:   He's a great guy and extremely knowledgeable.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! 

I thought this might be harder. 

Left to Right. 
Bill Savage who has done a ton in off road Motorsports. Has designed allot of race vehicles, and helped NASA design space and Mars rovers. But most of us know him from writing the majority of the rules in off road racing we use today, and was the Score Tech director for many, many years. He was a PITA to me! Lol. His connection to the Speed UTV is he inspected prototype chassis to make sure it could be race legal with minor modifications. Many of the corner gussets were Savages suggestions., which Robby implemented. 

Sara Price is a race car driver who currently is the most successful female driver in off road. She has raced for RPM, and several other teams in the past several years. She is a factory Polaris driver, and is currently racing in the Extreme live electric off road series for Chip Ganassi. She also does stunt driving in the movie industry along with Ryse Millen. Sara has driven in the SST series and Robby helped bring sponsorship in as he felt it was good for the series to have Sara race in it. 

Tommy Morris was a successful racer himself. When racing his own truck he brought Scoop Vessles and Bob Gordon to Cal Wells when they raced the class 8 truck. Cal started PPI and hired Tommy to direct it. Tommy helped develop the famous Ivan Stewart TT and Mickey Thompson trucks. He later moved over to the Indy program with Cal Wells. During the Toyota TT and Stadium racing Robby tested the desert truck and raced the stadium trucks. Tommy also work with both BFG and Yokohama to develop race tires. I got to meet Tommy during the Yokohama days, but did not really know who he was back then. 
I remember bill savage when he had T-mag welding in costa mesa, 

not that it matters, just helping out get to 200

The sad thing is, the off road industry is losing some Amazing people and there is little written history of the people or their contributions to the sport. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! 

I thought this might be harder. 

Left to Right. 
Bill Savage who has done a ton in off road Motorsports. Has designed allot of race vehicles, and helped NASA design space and Mars rovers. But most of us know him from writing the majority of the rules in off road racing we use today, and was the Score Tech director for many, many years. He was a PITA to me! Lol. His connection to the Speed UTV is he inspected prototype chassis to make sure it could be race legal with minor modifications. Many of the corner gussets were Savages suggestions., which Robby implemented. 

Sara Price is a race car driver who currently is the most successful female driver in off road. She has raced for RPM, and several other teams in the past several years. She is a factory Polaris driver, and is currently racing in the Extreme live electric off road series for Chip Ganassi. She also does stunt driving in the movie industry along with Ryse Millen. Sara has driven in the SST series and Robby helped bring sponsorship in as he felt it was good for the series to have Sara race in it. 

Tom is the clean cut guy.  He is who I use to rune my shocks.  Lol!   

Tom Morris is the real deal. Zero bragging, bluster and bullshit.
Yep.   Super cool guy.  He makes sure you are super happy with his shock set up.  Fun conversation on what to do with my rear shocks and what he did to make them better for the dunes.  He sets the shocks up for your driving style and needs.  

Hopefully for you Speed owners he will mess around with the shocks.  

Back