Speed UTV

LORDY you are setting yourself up for some heavy backlash if this Speed doesn’t come out the way you say it’s going to. We all like the best, the Speed looks very impressive, but your Speed way or the highway is ridiculous. 
And we believe you are setting yourself up for some heavy backlash if Speed is a success!  :classic_laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me rephrase, in my opinion there are not as advanced as the Masons and the Jimcos. Yes they are making huge strides at development. They are the new kid on the block and really focused on the arrive and drive program from what I can tell.

I'll restate, I think their business model is really cool. 

I guess if I was in the market for a TT it would be a Mason or Herbst but I have a soft spot for ID. If a 6100 it would have to be a Herbst.

However I am not.

If I were to get back into racing I would be hitting up Brenthel and renting a 6100 for the 500. Even if it has the clevises on the rear end.  :classic_biggrin:
So what about Herbst and ID is so much more advanced and "newer" than Brenthel?

I would LOVE to hear this.

Mason has portals, that's neat for sure. Carbon composites? Yup. Aluminum trailing arms? Yup. Aluminum uprights? Yup. No doubt Mason is one of the leaders.

Let me rephrase, in my opinion there are not as advanced as the Masons and the Jimcos. Yes they are making huge strides at development. They are the new kid on the block and really focused on the arrive and drive program from what I can tell.

I'll restate, I think their business model is really cool. 

I guess if I was in the market for a TT it would be a Mason or Herbst but I have a soft spot for ID. If a 6100 it would have to be a Herbst.

However I am not.

If I were to get back into racing I would be hitting up Brenthel and renting a 6100 for the 500. Even if it has the clevises on the rear end.  :classic_biggrin:
In hands of a good driver the trucks compete.  The have some wins.   Kyle Jergensen seems to be doing pretty well in his Brenthal.  

Are the Brenthals running double shear mounts????????????? asking for a friend.
Is that not obvious from the photo?

Both Brenthel and ProR have the shock bolt in double sheer.

Brenthel is using a clevis to get the shock monoball below centerline of the lower link.

This is NOT the reason Polaris is using a clevis. They aren't doing it to reduce torsional loading of the lower arm like others have eluded to. That is a bullshit excuse.

Damn, what did I miss? Feels like I logged into the internets version of a WWF ROYAL RUMBLE!!! 😅
200.gif

But is a canam x3 upper shock mount in double sheer if its mounted to plastic?  :classic_ninja:
Is it just plastic like a spork from grade school or good stuff - UHMW? LOL!

LOL.  Here we go again...

View attachment 25418

You are aware that for fastener loading, the clevis is just a backwards version of this:

There is literally zero difference as far as shear load on the fastener.  
You might be correct. I thought there was a gap between the 2 clevis mounting points. If the area of the wishbone arm is solid between the 2 points of the clevis, then you're correct.

I haven't seen any closeup pics yet that shows whether there's a gap there, which would determine whether it's single or double. If it's got 2 bolts, then it's 2 single shear mounts, if it's a single bolt with no gaps in between, then it's double shear.

You might be correct. I thought there was a gap between the 2 clevis mounting points. If the area of the wishbone arm is solid between the 2 points of the clevis, then you're correct.

I haven't seen any closeup pics yet that shows whether there's a gap there, which would determine whether it's single or double. If it's got 2 bolts, then it's 2 single shear mounts, if it's a single bolt with no gaps in between, then it's double shear.
It's a single bolt. How is that not obvious?!

Yep, but you're not Polaris' chief suspension engineer.  Who knows, maybe they ended up with a bunch of wheelhop and it was eating bushings.  We'll never really know, and there are definitely problems that need to be addressed with this type of mount to make sure it lasts.  We'll see if Polaris did their homework.
Polaris??

Do their homework??

:lmao:

Is that why whenever people see smoke in the dunes, EVERYONE says, "Must be another Rzr!"?

Stop sell/stop ride on every single model tells me they're not big on homework or testing. How did the Pro R get the battery cable rubbing on the driveshaft? Great design? Plenty of testing? Pride of workmanship on the assembly floor? Plenty of QA inspections?

I vote "none of the above."

Let me guess...   that's not a design flaw, it was an added feature.    :biggrin:

Back