Speed UTV

I want to believe it’s real close now but not gonna gets my hopes up. I Remember this  same announcement happened about a year ago. 

View attachment 27388
That was last year? Wow

I do think Robby will get 30 ish cars out to buyers in Q2  this year and those cars will be resold for over 75K...

Since it's likely the production line will stall for a couple months after (retooling and refining SOP).  We might even see 001 car go for 100K+ at Barrett Jackson

If he pulls this off and really builds a high volume production car (UTV/SXS/Golf Cart - whatever you call it) - it will be a huge feat ...  Carroll Shelby built ~ 1000 Cobras and He is a legend if only for that (and way more of course)  If Robbie builds the 100,000's he wants to build its truly historic ... and worth 200 pages 😜

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I remember when being one of the first to drop a deposit meant getting a car by December. Can’t believe that was over 2 years ago. 

Maybe Buff is helping Speed get the production up and running. 

Welcome back!   You must be getting excited to get your Speed UTV for the summer dune trips.  
I'm cautiously optimistic. After 10 yrs of getting jerked around in the Navy about when I was supposed to come home after a "6 month" deployment vs when I actually got home, these delays are nothing new to me. It gets here when it gets here. Whining doesn't make it arrive any faster (contrary to all of the posters on FB who seem to think so), neither does getting all excited.

The one nice thing is - every week it seemed he found something new to improve or add at no extra charge. They changed a bunch of oil hose nipples to -AN fittings, added the hot water in/out ports for the heater, improved the dry sump tank and a thousand other little details that are improved over the original design. 

That's a nice change from the usual "we raised the price and took out a bunch of features" we normally get from mfrs.

I'm cautiously optimistic. After 10 yrs of getting jerked around in the Navy about when I was supposed to come home after a "6 month" deployment vs when I actually got home, these delays are nothing new to me. It gets here when it gets here. Whining doesn't make it arrive any faster (contrary to all of the posters on FB who seem to think so), neither does getting all excited.

The one nice thing is - every week it seemed he found something new to improve or add at no extra charge. They changed a bunch of oil hose nipples to -AN fittings, added the hot water in/out ports for the heater, improved the dry sump tank and a thousand other little details that are improved over the original design. 

That's a nice change from the usual "we raised the price and took out a bunch of features" we normally get from mfrs.
They have made lots of improvements. 

They have made lots of improvements. 
Which is great news.  And for those with early deposits will save a ton cause I cant see Speed not raising prices even more once production starts.  Even when it hits customers and performs well, he may jack up prices even more.   I do like how Speed is taking their time to do it right cause he has so much to lose if it does not live up to his hype.  

Finding out stuff that dont work quite right and fixing is IMO what Speed has going for it.  Look at the history of RZR, hurry and release it to the masses with possibly known issues and sell a ton only to have stop sales, stop riding and recalls. 

Go Speed Go!

Which is great news.  And for those with early deposits will save a ton cause I cant see Speed not raising prices even more once production starts.  Even when it hits customers and performs well, he may jack up prices even more.   I do like how Speed is taking their time to do it right cause he has so much to lose if it does not live up to his hype.  

Finding out stuff that dont work quite right and fixing is IMO what Speed has going for it.  Look at the history of RZR, hurry and release it to the masses with possibly known issues and sell a ton only to have stop sales, stop riding and recalls. 

Go Speed Go!
Polaris does not hurry and release.  Nor does Can Am, Honda, Yamaha or Kawi.   The cars they release take several years from concept to development.  The problem is Polaris will cheap out on things to maximize profit over longevity of the vehicle when it comes to fixes before the car is released.   

Speed at this point is not going the easy cheap route on the fixes and honestly they can not afford to go the easy route.  There is a lot of hype on the Speed car and as a smaller player in a saturated market they have to have an excellent product from the get go. 

If Speed is able to get through production of the cars with deposits the pricing is for sure going to be going up.      

SPEED is doing what DRAKART, Red Lne "REVOLT", and Ridge Runner NEVER DID, market - hype - produce

Bunch of other motorcycle engine rails / SxSs never went full production tilt like SPEED. It is taking a lot $ time and persistence to not quit on this venture. RG surely has a revenge vendetta on the manufactures who have burned him.

Drakart and Red Line probably have/had the closest to an actual production car.
Drakart is at least still in business and building NEW cars.

My wife keeps twisting the screw that I "wasn't allowed" to put a deposit down back in 2020... we couldn't afford it when we thought these would be delivered in just a few months. Now I'm still kicking my own a$$ for not doing it seeing the possible finish product 2023 and knowing I could be "that guy" who flips it for profit in covid - recession $$$$

... or the economy could seriously go off the cliff before deliveries even begin, and...

He got a job at CanAm.

As a crash test dummy. Perfect fit!
Too many pages.. I updated y'all on Buff's current status.. he doesn't look that well...

abc

peruvian-mummified-male.jpg

Do we get a show this week?  Is he going to show people cars on the production line?

If they're using parallel assembly lines they could be building these at the advertised rates. In the beginning, RG stated they will produce 40 per day. His most recent videos, he's been saying 50 per day. If they're running 3 shifts at the factory, that's only about 2 per hour. If they're running 4 parallel lines, that's only 1 car for every 2 hours per line.

But let's assume you're correct and they don't figure out the best/fastest method. There's 16 months between now and Dec.31 2022, so they only have to produce 3.125 units per day, 20 days/month for the next 16 months to produce 1,000 units by then.

Even if they only hit 1/8th of their production goal, that's 5 units/day, 100 units/month, 1600 units by the end of 2022. Not that I foresee that slow production rate, but that is 60% more than 1,000 units.
So, only need to make 6 units/day if they start today... :biggrin:

Back