Speed UTV

I have been wondering for some time why Robby designed such a nice UTV but it still uses a rubber band?
I just found my answer at the website above; Speed UTV belts are expensive. 
Just like razor blades, millions will be made on belts. 

In my '14 before I aired up to 18psi, I changed at LEAST 25 belts...

2-3 in a single trip...

Ugh.

abc

They’re covering their bases they even offer a tow strap for the other manufacturers. 

98945258-D439-48FC-A4BF-A38612E5820E.png

Pretty simple. For the regular guy, changing a belt is better and cheaper than changing or rebuilding a sequential trans.

My prerunner with a 2D was awesome. Was like clockwork, $6000 repair once a year..

Sequential would be even more.
My sand car with a sequential had a good 6 seasons on it before the last rebuild that cost me about $3,000 including a new R&P.  
That works out to be $500 a season for me, just a regular guy. 

2020 Can Am X3 Max XRS Turbo RR

Whalen Speed Tuner (232 Hp on 93) 

KWI Clutches W/ Float Mod 

32" SandCraft Extreme 12-Paddle

I go through (1) Belt Per Season. 

It has a lot to do with how you drive and your knowledge of or should I say “Feel” for the car along with maintenance. My 2014 xp41k tossed a belt at 1100 miles. Mostly dune miles with all seats occupied. I sold that SXS with 1300 miles. My 2018 xpt has just over 1000 miles with original belt. Both had stock clutches running Polaris belts. Can’t drive wooded for long periods of time. Hammer down on the straights and let out in the corners. Just letting out of the throttle for short periods of time will keep the belt temps down. Blow the clutches out after every trip. Break your belt in properly and they will last. If you are impatient, than break the belt in early in the morning. Swap the belt out and break in the next belt. That way if you do blow a belt duning, than your spare is already broke in and ready to haul ass. These have worked for me. 

It has a lot to do with how you drive and your knowledge of or should I say “Feel” for the car along with maintenance. My 2014 xp41k tossed a belt at 1100 miles. Mostly dune miles with all seats occupied. I sold that SXS with 1300 miles. My 2018 xpt has just over 1000 miles with original belt. Both had stock clutches running Polaris belts. Can’t drive wooded for long periods of time. Hammer down on the straights and let out in the corners. Just letting out of the throttle for short periods of time will keep the belt temps down. Blow the clutches out after every trip. Break your belt in properly and they will last. If you are impatient, than break the belt in early in the morning. Swap the belt out and break in the next belt. That way if you do blow a belt duning, than your spare is already broke in and ready to haul ass. These have worked for me. 
Finally some good info in this thread again. 😁 I appreciate this information on belts since I am new to this whole thing. Is there a thread about this type of stuff already started? If not, that would be a cool topic. How do you break in a belt?

What exactly is happening when you "break in a belt"?  I have never understood this, thanks

What exactly is happening when you "break in a belt"?  I have never understood this, thanks
Yea more info on belts if you know your chit. Looking forward to not rebuilding 091 every 3 years or sooner if that is a reality. I guess we can also help the 200 mark that is so desired?/?

Yes I’ve heard of various methods like get the belt temp to 220* while driving it easy let it cool and your set. Others have said get it to 130* and then start mobbing it.

Think I may just wash it and drive it slowly like you said @NIKAL and keep the pn# facing the same direction with each change. Oh and blow out the clutches to keep things clean. 

Back