Speed UTV

Would be hard to do IMO, but I don’t know sh__ about SXS….….

…. it could be some tiny little component that maybe goes into the ECU .. doesn’t take much to ‘gum up the works’

Buddy of mine has the high end one on order… De Ablo… or whatever…

I just can’t wait to see how it performs vs. the Turbo S.

He has the speed key too, so he should be able to smoke me… and dude can drive.

Just sucks we’ll be waiting for comparison for a spell.

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
 It's not the 100 manufacturers that will ship direct to Robbie's final assembly location it's the 1,000 that ship to them and the 10,000 that ship to them.

250 cars I can see him getting out by end of year. Right now what ever he promised those cars for is going to be costing him money out of his pocket to complete.  The increased price of raw materials  has taken all of any profit and overhead he figured in when he set this in motion. 

Not sure how the contract reads with the people and the deposit but the second wave of cars will be the make it or break it run of cars...............

The closer that first 250 and the first of the year gets the lower the chance for the guy holding car #500 will be to ever getting anything but a bad taste in his mouth..  

It's not the 100 manufacturers that will ship direct to Robbie's final assembly location it's the 1,000 that ship to them and the 10,000 that ship to them.

250 cars I can see him getting out by end of year. Right now what ever he promised those cars for is going to be costing him money out of his pocket to complete.  The increased price of raw materials  has taken all of any profit and overhead he figured in when he set this in motion. 

Not sure how the contract reads with the people and the deposit but the second wave of cars will be the make it or break it run of cars...............

The closer that first 250 and the first of the year gets the lower the chance for the guy holding car #500 will be to ever getting anything but a bad taste in his mouth..  
Amazing how the die hard Speed fans will still hold out hope until there is none left. I think most race drivers can design a better car than what's out there with Polaris and Can Am. But they don't because you can't take a well designed car to scale. It don't pencil on paper! 

I'll bet you a couple of brewskies he'll have the first 250 off the assembly line by Dec. 31. Even if I lose, I don't mind. Right now, I think it's 50/50 he'll have them done by Dec. 31. I think he hopes to and intends to, but he has no control over suppliers. We'll see what happens.
I'll bet you a couple of brewskies he'll have the first 250 off the assembly line by Dec. 31. Even if I lose, I don't mind. Right now, I think it's 50/50 he'll have them done by Dec. 31. I think he hopes to and intends to, but he has no control over suppliers. We'll see what happens.

So let's say you have 400 units in stock and Cisco asks for 10,000. The same day you get an order from a small company for 400 units.

Is Cisco going to settle for 400 instead of 10,000? I doubt it.

Are you going to tell the small company no even though you do have the 400 units they asked for? I doubt it.

So Cisco asked for 10,000 and got none.

The small company asked for 400 and they received 400. It's just a question of whether there are a few in the supply chain, or if the mfr needs to crank up the assy line to make more bc the supply chain is completely empty.
I think it depends.   The may give Cisco the 400 to hold them over and make sure there bigger customer is happy or they may tell the smaller company sure we have 400 and raise the price significantly.

The problem for Speed is they will not be small orders.  They have 12,000 cars to build and inventory of parts to build.   

Can I get some action? I say he will have the 250 off- the line. Beers must be consumed in the desert or Baja 🙂
Your in!!!   Baja sounds like a better plan, but I am not sure I will make it this year.  I am really missing Baja. 

So let's say you have 400 units in stock and Cisco asks for 10,000. The same day you get an order from a small company for 400 units.

Is Cisco going to settle for 400 instead of 10,000? I doubt it.

Are you going to tell the small company no even though you do have the 400 units they asked for? I doubt it.

So Cisco asked for 10,000 and got none.

The small company asked for 400 and they received 400. It's just a question of whether there are a few in the supply chain, or if the mfr needs to crank up the assy line to make more bc the supply chain is completely empty.
All depends if the large supplier has those 400 on allocation (promised to them) and If the larger supplier can take early or partial deliveries.  depends on the relationship between those companies. If they are a high spending and key partner I can see them allocating supply for them. 

Do they send the golden ticket holders shirts, so at least they have something from Speed UTV besides dreams and presentations?  LOL!

Time to get this thread going for the week.  

speed.png

Do they send the golden ticket holders shirts, so at least they have something from Speed UTV besides dreams and presentations?  LOL!

Time to get this thread going for the week.  

View attachment 7977
Is there a Pre-Order list for those t-shirts?

I might wanna get in before the prices go up....willing to wait for these high quality tshirts if needed...I didnt donate my old tshirt to the Salvation Army just yet....

We've all seen the shirt  "My Parents (Robby) went (moved) to Florida (Mexico)  and all I got was this Lousy T-shirt"!

Disclaimer:  Ordered the shirt and hat Friday, right after they were offered for sale.
You might want to put the hat and shirt next to the Delorean memorabilia.  LOL!

I am happy I was able to get my Speed tool kit, which is really handy when wrenching on my X3 or my friend's Polaris.  LMAO!!!

Is there a Pre-Order list for those t-shirts?

I might wanna get in before the prices go up....willing to wait for these high quality tshirts if needed...I didnt donate my old tshirt to the Salvation Army just yet....
Should include game changer on the shirt..

You might want to put the hat and shirt next to the Delorean memorabilia.  LOL!

I am happy I was able to get my Speed tool kit, which is really handy when wrenching on my X3 or my friend's Polaris.  LMAO!!!
Bit of a thread hijack here although, seems Speed and Can-Am are synonymous... one can't be mentioned without the other! LOL

Speaking of wrenching on your X3... what the heck happened, what's the story?  If I recall correctly, you had discovered a few cracks in the trailing arms however, stated the frame was devoid of cracks.  GD.com crashes and burns, few weeks later, your X3 has earned the moniker "crack hoe" or "brat"... is totaled with the only explanation being you "came off a drop off''?  Good gawd, how big was the drop off?! 

We all know the X3 frame isn't the most robust out there however, even in a bone stock configuration, they hold up remarkably well and don't end up totaled from dropping off a ledge... unless of course it's a 500 footer.  That said, I could surmise your frame wasn't free of cracks, which depending on how hard you looked your frame over, could be cause for concern to other X3 pilots.  While I'm not an X3 owner, have several close friends who are... as Rockwood commented, sharing your experience/knowledge could prevent other owners from following your path, or more importantly, prevent someone from getting hurt.  The images of that X3 that's broke in half are painful to view... 100% speculation here, but I'd guess that thing had 1 or 2 cracks in it prior to the crash... at least I hope it did.      

Bit of a thread hijack here although, seems Speed and Can-Am are synonymous... one can't be mentioned without the other! LOL

Speaking of wrenching on your X3... what the heck happened, what's the story?  If I recall correctly, you had discovered a few cracks in the trailing arms however, stated the frame was devoid of cracks.  GD.com crashes and burns, few weeks later, your X3 has earned the moniker "crack hoe" or "brat"... is totaled with the only explanation being you "came off a drop off''?  Good gawd, how big was the drop off?! 

We all know the X3 frame isn't the most robust out there however, even in a bone stock configuration, they hold up remarkably well and don't end up totaled from dropping off a ledge... unless of course it's a 500 footer.  That said, I could surmise your frame wasn't free of cracks, which depending on how hard you looked your frame over, could be cause for concern to other X3 pilots.  While I'm not an X3 owner, have several close friends who are... as Rockwood commented, sharing your experience/knowledge could prevent other owners from following your path, or more importantly, prevent someone from getting hurt.  The images of that X3 that's broke in half are painful to view... 100% speculation here, but I'd guess that thing had 1 or 2 cracks in it prior to the crash... at least I hope it did.      
I never said devoid of cracks.  I had cracks develop by the rear swaybar mounts that were welded and fixed.   I came off a drop off on the trail hauling ass and smacked the ass end pretty hard on a rock.  Later down the trail when we stopped my friend notice my transmission was moving.  When we went to look we discovered the transmission mounts were completely cracked and the two cracks in the rear down tubes.  Best I can come up with is the transmission might of been bouncing around prior to the drop off and that hit was the final straw.  It was a weird spot for the frame to crack and certainly one I had not seen before.  Also add in 8000 miles of off-roading and perfect storm.

The earlier Can Am frames 2017 and 2018 were much weaker in areas.  In 2019 and 2020 the addressed some areas and added some cross bracing. 

This go around I know what needs to be in the rear section of the car and should have no issues.  I will put the braces on from ZRP which go from the trailing arm to the swaybar mounts. This prevents the cracking in that area and I will add the transmission brace from S3 Racing.   Amazingly the front end had no issues other than the front diff that decided to spit out the ring gear bolts.  

What I really need is a 72" wide Polaris Pro XP with the Can am motor and drive train and then I would have a pretty solid car.  LOL!

If the Geiser Can Am X3 frame was not so expensive and a lot of work (beyond my skill set) it would be a great option.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said devoid of cracks.  I had cracks develop by the rear swaybar mounts that were welded and fixed.   I came off a drop off on the trail hauling ass and smacked the ass end pretty hard on a rock.  Later down the trail when we stopped my friend notice my transmission was moving.  When we went to look we discovered the transmission mounts were completely cracked and the two cracks in the rear down tubes.  Best I can come up with is the transmission might of been bouncing around prior to the drop off and that hit was the final straw.  It was a weird spot for the frame to crack and certainly one I had not seen before.  Also add in 8000 miles of off-roading and perfect storm.

The earlier Can Am frames 2017 and 2018 were much weaker in areas.  In 2019 and 2020 the addressed some areas and added some cross bracing. 

This go around I know what needs to be in the rear section of the car and should have no issues.  I will put the braces on from ZRP which go from the trailing arm to the swaybar mounts. This prevents the cracking in that area and I will add the transmission brace from S3 Racing.   Amazingly the front end had no issues other than the front diff that decided to spit out the ring gear bolts.  

What I really need is a 72" wide Polaris Pro XP with the Can am motor and drive train and then I would have a pretty solid car.  LOL!

If the Geiser Can Am X3 frame was not so expensive and a lot of work (beyond my skill set) it would be a great option.  
It also could be that your old car smacked it ass at every single bump in the dunes.  It was easy to tell you had been somewhere in the dunes.  Fatigue failure...

It also could be that your old car smacked it ass at every single bump in the dunes.  It was easy to tell you had been somewhere in the dunes.  Fatigue failure...
Not every bump, just a lot of transitions.  LOL!   I had to leave bread crumbs for the others to follow. 

Anyone gotten any word of the release? Can you still add to the order? 

Back