Speed UTV

Even I am getting annoyed and ready to "do something" at this point, and as this thread shows I was fanboi#1.  I don't mind my deposit being out there for however long it takes, even if it's another 2-3 years.  It's a deposit, and that's what it is for.  

However, my problem is the $ I've pre-paid for accessories and warranty.  I think I've said this before, but IMHO that's where SPEED messed up, they never should have charged for that stuff up front.  I'm not far from politely asking for a full refund on all of the accessories and the warranty.  If I am denied, I'll involve my Credit Card company.  I intentionally purchased those things with a CC in case I needed to go this route.  The CC company will probably have little trouble winning since I paid for good and services which have not, and cannot be delivered.  FWIW I paid for all my accessories and warranty on 10/7/2021... the CC card company could have a field day with that...

-TJ
Was it not a big red flag when they said you have to pay it all up front? Back in October 2020 I had mine built out and when Conner asked me what is my credit card number is to pay for it all, it stopped me in my tracks.  Asked him does he have a definitive date on when assembly will begin and he said a couple months, I told him to keep it stock.   Fast forward to 11/15/2021 and received another text and email inviting me to build it out again.  I politely declined and said I will wait.  

I totally understand you and others to feel dooped and furious and hope you win the fight with your CC and Speed.  Just keep in mind RG publicly said if your not happy he will be happy to sell your spot back and will be flagged and not be able to purchase a Speed UTV.

So RG mentioned on the show they have tested the motor with CARB/EPA.  Hope he meant saying it vs they are testing the motor hard in prep for CARB/EPA.   I am no expert but getting passed by CARB is one of the biggest hurdle right?  Why start production if you cant get approved?  

So RG mentioned on the show they have tested the motor with CARB/EPA.  Hope he meant saying it vs they are testing the motor hard in prep for CARB/EPA.   I am no expert but getting passed by CARB is one of the biggest hurdle right?  Why start production if you cant get approved?  
I don’t think the CARB testing is difficult to pass.  They are using the company that does the CARB stuff for the big companies.  The problem is they seem to be making changes to the engine which may delay the CARB testing process. 

You were smart to not pay for accessories up front.  If you sell you spot it will be easy to sell it with no additional cost for the accessories tacked on.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no.......Buff's visions and dreams are coming true, the natives are getting restless 😂

I'm bored with it already. I'd sell and move on but there is nothing you can buy for 30k that "should" be as much fun as this. A replacement toy would be 60-100k (for what I do). So I guess I'll keep waiting.  

Oh no.......Buff's visions and dreams are coming true, the natives are getting restless 😂

I'm bored with it already. I'd sell and move on but there is nothing you can buy for 30k that "should" be as much fun as this. A replacement toy would be 60-100k (for what I do). So I guess I'll keep waiting.  
Same boat. Annoyed, but I won't find a better toy for the money, so I'll reluctantly wait.

LOL!   

Did you get a bunch of accessories?  It would seem most are in the $40K range with accessories added. 

The new Polaris Pro R might do what you want, but it won't be at the dealers in mass numbers either.  It will be at the dealers though.  

I guess having $10,000 - $15,000 pre-paid on accessories on a car a person may not see in the next few months or who knows when has some restless.  

Same boat. Annoyed, but I won't find a better toy for the money, so I'll reluctantly wait.
I guess this is where RG getting people to commit to the early deposits for a lower price works.  

I assume you are waiting on the 4 seater.   Even if you were to sell it now, it is not like you could get the new Pro R 4 seater right now or for that matter much of anything as inventory is still super low.      

LOL!   

Did you get a bunch of accessories?  It would seem most are in the $40K range with accessories added. 

The new Polaris Pro R might do what you want, but it won't be at the dealers in mass numbers either.  It will be at the dealers though.  

I guess having $10,000 - $15,000 pre-paid on accessories on a car a person may not see in the next few months or who knows when has some restless.  
I didn't do too many accessories, just a few car specific items (axle, spare tire, etc..) . I don't mind installing stuff on my own and I do my own fab work. I get way better discounts through the race program on electronic accessories. I think I have around 4k into it. It's not about the money, 4k isn't going to break me. I get bored with toys quickly. I usually turn over toys every few years. So for this, I'm a year and half into it already. Normally it would about time to start thinking about the next toy.  

The Pro R is 40k and you still need to put 10k into it. And in the end....its just a Polaris. If I was going 50k+, I'd build another pre-runner. 

I didn't do too many accessories, just a few car specific items (axle, spare tire, etc..) . I don't mind installing stuff on my own and I do my own fab work. I get way better discounts through the race program on electronic accessories. I think I have around 4k into it. It's not about the money, 4k isn't going to break me. I get bored with toys quickly. I usually turn over toys every few years. So for this, I'm a year and half into it already. Normally it would about time to start thinking about the next toy.  

The Pro R is 40k and you still need to put 10k into it. And in the end....its just a Polaris. If I was going 50k+, I'd build another pre-runner. 
I get it.   

I don't think the Pro R would need much other than lights, radio and air pumper.  Of course we shall see once the public gets a hold of them.   With the new Dynamic suspension I think the suspension is going to be good out of the box.  

I remember when 50K bought you a decked out rail or very nice desert car.  Now you can barely touch a clapped out VW beam car for that price.  LMAO!!!!

Window nets, race seats, comms, cage, beadlocks.

Just a few examples of what I would need in addition to your list on the R.

Theres probably more.

Then add on to the fact that these come with OEM suspension, which as good as it may be, it is not the best and will most likely fail prematurely with abuse. 

My X3 didn't need arms and trailing arms until it finally did, then upgraded to fabwerx front and rear.

My bill for a Pro R the same way I had my X3 would be $60-80k when said in done paying someone else for labor.

I had $60k into my X3 for comparison. Maybe the R wont needs some of the components, but my X3 was $26k vs $41k. 
Yours was a full race build minus a custom chassis if I remember correctly.    Are you planning on racing your Speed UTV?

I would figure new springs on a Pro R with the Dynamic set up.  Cage would be an individual choice.  Suspension components are unknown right now, but from looking at them they will survive for a while.  

My stock trailing arms on my old Can Am X3 lasted 7500 or so miles before they started cracking.  My stock a-arms were still solid at 8,000 miles.  I did have the Taco kit welded on the lower a-arms.  

I just went overboard on my current X3, but still not into for anywhere near where you were at with your X3. 

I wouldn't say full race build. I raced it, but it was all just bolt ons.

I was going to race my Speed, but I changed to a 4 seater since my boys are getting bigger and I have put racing on hold for a little while.

EIther way, all those items listed above I get on the Speed car when comparing apples to apples.

Looks like a 4 seater Pro R is $45k. I'm at $40k.

View attachment 21510
The bonus of locking in your price early.  The El Jeffe Gordon edition is now $41,999.00

I wouldn't say full race build. I raced it, but it was all just bolt ons.

I was going to race my Speed, but I changed to a 4 seater since my boys are getting bigger and I have put racing on hold for a little while.

EIther way, all those items listed above I get on the Speed car when comparing apples to apples.

Looks like a 4 seater Pro R is $45k. I'm at $40k.

View attachment 21510
Did you want an extra set of harnesses? All cars come with 5pts factory.

Back