Speed UTV

Looks like Speed will be out testing in AZ this week.  

Been awfully quiet from Speed UTV.  I know they were out testing and I think I saw one post from RG about testing.  Maybe they will do a presentation this week talking about the testing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any y'all see the Pro R presentation by Justin at Shock Therapy. A lot of the technology/language is way beyond this 'non-wrench' type dude. .. but I'm guessing that a Pro R with all necessary goodies will be much more expensive than a SPEED. I'm gonna be $40k-$45k into each of my Turbo S Velocities (when complete). I think a comparable SPEED would be the same price.. so figure the Pro R with all the 'stuff' must be like $55k-$60k?

OK, back to RG.

abc

Went to Buggy Roundup last weekend and this Unicorn showed up, He says it's real and was Robby's son's kids car. Is it a real one

IMG_3686.JPG

IMG_3689.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

No, that's a Textron XX with some stickers on it. 
Did you order your Speed R/C truck?  I saw that RG and Max were signing some and shipping them out.  It would give you something to drive besides your rail.  LOL!

I did see on the post from RG they are getting close.  Maybe they will start production late January. 

When I first read that post, my first reaction was Max was a little young to have a kid, much less one old enough to drive.

Did you order your Speed R/C truck?  I saw that RG and Max were signing some and shipping them out.  It would give you something to drive besides your rail.  LOL!

I did see on the post from RG they are getting close.  Maybe they will start production late January. 
No, I already have 2 of those Traxxas Slash 4x4s I never use. 

About the only thing you will get out of Speed for a long time... If ever

Napa is selling them and a NAPA truck also. 

He was just bragging that he had one, but it has a Yamaha in it  Just didn't look right.

Even I am getting annoyed and ready to "do something" at this point, and as this thread shows I was fanboi#1.  I don't mind my deposit being out there for however long it takes, even if it's another 2-3 years.  It's a deposit, and that's what it is for.  

However, my problem is the $ I've pre-paid for accessories and warranty.  I think I've said this before, but IMHO that's where SPEED messed up, they never should have charged for that stuff up front.  I'm not far from politely asking for a full refund on all of the accessories and the warranty.  If I am denied, I'll involve my Credit Card company.  I intentionally purchased those things with a CC in case I needed to go this route.  The CC company will probably have little trouble winning since I paid for good and services which have not, and cannot be delivered.  FWIW I paid for all my accessories and warranty on 10/7/2021... the CC card company could have a field day with that...

-TJ

Even I am getting annoyed and ready to "do something" at this point, and as this thread shows I was fanboi#1.  I don't mind my deposit being out there for however long it takes, even if it's another 2-3 years.  It's a deposit, and that's what it is for.  

However, my problem is the $ I've pre-paid for accessories and warranty.  I think I've said this before, but IMHO that's where SPEED messed up, they never should have charged for that stuff up front.  I'm not far from politely asking for a full refund on all of the accessories and the warranty.  If I am denied, I'll involve my Credit Card company.  I intentionally purchased those things with a CC in case I needed to go this route.  The CC company will probably have little trouble winning since I paid for good and services which have not, and cannot be delivered.  FWIW I paid for all my accessories and warranty on 10/7/2021... the CC card company could have a field day with that...

-TJ
If I sound like an idiot sorry for my ignorance but what are they doing with all the deposit and accessory money that they are taking? Do they set it aside in some sort of trust/escrow account or do they use it for R&d or??

Back