SCOTUS / Rowe Vs Wade / State of our Country

Anyone ever participated in an abortion? Will this change the thought's of someone's decision to abort or not to abort? Peace 
How many of those opposed have adopted unwanted babies? Would it change their opinion if they were forced to adopt someone elses unwanted, and many times drug addicted baby?

How many of those opposed have adopted unwanted babies? Would it change their opinion if they were forced to adopt someone elses unwanted, and many times drug addicted baby?
1. Sick ass straw man. Just because you’re opposed doesn’t mean you have to adopt a crack baby.

2. Babies are in such short supply that people adopt kids from other countries for tens of thousands of dollars. 

3. Most of the kids waiting to be adopted are older kids, which would be understandably less, for lack of a better term, desirable. Infant adoption wait list is over a year. 

In any case, in my case I’m not opposed to abortion, I’m  opposed to Roe vs Wade and national policy being based off of it. If the people of a state decide this is morally apprehensible, I support that. If the people of a state decide they want to abort,  fine. I personally have no need for abortion since I don’t knock up crackbrats (I pull out). 

This is the same chit the death penalty opponents put up... get in the system... Eff it up so it doesn't work, then scream it costs too much to carry it out... the reason that there are so many kids in foster care and screwed up is because Liberals run the system.........Niece gave her kid up for adoption....best thing that ever happened to the kid... the adoptive parents went thru HELL trying to get him... the SYSTEM wanted him to be part of the system.....

This is the same chit the death penalty opponents put up... get in the system... Eff it up so it doesn't work, then scream it costs too much to carry it out... the reason that there are so many kids in foster care and screwed up is because Liberals run the system.........Niece gave her kid up for adoption....best thing that ever happened to the kid... the adoptive parents went thru HELL trying to get him... the SYSTEM wanted him to be part of the system.....
I'm for the death penalty and could do it quit cheaply. 

1. Sick ass straw man. Just because you’re opposed doesn’t mean you have to adopt a crack baby.

2. Babies are in such short supply that people adopt kids from other countries for tens of thousands of dollars. 

3. Most of the kids waiting to be adopted are older kids, which would be understandably less, for lack of a better term, desirable. Infant adoption wait list is over a year. 

In any case, in my case I’m not opposed to abortion, I’m  opposed to Roe vs Wade and national policy being based off of it. If the people of a state decide this is morally apprehensible, I support that. If the people of a state decide they want to abort,  fine. I personally have no need for abortion since I don’t knock up crackbrats (I pull out). 
 My comment was in response to the other "straw man"  question. 

The SYSTEM'S number one goal will always be to protect the SYSTEM.

My comment was in response to the other "straw man"  question. 
Err.  No.

"You need to adopt a crack baby because you oppose abortion" is patently ridiculous.  Asking if anyone had experienced abortion, and it having an effect on whether you'd do it or not, isn't.  

But, in the name of fairness, we'll continue this:

How many of those supporting have no idea how babies are made?  Would it change their opinion if they were forced to learn how? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Err.  No.

"You need to adopt a crack baby because you oppose abortion" is patently ridiculous. There's a lot of things that I oppose and I choose not to do them, doesn't mean I have the right to impose my beliefs on others. Your mileage may vary.  Asking if anyone had experienced abortion, and it having an effect on whether you'd do it or not, isn't. The question was whether anyone "participated" in an abortion. That sounds to me as if he's referring to a nurse, Dr., etc that helped perform an abortion. In other words, the graphic nature might change your opinion. I could be wrong but thats how I read it

But, in the name of fairness, we'll continue this:

How many of those supporting have no idea how babies are made?  Would it change their opinion if they were forced to learn how? LOL

Who's imposing beliefs on others?  He asked a question that was legitimate and was met with hyperbole that said people have to adopt crackheads (which ironically imposes beliefs on others).  

And I would think it would change your opinion.  Ever had a friend that worked at a fast food place? They ever want to eat there again? :biggrin:

Who's imposing beliefs on others? Anyone that supports banning abortions of course.  He asked a question that was legitimate and was met with hyperbole that said people have to adopt crackheads (which ironically imposes beliefs on others).  Again, I read his question as hyperbole. 

And I would think it would change your opinion.  Ever had a friend that worked at a fast food place? They ever want to eat there again? :biggrin:

Where in that question does banning abortions come up? Even on the greater subject of the thread: Roe v. Wade being overturned isn't going to cause nationwide banning of abortions...

Is anyone who supports keeping abortions not imposing beliefs on others and immune to hyperbole?

Where in that question does banning abortions come up? Even on the greater subject of the thread: Roe v. Wade being overturned isn't going to cause nationwide banning of abortions...

Is anyone who supports keeping abortions not imposing beliefs on others and immune to hyperbole?
 You're focusing too much on my reply to one persons comment that you and I both interpret the meaning of differently. To change the subject, my beef is that republicans lose way too many elections based on this one issue that the far right has decided that its their way or nothing. Nobody that I can tell on this thread has really taken that position but you know they are out there. Its just frustrating that such a small percentage of far right, religious conservative think that imposing their beliefs is worth getting liberal after liberal elected. IMO, the far right is directly responsible for the country going down the crapper the way it is. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mac
Have you ever looked into adoption in California? It's ran by the same people that are for abortions and act like nobody's good enough for the kids. We would have made good adoptive parents but the hoops that you needed to jump through and the chit you needed to listen to and abide by was too much. Much like some of these animal rescue places where they're such psychos they never approve anyone for an adoption. "Oh..you owned a dog 15 years ago and you want a cat now? I don't think so"..

I know you're thinking there's two sides of the story and there is, but they were psychotic..

Back