Points of Interest out of Control in Glamis?

Back in the day China Wall was the main destination for our group. I cant even remember the last time I have been there. 

I don't mind the destinations but they can't just start popping up all over the place.

Flagpole is always a good ride from Pad 4, but what is weird is the line we take back to camp always seems to be way better and faster. :dunno:

Swing set is cool for the kids in our group, but now that there is that big jump, well I think people would go there for the show regardless if the swing set was there.

Other than that we just say let's go....That way >>>------> and see where we end up.

Usually turned around and scratching our heads.

:laugh1:

I've never figured out GPS.. I'm too stupid and too friggin' old.. I get lost all the time, but still have great fun in G..

... like someone said.. I just point.. let's go THAT way.. then we figure a way back later..

I could care less about ANY destination, including Olds, etc. but we always end up at one of them, stay back and watch the show for a minute.. let the motors cool, then back at it.

I go to G to drive (fast) so better to be away from other people.

$.02

abc

heel 6.jpg

heel 5.jpg

heel 3.jpg

hospital.jpg

62D01C87-F025-4FB0-9609-ADE2454D4EC7.jpeg

FE5C8924-5B43-4439-949B-9B4CC78E47EC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are driving with your eyes on a GPS, you are not duning.  While I go to all the destinations, but sometimes it takes 45 minutes to get to them because we are duning along the way.  The only reason for a GPS is for safety.

Im gonna give you an example...This Sunset hill ...its real name is The Ledge...which is no biggie,...does anyone know how it was started?..that doesnt matter either..what matters is the more popular it got..it attracted the losers ...there was never any trash left behind like there is now.its absolutely terrible....and all the bullshit fighting going on up there is just stupid...again disrespectful losers ruining it for everyone
Was nice 10-12 years ago always see the normal crowd up there avoided the drags etc.Yeh pretty sure i know how it got started too but today its a chit show in a way not as enjoyable unless you get there early and park on the lip going down to get out,Once the crowd shows up in SxS they just park wherever dont care about blocking you in and just flat out refuse to move.Seriously i was parked on the end facing downhill into the bowl and 1 pulled up in front of me was about to get out of his SxS and walk to his buddies about 3 rows back he was parked leaning pretty good cause it was a slight hill before it dropped down.i lifted my arms like WTF i need to get out when i leave he said well his friends are parked behind me and wanted to be close just said not cool man no one ever parks like that right here especially on a slope just move it on other side he finally did.He may have found it at bottom of bowl had i had to leave.

Was nice 10-12 years ago always see the normal crowd up there avoided the drags etc.Yeh pretty sure i know how it got started too but today its a chit show in a way not as enjoyable unless you get there early and park on the lip going down to get out,Once the crowd shows up in SxS they just park wherever dont care about blocking you in and just flat out refuse to move.Seriously i was parked on the end facing downhill into the bowl and 1 pulled up in front of me was about to get out of his SxS and walk to his buddies about 3 rows back he was parked leaning pretty good cause it was a slight hill before it dropped down.i lifted my arms like WTF i need to get out when i leave he said well his friends are parked behind me and wanted to be close just said not cool man no one ever parks like that right here especially on a slope just move it on other side he finally did.He may have found it at bottom of bowl had i had to leave.
If I recall wasn’t named after someone? 

Maybe this is off topic, or maybe not.  I’m pretty sure everyone knows where that dinosaur came from… I mean it was posted all over look at me gram for like 2 weeks.  Shouldn’t they have gotten a fine and the bill for removal just as blm does for lost hikers?  I mean I believe there was even a video of them hauling out there posted.  

RZR fire in the background?

People that created this one posted about it this week.  More stuff!  Everyone that ever dies get a memorial nowadays.
Not sure what it is but he did take this as well. Hope everyone is okay.

EA6C445D-014C-46B2-AB64-332E3A1FE4BD.jpeg

There's one destination out there I still haven't found.................that dude named SLAPPY! Who the Hell is SLAPPY? Peace
Oh hell I thought you were talking about the 4 hr dune time to find the Flag Pole.  :rotf:

All this talk about destinations…good memories taking kids down to the Troll hut. RIP

Where is this location? Sure the kids would love to spend sometime on it after 5-10mins of trash duty…
Check out this location: Teeter Totter at coordinates 32.972907, -115.107666.
Here is a map: BLM - Eastern Imperial County Route Map at Avenza Map Store.
He pinned it and said it is a little north of olds.

Back