PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW OWNERS OF GLAMISDUNES.COM

Interesting…. So if ya take the pic to add to the post it works..  but if you upload from the galleries it doesn’t.  

doesn’t matter we are gonna fix it all here pretty quick 
FWIW, mine came from my gallery.

Congrats to Dave and Chris and welcome. Been hanging around this site for many years has been great. Looking forward to see what you folks do here. 
A big Thank You to @sndsamplr @fng and @Slappy for all the great years this has been my only social media site for several years and have always appreciated what you folks have done here hope you get some well deserved R&R now.

Congratulations, Robert!

Congratulations, GlamisDunes.com team!

Way back when, Rob, you decided to build a website that would 1) educate duners about the magic of Glamis and 2) teach the etiquette of being the stewards of the dunes and 3) end the closures and 4) make a digital place where duners could reach each other and 5) create events and gatherings that would support the mission and 6) have a ton freaking fun. In doing so I would suggest that participation in Glamis motorsports and activities has grown exponentially (good and bad) due mainly to your vision! And then there was that Slappy guy…

Congratulations, you and your team have done them all!

The memories and events …good and bad and tragic and melancholy… are woven into our lives and forever tattooed on our hearts. 

Thank you and Patrick and all the moderators and administrators that have helped contribute to a rare one of a kind place of beauty, Mother Glamis and www.glamisdunes.com!

Dave and Chris, good luck! I hope the core values remain and we / you can, particularly, bring back the education of the etiquette and stewardship of Mother Glamis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to both Rob and the new owners. I spent a large part of my life on this forum, and the people I've met and duned with are always in my heart. I miss you all more than you'll ever imagine. Funny part about getting old is the body breaks down, but the mind doesn't...man what I wouldn't give to be in the dunes again. I still check in every now and again, when I'm daydreaming about the "good ol' days".

Anyway, I'm glad that this place gets to keep on keepin' on. While I don't know River Dave, I have heard plenty of stories..(all of them good, from what the people telling them could remember..) So, I'm sure he and team will take GD.com to new, and slapatitious heights.

Congratulations to all and welcome to Dave and Chris. 
Looking forward to many more years of education and entertainment. 
To @sndsamplr, Interstate 8 east to 111 north then 78 east, turn right past the Glamis Beach Store before the railroad tracks and go about 20 minutes.  Put Spidey in his chair. 
:js:

Congrats to the new owners. Looking forward to the transition and as many others have said, I’m praying the lost data can somehow be restored. Interesting take over on your other site on why the crash happened. Maybe the folks who crashed it can be persuaded somehow to uncrash it.
Life has moved on but there were a lot of great memories in that data.🤘🤘

Not a river person at all, so never been on RDP…

But impressed that, despite this being the internet, there hasn’t been a single negative comment (I’ve seen at least) about this purchase. Been on forums where ownership changes, and it usually doesn’t end well. 

Guess this @RiverDave guy has a decent rep! :biggrin:

But impressed that, despite this being the internet, there hasn’t been a single negative comment (I’ve seen at least) about this purchase. Been on forums where ownership changes, and it usually doesn’t end well. 

I believe you will find that RD and I will work together to bring new life and some fun in the future. Dave is honestly great with forums and driving conversation and content. We are both avid off-roaders and I was in the industry for about 10 years. The future will be fun!

Devious Chris

At all!

Seen a few basically tank in first couple months after the transfer.

At all!

Seen a few basically tank in first couple months after the transfer.
That is because usually they’re bought by large corporations that whore the forums out and add little to no content. They just sign up for giant ad packages then rely on Google bots for traffic and sell them to other large corporations.. Some of my favorite forms with that direction and it’s pretty sad.

I’m more the come have a beer kinda guy.. 

Back