PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW OWNERS OF GLAMISDUNES.COM

With @RiverDaveinvolved GD.com will prosper.

I guess this is why my questions about adding a thriving off road forum to RDP was repeatedly ignored!

@Rockwood you will not be disappointed. River Dave is like the friend you take with you or meet somewhere and he wants everyone to have a good time. He is more than willing to share or to pitch in and help. You should check out RDP it is like what GD.com was in its heyday.

I will fire up my old computer and rescue the thousands of pictures I had saved from the former glory days.

I also have a little treat. I saved most of one of the most looked at threads on here before the crash.

@sndsamplr You did a good thing for the board turning it over to Chris and Dave. Hope you are doing well and continue to post…

Where’s @Grease Monkey? Looking forward to talking again!

@Crusty@Stugots @MWB @matt86m @lovesdunes @luvdunin and many others good to “see” you all again.

Is @Chummin still butt hurt about my Speed posts?

Never far from here.  You still got my #

I sent you a pm a few months back on here......

That is because usually they’re bought by large corporations that brat the forums out and add little to no content. They just sign up for giant ad packages then rely on Google bots for traffic and sell them to other large corporations.. Some of my favorite forms with that direction and it’s pretty sad.

I’m more the come have a beer kinda guy.. 
100% this.

Not being a "boat guy", I never registered on RDP.  I knew it was a thing, and would hit it up for time to time. Thinking...it would be sweet if GD had this traffic.  My mom's husband is big into old school V-drives, and I would hit a show or two with him in Needles with his Schiada.  I'm currently lacing out the sparky wizardry in the latest one wound up in...

I have faith. 

With @RiverDaveinvolved GD.com will prosper.

I guess this is why my questions about adding a thriving off road forum to RDP was repeatedly ignored!

@Rockwood you will not be disappointed. River Dave is like the friend you take with you or meet somewhere and he wants everyone to have a good time. He is more than willing to share or to pitch in and help. You should check out RDP it is like what GD.com was in its heyday.

I will fire up my old computer and rescue the thousands of pictures I had saved from the former glory days.

I also have a little treat. I saved most of one of the most looked at threads on here before the crash.

@sndsamplr You did a good thing for the board turning it over to Chris and Dave. Hope you are doing well and continue to post…

Where’s @Grease Monkey? Looking forward to talking again!

@Crusty@Stugots @MWB @matt86m @lovesdunes @luvdunin and many others good to “see” you all again.

Is @Chummin still butt hurt about my Speed posts?
glad to know rdp isn’t the only one with a speed thread that is total chaos.. lol 

for those that don’t know I own a speed el jefe rg..   I am happy with the car!   We can get into that when I find the speed thread in here.

RD 

The only thing consistent is change ... GD has always been a place where friends meet and people meet to and become friends  - it has a vibe and is a community, and yeah after the crash things were different, but Smplr and the moderators always were fair ...  and so many members worked at making it a "unique" place. And unpretentious unlike so many other places in the cyber world...

My life for a long time was river in summer, dune in winter, its a lifestyle I think many of us share - I hope this change only adds to the culture but does not destroy it - time will tell

Congrats to the new owners and thanks to everyone for all the hard work you have done  

@GRADS What is this? Is this yours? Do tell!!!
it isn’t his..   grass is the resident punching bag on rdp that gets banned constantly etc..  he’s actually not a bad guy and I consider him a friend.. but he trolls (fishes) constantly for that never ending attention to the point of straight up cross dressing.. lol

i will say he banged a lot of hot tail in the day though.

a few classic cars a few decent boats but no Offroad for him.   

his most famous thing he’s done online was releasing an inflatable sex doll tied to a bunch of balloons in his backyard..  went viral multiple times with a lot of people claiming credit but it was actually Greg.

it isn’t his..   grass is the resident punching bag on rdp that gets banned constantly etc..  he’s actually not a bad guy and I consider him a friend.. but he trolls (fishes) constantly for that never ending attention to the point of straight up cross dressing.. lol

his most famous thing he’s done online was releasing an inflatable sex doll tied to a bunch of balloons in his backyard..  went viral multiple times with a lot of people claiming credit but it was actually Greg.
I watched that a few weeks ago,  Holy chit was I laughing.  The song in the background "Sailing away" was the best.   Fricking legend IMO......

The comments on IG were the best.  Little Johnnys going to find it and not come out of his room for weeks :lmao:

@GRADS Post that IG link.  I want to laugh some more

I have been a member of GD.com for 20+ years. I don't really go to Glamis much anymore but I still hang around this site. Lots of good people and information. I have made a bunch of friends fronm this site, many I still hangout with. Thanks @sndsamplr for keeping GD alive, even when things went south, you would always pull it off. There are not enough words for @Slappy! He is part of all of us! 

We first met at a bowling alley, and from our first interaction of bowling against each other at bowling league, I knew we would became best friends.  I’ve never laughed as hard with anybody else then with this guy, who’s always had my back, who was always by my side, and put in the most incredible work from the very beginning.  Without him,  Glamisdunes.com would never have existed the way she did. From Slappy radio, to the embroidery machine at the Sand show booth, and endless hard work behind a computer screen.  He and I made a deal to go forward and have fun.  Ever since,  I’ve belly laughed more times than I can remember, and always a pleasure to have around and talk to and get a good laugh.  One of the funniest, kindest, happy individuals that I’m so proud and honored to call my friend.  The road we traveled together, was a journey so fantastic I wouldn’t trade it for the world. @fng, Magic Man, thanks for everything.   Without you, glamisdunes.com never reaches the height that she did.  I’ve got quite a few, hilarious stories with this guy over the years, some of you may know a couple, and maybe someday around the campfire I’ll tell a few if you haven’t heard. Guaranteed for a belly laugh.  I tip my cap to you, Sunshine, thanks for being there always.  I know both of us are looking forward to watching Glamisdunes.com rock ‘n’ roll into the future.
mCJBGHp-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

mMxQD3W-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

Thank you, those are some kind words.  :blowkiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, those are some kind words.  :blowkiss:
Hopefully you won't get banned over here!

👍🏼👍🏼

Truth be told...

I am looking forward to RD getting back from LOTO, and switching this forum to XenForo...

I'll see someone "liked" a post I made, and then when I try to go to it, it will go to someone else's post! 😱

Then I'll see someone else quoted a post I made, but only because I re-read the thread. 🙄

Hopefully Dave will come back with no broken body parts this time!

😱😜

https://lakeoftheozarksshootout.com/

Back