PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW OWNERS OF GLAMISDUNES.COM

HOT DARN WHAT A SLAPPTACIOUS DAY IT IS. 

Slappy wants to welcome Devious Chris and River Dave into The Brotherhood and our family, and thank you for taking the wheel.  And hot damn the future looks bright.  Mother Glamis needs Glamisdunes.com and all her members, and with new energy comes new life, new adventures, a new fight, and there is nobody better than the GD.com Army to take that on. 

“GD.comers UNITE”

“The Grizzled Groff” has returned, and is leading an army of Whitecoats against us…We must train hard, for our fight will be long and treacherous…If we fail, the underworld will surely take over.  Mother Glamis will fall under demonic rule…we must not allow this to happen.”

Those were the words that united a community that soon became a formidable Army.  A crisis faced us, and with our passion and unending devotion, we found ourselves united together with a single common cause, with one ultimate goal filled with fierce purpose, and that was to free ourselves from the grip that the Whitecoats had on our beloved Mother Glamis.  

The fight was on against The Whitecoats!!

fight.jpg

We built friendships, families, and emotional bonds that would be sealed together for a lifetime.  And with that strength and passion rose a dune community that would change the course from wrong to right.  Complete strangers who met on line would quickly come together in person, meeting for the very first time, united under one roof, the roof of Glamisdunes.com.  The movement began from that very first “Kenny” gathering on Gecko.  An amazing beginning.  Strangers quickly became best friends; lifestyles soon were shared as people began to join together outside of our internet basecamp.  People were meeting the person who wrote the words, and was able to put names with faces (board names, most of us didn’t even know the persons real name, because their real name was not who they were here in our neighborhood), and it was beautiful.  As the word spread, more and more people joined in, and our doors were always open and the welcome mat was out for whomever wanted in, no matter who or what you were.  The phrase, “You are always welcome at my camp fire” were words that could never be so true.  And if you flew the Glamisdunes.com flag or sticker, you were considered a trusted comrade that would go out of there way and be there for you in a time of need.  Our motto was to always take care of each other, even during times of darkness. 

We found ways to gather together, not only down in Mother Glamis, but we gathered together outside of these computer screens.  The GD.com army organized Taco Tuesdays, house parties, random gatherings, Sand Shows, Veteran Ceremonies, Golf Tournaments, clean ups, EPO’s, Slappy Racing, The Slap Army, The Brotherhood, THE COMPOUND, Wash 13, you name it, we did it, just so we could get together and share our lives with each other.  We made up excuses to gather together.  “Join in on the Glamisdunes.com Hotwheels National” for example.  Just another reason to gather together so we could share our journey, side by side, through this thing called life. 

We did our best to practice what we preach, and The Brotherhood practiced that code, and it was simple, “Don’t Be A McPenis.”  We preached dune etiquette, take out what you bring in, protect her wildlife, check on your neighbor, be accountable, and leave her better than when you showed up.  We told stories, played games, danced with Slappy, and tens of people soon became hundreds, and hundreds soon became thousands.  And through this spiritual bonding, we shared one common goal: to protect, cherish, and fight to open our beloved Mother Glamis.  We educated ourselves of the wonders that Mother Glamis had to offer us, and we accepted her offer with a promise to protect it.  We learned that not only was it slapptacious to rip your McSlappmachine with wide open RPM’s (They’re called RPM’s, get on em) through her bowls, at the same time we recognized the beauty in her wildlife that was right under our feet.  From Mr. Red Tail flying above to Ms. Fringe Toed Lizard and Mr. Sand Food burrowed below, it was there for us to enjoy.  We made a promise to her, and our message was clear.  We believed our way was the best way, and it was, and still is.  And we succeeded.  We became a united front that together we freed Mother Glamis from those horrible red stakes, and opened her arms so everyone could enjoy all of her beauty!!  It was something to behold.  And that message is still true to this day, but we must stay strong. 

Along our journey we lost loved ones, and the memories of them will forever be in our hearts and minds, and we will miss them terribly, for they were our family.  We not only witnessed, but performed the uniting of people in marriage, and from that, new life being born into our family.  Relationships formed, families bonded, and lives were changed forever.  Whatever life threw at us, and whatever we gave, we shared it together, with smiles, love, laughter, and sorrow.  What an incredible journey, and what an honor it has been to be a part of it.  You are the finest people on the planet.  Slappy thanks you from the bottom of his heart that you allowed him to be part of this family, and he hopes he was able to contribute to your smiles and happiness throughout your Glamis travels, even for a little bit, he was successful; that’s all Slap ever wanted, and still does, and he hopes you will continue to allow Slap to float above with Mr. Red Tail as he watches our family below.  We will forever be bonded together through eternity, united by a common cause, under the family name we call Glamisdunes.com.  That family is still here, and it is ready for new adventures, a new fight, because there is still a fight out there, and the message we started and spread for so many years needs to be heard more than ever right now.  Whitecoats have infiltrated, and Mother Glamis needs a healthy dose of healing.  Slappy knows our message can and will be sung loudly, fueled with the same fire and passion that only a short time ago, was once so brightly lit.  There are fine people out there doing great work for her, and they are screaming at the top of their lungs for help, but those voices need to be joined with more voices, and when that happens, our song will echo through the rippled sand of Mother Glamis, uniting the dune community in glorious song…NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN.  River Dave and Devious Chris, both good men who Slap knows will take the wheel and contribute heavily to get the glamisdunes.com fire burning bright again, WITH ALL OF OUR HELP, and we will dance in our success.  The road is long, but that road is filled with excitement, energy, and purpose;  PROTECT OUR GIRL AND ALL HER WILDLIFE. 

And of course, DON’T BE A MCPENIS.  You never know, River Dave and Devious Chris may bring back the McPenis page, and you don’t want to be on it.

pic15.jpg  

DON'T BE A MCPENIS!!

At Slappy’s request to River Dave and Devious Chris, Slap’s Neighborhood will close, but Slap ain’t goin anywhere, because all of Glamisdunes.com is Slappy’s Neighborhood, and OUR Neighborhood.  Dave told Slap that it ain’t right to chain Slap to a suburb of this beautiful community, it is open wide for Slap and all of us.  THE FREEDOM TO SOAR!  @sndsamplr, @fngthanks for looking out for us and all yer hard work, you both are a Slappy Favorite.  

Slap could go on and on about this glorious place and its Army, but that might take up all River Daves and Devious Chris's data space. 

Welcome River Dave and Devious Chris, the ride has just begun, and we are so glad you are here, and the SlapArmy is with you!!

BUT, always remember, and never forget…    

RIPPIN A BOWL, SINGIN A TUNE,

NOBODY DUNE LIKE SLAPPY DUNE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, and welcome to the next chapter.  This Board is certainly a small family and even though I haven't met most of you, we are all friends in some way or another.  Either way, the River and Glamis are distant siblings that need to get to know each other better.  I look forward to the changes.  WELCOME

So my original intent was to kinda get the lay of the land before we made any changes but this software is extremely outdated and I can’t even upload a picture from my phone..  

I told my IT guys to switch sooner than later and we can build the front page after the switch..  

I appreciate the warm welcome and the humor.  I think you are going to see a lot of life brought into this place over the next week or so! 

new owners will be TOP s :cheers:

Congratulations on the acquisition! 

You guys clearly know how to set up and run a successful board with these types of personalities! :classic_cool:  

Can you help me realize my dream of making one post/response and having it copied/pasted to common threads between multiple sites? #timesaver

Congratulations on the acquisition! 

You guys clearly know how to set up and run a successful board with these types of personalities! :classic_cool:  

Can you help me realize my dream of making one post/response and having it copied/pasted to common threads between multiple sites? #timesaver
technically you could if they had the same thread titles..   I’m not real interested in doing that to rdp though 

this is a Offroad community and rdp is a boating community..  there’s a lot of cross over but they are different and I’d like for each to have their own vibe. 

technically you could if they had the same thread titles..   I’m not real interested in doing that to rdp though 

this is a Offroad community and rdp is a boating community..  there’s a lot of cross over but they are different and I’d like for each to have their own vibe. 

Was more of a joke than a request. I'm happy you thought about it though. 

Back