Padres Road to the World Series

Rumors out there that Tatis is being shopped out there in a trade??

Rumors out there that Tatis is being shopped out there in a trade??
I  see the rumors and believe its a huge joke, Tatis isn't going anywhere.

Meanwhile I am hearing that Gavin Lux will play SS for the Dodgers this year ...................Hmmm

For years, The Padres have been complaining about the Dodgers buying division titles, now it is the Padres doing it.  The Pads have to win the World Series in the next two years, or this is all a bust. This franchise will be in last place 5 years from now, with big contracts that they will have to pay.  Farm System is gutted, signing these long term contracts for big bucks isn't good for the long term.

I just don't get the Bogaert signing, he is going downhill in Avg, HR, and defense. He also is going from a small ballpark to a large one, he will be lucky to have 5 HR total next year. Signing him to a long term contract is going to backfire.  I truly think the Pads just signed him so SF or LA didn't.  LA always does this, they are rumored in all trades and signing, they do this so other teams overpay.

Padres are now the Yankees of the West, huge Payroll with no direction.
Xander hit .307 last yr and I disagree he is going downhill, look at his stats.

Carlos Carrera just signed 13 yrs 350 mill, he will also be 41 at end of contract, no trade, no opt out.  Padres have an owner with money now, this is sustainable as he has been preaching.  SF and NYM have spent way more than SD in the off season.  You should be way more worried about the direction of Yore Dodgers, traded top 2 prospects for Trea and Sherzer, how did that work out ? And they have done nothing this offseason with players happily walking away from that organization.    

Xander hit .307 last yr and I disagree he is going downhill, look at his stats.

Carlos Carrera just signed 13 yrs 350 mill, he will also be 41 at end of contract, no trade, no opt out.  Padres have an owner with money now, this is sustainable as he has been preaching.  SF and NYM have spent way more than SD in the off season.  You should be way more worried about the direction of Yore Dodgers, traded top 2 prospects for Trea and Sherzer, how did that work out ? And they have done nothing this offseason with players happily walking away from that organization.    
Isn't this a Padres topic, why do Padres fans always want to talk about the Dodgers..........

I am not worried about the Dodgers, we will be fine.  We have tons of home grown talent, which the Padres virtually have none now, you must let them play at some point.  If you know anything about Baseball you can't win by buying a team like the Padres are doing.  But I do like to see you guys mortgaging the future to win now, it worked in the past............oh wait remember the "Firesale".  

I do love the fact that Dodger's rumors of signing people are making the Padres and Giants spend money, along with the Soto trade which the Padres did just to make sure the Dodgers didn't.......someone is playing mind games.

Isn't this a Padres topic, why do Padres fans always want to talk about the Dodgers..........

I am not worried about the Dodgers, we will be fine.  We have tons of home grown talent, which the Padres virtually have none now, you must let them play at some point.  If you know anything about Baseball you can't win by buying a team like the Padres are doing.  But I do like to see you guys mortgaging the future to win now, it worked in the past............oh wait remember the "Firesale".  

I do love the fact that Dodger's rumors of signing people are making the Padres and Giants spend money, along with the Soto trade which the Padres did just to make sure the Dodgers didn't.......someone is playing mind games.
Pads are the only game in town these days, and fan excitement is high.  I've been to off-games and it's still packed and people are watching.  I don't think revenue is that much of a problem here to keep up with payroll.  Time will tell

I do love all the Pad's excitement, it is good for baseball and SD.  Filling seats is only a small portion of the revenue.  And when you don't own the Stadium, parking or concessions, it is even smaller.  TV money is the key to revenue for all teams, then filling the seats.  I do hope you are right, and fans keep coming out to the games, but in the past SD fans have a tendency to lose excitement for their teams quickly.

One thing I don't understand, is when you go to Tijuana or south in Baja, the locals are never sporting Padres gear, always Dodgers.............this is the market this team needs to focus on, lots of money there.  You must expand your fan base to make money.  Hopefully putting a consistent winning team on the field will do so.

I do love all the Pad's excitement, it is good for baseball and SD.  Filling seats is only a small portion of the revenue.  And when you don't own the Stadium, parking or concessions, it is even smaller.  TV money is the key to revenue for all teams, then filling the seats.  I do hope you are right, and fans keep coming out to the games, but in the past SD fans have a tendency to lose excitement for their teams quickly.

One thing I don't understand, is when you go to Tijuana or south in Baja, the locals are never sporting Padres gear, always Dodgers.............this is the market this team needs to focus on, lots of money there.  You must expand your fan base to make money.  Hopefully putting a consistent winning team on the field will do so.
Agree.  Full seats translates to better TV deals, etc.  We finally have an owner willing to invest in on field product.

In Mexico it's Yankees and Dodgers....Madres are like 8th.

fernando-valenzuela-gettyimages-73208438.jpg

Seriously? Guess you dont know as much as you think about baseball, that's the easiest question ever, his name is  Fernando Valenzuela.  That Post Season beat down from the Padres obviously still has you seeing RED.  As it should !

You talk about other teams but we cant, Ok, Got it.  LMAO!

Opening Day Presale starts tomorrow...

:dodger:

Back