Outdoor kitchen / BBQ Islands

We feel like it ties in well with our pool that we had redone last summer. 

44176467-DBCF-4871-B206-F33B98D24F13.jpeg

3833CCF7-53B0-439C-8475-3B54D7F1A1A4.jpeg

91FD6DDA-C4FD-4165-9A7A-64BDE342B5E5.jpeg

@NIKAL did you ever finish yours? I am wrapping up paver this week. Shade structure is built and now it is time to start designing the bar/cooking area.
Yes I did. I worked @Pete@Islands in the Sun He did a great job. Mine was a bit more basic vs what Dunerking did. I just did a bbq and some cabinet does and drawers. It does have a nice seating area for 6-7 people.  I’ll post up some finished pictures as I just realized I don’t have any close up with everything finished. 

Who did you use for your pavers and shade structure? 

Who did you use for your pavers and shade structure? 
I am doing all the work. I have a general plan/idea in my head but going freestyle for the most part.

I don't have finished pictures but here is the idea. The structure is 8'x8' at posts and 12'x12' with overhangs. I want to build some sort of tiki bar/cooking area under it. The left side of the structure will be seating area/fire ring and the right side will be raised garden beds. I might build another shade structure over the hot tub when its all said and done. backyardpavers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Keep up the updates and great work!
 I plan to add a separate cabana/casita on the other side of the pool along with moving some of the existing landscaping to connect the pool area with the turf field/putting green. 

Yes,a friend and I built it. 
Did you go block because of the concrete counters?? I am debating on metal studs or wood studs. I'll probably go with some sort of hybrid metal down low and wood on top. I am still not sure what I'm going to do for counters. Some of the epoxy stuff is really cool.

Blocks because my buddy suggested it and probably what he’s most accustomed to using. The pour in place cement has turned out really nice and low maintenance. 

Here are the latest pictures of the backyard remodel. I haven't gotten much work done in the last month as it was Over-The-Line season. Now it's time to get back to work. I am laying our the bar area and trying to figure out what/how we want it. I am thinking "U" shaped with a griddle. I have multiple BBQ's/smokers so no need for a built in. 

678151116.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

Here is the weekend update. 

Also some questions on lighting....

I am at the point that I need to start laying out my electrical. I was thinking of LED strip lighting in the upper canopy. And also under the overhang on the bar. I have never messed with the LED strip lighting. I'm guessing I would need to run one strand of lights high and another below the bar, but can they work together? Or would I have 2 remotes and I would have to manually program them the same color/theme? What are the brand of choice for LED lights? I looked at amazon and there are a lot of styles/brands. Sometimes you get what you pay for, so I am not really looking for the cheapest as I don't want them crapping out in 6 months. Thanks!

IMG_1439.jpg

Here is the weekend update. 

Also some questions on lighting....

I am at the point that I need to start laying out my electrical. I was thinking of LED strip lighting in the upper canopy. And also under the overhang on the bar. I have never messed with the LED strip lighting. I'm guessing I would need to run one strand of lights high and another below the bar, but can they work together? Or would I have 2 remotes and I would have to manually program them the same color/theme? What are the brand of choice for LED lights? I looked at amazon and there are a lot of styles/brands. Sometimes you get what you pay for, so I am not really looking for the cheapest as I don't want them crapping out in 6 months. Thanks!

View attachment 38146
Your showing up to the party a little late to start electrical.

Where does the power come in at? Overhead or underground ?

How do you plan on getting from where it comes in to the top  or bottom lights? 

Your showing up to the party a little late to start electrical.

Where does the power come in at? Overhead or underground ?

How do you plan on getting from where it comes in to the top  or bottom lights? 
Come on Captain Buzzkill. :) There is a junction box at the rear left column, power has been roughed in there. I am going to have to run some bamboo conduit up to the top area (for lights, ceiling fan), then back down on another column to get into the bar area. I might just put plugs on the columns so that people can charge phones. Maybe a couple plugs in the backsplash of the upper bar area. 

Phillips Hue lighting was recommended but it is a little pricy. The Govee RGBIC outdoor strip looks like its decent. It comes in 32' long strips, which would be just about perfect.

Back