Outdoor kitchen / BBQ Islands

Pete, I have my grill, side burner, sink, doors, drawers and most of all the island must have a place for my Big Green Egg.

That's something we can design? Work around what I already have? 
Yes - We have built islands with BGEggs

feel free to text or call me at 951-316-8793

egg.JPG

I had one built in my last house, my only issues were the Ice maker broke and finding a replacement in the same size was difficult.  My barbeque had issues after ten years and a lot of barbequing, was tough to get new parts as well.  Just take this into consideration when building things around specific sizes appliances.  I love the islands for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
my only issues were the Ice maker broke
We went shopping for appliances and the salesman was talking us OUT of an ice machine. For that reason. They break. Peace

We went shopping for appliances and the salesman was talking us OUT of an ice machine. For that reason. They break. Peace
Just do what my old boss use to do.

Find a good used commercial one for a smoking good deal and take the one out of the shop and put in your garage.  You will never run out of ice again.

I’ve been considering building in a spot for a Bi Green Egg and I like the pocket you did for that BBQ island. How much space do you leave around the Egg to work properly? Thanks and keep up the great work! 
What is a "Bi Green Egg"? half pellet half charcoal??

I got a hook up at Lions if interested.

I built my outdoor patio in 2008 and have upgraded it several times.  I planned to do a built in BBQ and sink but i never finish a project so I ended up buying a nice Jenn-Air BBQ and eventually a Traeger.  I spend as much time on my patio as I can.  Second favorite place, Glamis being first.

enhance (40).jpg

The peeler logs and most of the wood were recycled from the TV shows Monster Garage and Monster House when I did some side work for the production company.

enhance (46).jpg

enhance (51).jpg

enhance (56).jpg

Hard to believe my son is now 18 years old, graduated high school, and driving for me pretty much full time.

enhance (55).jpg

This was the dry-well I built for the sink drain.  It's about 2/3 of an empty plastic 55 gallon drum with holes drilled in the bottom and sides and rocks placed inside.  It's still there but never been used because I never added a sink.

20160116_203420.jpg

200lb (probably) old AF plasma TV.  It's been upgraded several times.

20210730_202252.jpg

Yes, my LED lights are falling down, again.  Took this picture last weekend.  Looks small but it's 16' X 16' and the hotub takes up a good portion.  I have a small fire pit on legs I put in the center during the colder months.

20210730_203706.jpg

I was not happy with my old Traeger Jr because it didn't hold temp for sh!t.  Took a chance and got a new Traeger Silverton 620 Costco edition and it works great so far.

20140830_160051.jpg

Really happy with the Jenn-Air BBQ and it's natural gas so no propane tanks.  Parts are still available and I've installed new burners and deflectors once but it's ready for another set soon.  We use it a few times a week.  Just to the left you can see the dry-well ABS line and a fresh water line for the sink the never happened.  

I love to see the outdoor areas everyone has posted.

We have been remodeling all the inside of our house.....the Pool, Patio and Backyard is last on my list.

Why? because its the most important, when it's done I don't wanna hear a PEEP :wife:  about anything else...leave me in my happy place :bbq2:

I would love to see more ideas too. I only have a BBQ and Pellet grill out back, and it's not at the pool.

I don't know what to do there.

IMG_4045.jpeg

So it's been awhile since I posted progress on the outdoor kitchen project. Please to announce it's FINALLY completed, just need to screw in the last electrical plate and have a cocktail. Here's some pics of the finished product. 

Kitchen 1.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

Beautiful. You don't mess around! Peace