New Polaris Pro R

In other news, watched a Pro R powerslide the top of the hill at the firefighter memorial multiple times.  No rollover.  Thought for certain it was going to.

In other news, watched a Pro R powerslide the top of the hill at the firefighter memorial multiple times.  No rollover.  Thought for certain it was going to.
Dude, yore asain...no camera on hand?

200.gif

Desert season hath arrived.  Any issues with the Pro Rs cropping up as common?

The front diff I have here smoked a R&P after a few desert runs in a "play" car. For what it's worth, the kid runs the car pretty hard. But still should have last more than a few trips.

Desert season hath arrived.  Any issues with the Pro Rs cropping up as common?
Seen few stuff them in witches eyes and break stuff.   Weddle posted a picture of a smoked front diff.  

I will let you know if I see anything as there will be two in our group for the Thanksgiving trip. 

The front diff I have here smoked a R&P after a few desert runs in a "play" car. For what it's worth, the kid runs the car pretty hard. But still should have last more than a few trips.
With all the craze for big ass tires on SxSs, I assume you guys will have brisk sales on R&Ps...

Team Industries?

With all the craze for big ass tires on SxSs, I assume you guys will have brisk sales on R&Ps...
I like customers that like big tires. 

Team Industries?
Yes. Better quality R&P than in years past, but still needs some help. Waiting on a tool to get the pinion out, then see what I can do to make them better.

Was he rock crawling or just hauling the mail in the desert when it happen?  Stock tires or 35s?

Funny when I spoke to one of the Polaris people they originally tried to use the same front diff as the Turbo S, but kept blowing them up in testing.  He was very proud of the new front diff they were using on the Pro R.  

Was he rock crawling or just hauling the mail in the desert when it happen?  Stock tires or 35s?

Funny when I spoke to one of the Polaris people they originally tried to use the same front diff as the Turbo S, but kept blowing them up in testing.  He was very proud of the new front diff they were using on the Pro R.  
Hard desert driving on big tires. This particular driver has been very hard on all of his front diffs. I have him testing some Weddle parts for the Turbo S/RS1 diffs right now.

The Pro Turbo model uses the same diff as the Turbo S/Pro XP, but has larger splines for bigger CV joints. Same Hilliard sprague design though. 

The Pro R is a more common spider gear diff with dog engagement style locker and 4WD mechanism (better for rock crawling). As you saw in my post, it simply broke the teeth off the R&P. Most likely from poor quality gear manufacturing and set up from the factory. 

Like most of these UTV diffs, they hold up pretty well after we set them up with more detail and fine tuning. 

i hope they are a decent car, i just picked up a Camp Rzr demo machine.  

Some people can break a bowling ball but this is what i have seen online so far.  Lower ballpoints, front sway bar, and motor mount.  

k.jpg

l.png

p.jpg

u.jpg

y.jpg

I saw the motor mount on the SxS Blog video in Glamis.  Looks like it broke right at the end of the bolt inside the mount.  Good opportunity for some aftermarket company there...

Hard desert driving on big tires. This particular driver has been very hard on all of his front diffs. I have him testing some Weddle parts for the Turbo S/RS1 diffs right now.

The Pro Turbo model uses the same diff as the Turbo S/Pro XP, but has larger splines for bigger CV joints. Same Hilliard sprague design though. 

The Pro R is a more common spider gear diff with dog engagement style locker and 4WD mechanism (better for rock crawling). As you saw in my post, it simply broke the teeth off the R&P. Most likely from poor quality gear manufacturing and set up from the factory. 

Like most of these UTV diffs, they hold up pretty well after we set them up with more detail and fine tuning. 
I had the pinion gear bolts come loose on my 2018 Can Am X3 and the front diff case gave birth to them.  What was weird is it happen after 4500+ miles.  

I had the pinion gear bolts come loose on my 2018 Can Am X3 and the front diff case gave birth to them.  What was weird is it happen after 4500+ miles.  
What's weird is when it happens in less than 500 miles. 

There are far more problems with them that we take care of. Will have some Weddle parts coming for them soon to address the bigger problems they have.

Back