New Polaris Pro R

That baja was the chit, only 19" in the rear. Handled amazing. I once hopped on course at Ridgecrest and chased down a 600+ HP Class 1 car. Had 420hp at the time.

Only car I regret selling. Almost bought it back about 6 months ago. 
Agree, my Dad used to take us EVERYWHERE in a Baja.

Whoever did the front end did a good job too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On 9/23/2022 at 1:40 PM, DTA said:

I havent been to the dunes in probably 15 years.

Plaster City isn't known for being smooth. 

This is where we play: 

As a navigator, I liked listening to the commentary. "F@*K that guy, I'm gonna have a word with him" Pure comedy :) I don't think I would want our race car conversations recorded. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think (like my Turbo S models) that these things have WAY too much body roll. It won't be hard to toss it in the dunes. Be ready to 'turn out' if you feel it's going..

abc

flop.PNG

I still think (like my Turbo S models) that these things have WAY too much body roll. It won't be hard to toss it in the dunes. Be ready to 'turn out' if you feel it's going..

abc

View attachment 45881
Spring set up and valving have a lot to do with this.  That and the sway bar along with sway bar links.  The stupid set ups like the biggest con in gd.com history drive like absolute boats.  The Pro R with a good spring set up is awesome out in the dunes.  I prefer my turbo S cars to my pro r cars, but that a whole different story. :ez:

Spring set up and valving have a lot to do with this.  That and the sway bar along with sway bar links.  The stupid set ups like the biggest con in gd.com history drive like absolute boats.  The Pro R with a good spring set up is awesome out in the dunes.  I prefer my turbo S cars to my pro r cars, but that a whole different story. :ez:
That's interesting. I'd sure love to hear your take on why you like the Turbo S better than the Pro R if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks,

abc

That's interesting. I'd sure love to hear your take on why you like the Turbo S better than the Pro R if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks,

abc
If we were talking stock vs stock, I MIGHT pick the pro r.  But my shop cars are done up with big motors and turbos.  I've had years to get the suspension exactly how I want them for the dunes.  I only have about 700 dune miles in the Pro R's.  The Pro R in stock form feels like a pig out in the sand.  Its very lazy in the turns.  It also seems very sluggish on the top end.  Where as our turbo cars pull hard throughout the powerband.  I'm not a fan of the seating position/ergonomics of the Pro R.  Throughout my racing career, I've always like a more upright seating position.  The Pro R is just too low and laid back for me.  The suspension of the Pro R out of the box is pretty legit for trails and baja style riding.  But in the dunes and big whoops, the car starts to get wonky.  I'm not sure if its the programming on the shocks, but long sets of whoops, the car starts swapping after about 30-40 yards.  Vision out of my Turbo S cars if far superior to the Pro R.  These are the few things I like more about my custom Turbo S cars compared to my mostly stocks Pro R's. :ez:   

29 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Speed at the hill or drags isn't my cup of tea.  I'm a duner.  I personally think my custom Turbo S cars are superior out in the dunes.  I have a lot more R&D into my Turbo S cars compared to my Pro R's. :ez:

:clap1:

I agree a good suspension set up and it eliminates lots of the body roll.  I feel my X3 stays planted and has very little body roll.   Tom Morris does a kick ass job with suspension on the X3.

Even when I had Ed "Poundsand" do my shocks initially on my first X3 his set up limited the body roll and that was with the front swaybar removed. 

That was us, and we are getting ready to release both replacement eyelets and retainers for the Pro-R and Turbo-R very soon. Production is gearing up, and prototypes have been being put through the paces with a few design changes along the way to improve both of the end products.. IMO ours will be the strongest eyelet available, which will be both user friendly, and will not limit travel. 
Rolled the eyelet and spring retainer out this weekend.. wicked strong, and sliders fit over them.

2874A39A-439E-41AD-8A51-5C19DCB6BBA1.jpeg

DFFB814D-4943-48DD-989A-BE7804162FC4.jpeg

Few days ago Larue posted that they had made over 600 whp. They never comment if these numbers are on stock internals or not. 33A40AEA-8F5C-487E-AABB-0310FCE3038C.png

Back