new inventory and when to buy

Ok here's an interesting one.

I got a call from Adam at Bert's. I stopped in a couple months ago just to look...told him I'm probably looking at the end of the year to get back into something.

I'm on the fence still but Turbo S4 is top contender.

Adam calls me today saying they have a lot of inventory and to come down. No can do but thanks I'll pop in when I can but told him where I am at and a couple months out at least.

He then said well, Polaris isn't gonna make anymore 72" wide models for 2022.

:kenk:  

:simrak:  Um really....what are they gonna make (as I think to myself this is typical salesman approach get it while you can cause it will never be around again)

He said just the regular 1000 and the Pro XP.

Yeah, OK thanks I'll be in touch!

That would be the DUMBEST thing Polaris could do...

I call :bs:

Anyone else here anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes ZERO sense.. they made such a big deal out of the Turbo S with the increased HP, width and clearance. Also the one with the dynamic suspension. I can't imagine they'd kill their best (IMO) and newest model(s). 

abc 

My thoughts exactly. @ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Unless they have so much inventory/parts and nothing new that they aren't building a new 72" wide for 2022.

they will just keep making the 2020-2021 model....???

Ok here's an interesting one.

I got a call from Adam at Bert's. I stopped in a couple months ago just to look...told him I'm probably looking at the end of the year to get back into something.

I'm on the fence still but Turbo S4 is top contender.

Adam calls me today saying they have a lot of inventory and to come down. No can do but thanks I'll pop in when I can but told him where I am at and a couple months out at least.

He then said well, Polaris isn't gonna make anymore 72" wide models for 2022.

:kenk:  

:simrak:  Um really....what are they gonna make (as I think to myself this is typical salesman approach get it while you can cause it will never be around again)

He said just the regular 1000 and the Pro XP.

Yeah, OK thanks I'll be in touch!

That would be the DUMBEST thing Polaris could do...

I call :bs:

Anyone else here anything. 
im hearing that he is correct! 

Per Polaris, 2022 release shows the Turbo S being dropped as is the turbo in a RZR XP model. The RZR XP will still be available in 2 & 4 seat in 64 inch wide, and as a N/A engine only. If you want a turbo you will be buying a Pro. 

Rumor has it when they announce the Pro R later this year. They will be announcing a Pro XP in 72 inch to replace the Turbo S. Polaris had to much overlap and it was effecting the sales of the higher priced Pro line up.  

Also the Pro platform is the future for Polaris. The current RZR XP 1000 will be a entry level 1000 sport machine and probably dropped all together in a year or two making the 64 in Pro the entry into sport machines. 

Here is a link to Polaris 2022 RZR line up. 
https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/side-by-sides/

Hmmmmm...

I wonder how much the Pro R 72" is gonna be?

I just don't like the look of the 64" Pro... I wonder if they'll make a 'Velocity' version that removes the screen and adjustable suspension. I specifically wanted the Velocity because I DIDN'T want those features (more stuff to break,.. just tune the suspension, done). 

The reason I got the Velocity and not the one with that extra stuff is when I rented a 4 seater XP100 Turbo from a dude that rents every model.. asked him, I said, I was going to get a new SXS and what would he choose if he had no budget limit. He sold me on the Velocity.

Anyhow, so mine might be a 'collector's item.'.. I think this is a dumb move on Polaris' part, but whatever.

abc

I just don't like the look of the 64" Pro... I wonder if they'll make a 'Velocity' version that removes the screen and adjustable suspension. I specifically wanted the Velocity because I DIDN'T want those features (more stuff to break,.. just tune the suspension, done). 

The reason I got the Velocity and not the one with that extra stuff is when I rented a 4 seater XP100 Turbo from a dude that rents every model.. asked him, I said, I was going to get a new SXS and what would he choose if he had no budget limit. He sold me on the Velocity.

Anyhow, so mine might be a 'collector's item.'.. I think this is a dumb move on Polaris' part, but whatever.

abc
Yeah, I am really leaning towards the Turbo S4 Velocity, I want the width, the HP and the wheelbase!

We'll see now.

If the Pro R comes in a 72" wide model then maybe that will work. I don't like the 4 seater in that model.

The Turbo S4 I think isn't too long for being a 4 seater, plus I'd probably remove the back seats anyways and put storage there.

We'll see....

:hethan:

200.gif

I still haven't ruled out the new Kawi either.....

Hmmmmm...

I wonder how much the Pro R 72" is gonna be?
Well the current 2022 Pro 2 seater in the top Ultimate trim which has the Dynamax Fox shocks is $29K. 

4 Seat Pro in Ultimate trim with Fox shocks is $33K. 

So I’d guess you will add $5K for this in 72 inches wide version of the Pro? 

All of the sudden the Speed UTV at $30k for both base 2 seaters or $32k for a 4 seater is not that expensive or out priced for the market. Yes that’s the Speed base model price, but look at what the base car is. It’s still going to have more power, wider, Chromoly boxed suspension & DOM chassis with the same 3.25 inch diameter IBS shocks as the two other trims. 

I still haven't ruled out the new Kawi either.....
If your not stuck on having to have a turbo and if your not strictly a sand dune guy, then the KRX is a great option. 

Another car that’s still amazing for the price is the Arctic Cat XX. For 2022 they have 3 trims starting at $21.2K and the top trim is only $1200 more then the base. For 22 they have upgraded the Fox 2.5 shocks valving and to have better bottom out control. They have a new ADAPT CVT clutch that Arctic cat designed to replace the Team clutching. The ADAPT clutch has been on their sleds with great success. They also redesigned the axles last year to solve the boot issues. But for $1000 you can get the Speed axles and never have any issues again. SpeedSXS is still going to continue to build and support the XX with accessories and upgrades for the XX. Oh and the XX is still the highest HP N/A UTV in the market with 130 hp. 

Just noticed Bass Pro’s Tracker off road XX is still listed at $17,999 “No haggle pricing”  same car just says Tracker vs Arctic Cat and it’s black. 

Well the current 2022 Pro 2 seater in the top Ultimate trim which has the Dynamax Fox shocks is $29K. 

4 Seat Pro in Ultimate trim with Fox shocks is $33K. 

So I’d guess you will add $5K for this in 72 inches wide version of the Pro? 

All of the sudden the Speed UTV at $30k for both base 2 seaters or $32k for a 4 seater is not that expensive or out priced for the market. Yes that’s the Speed base model price, but look at what the base car is. It’s still going to have more power, wider, Chromoly boxed suspension & DOM chassis with the same 3.25 inch diameter IBS shocks as the two other trims. 
I love the Speed UTV Truck one....I wonder if they make that one in a 72" wide model?

All I see is 77" wide which is way too wide for me. But the 110" wheelbase is Perfect!

I'm thinking I make score a deal on turbo S4 if they do any sort of clearance, but that is hopeful wishing.

I don't want the dynamix...like @ANGRYBUTTCRACK just more to go wrong.

If the Pro R 72" in a less trim is around the 25-27 mark that might be doable..

My goal is to have my truck paid off by October and I am on track to do so....3 years early!

Then back into a toy, just which one...Not sure.

Maybe the kawi will come out with a turbo by then end of the year???

Doubtful! :lmao:

I love the Speed UTV Truck one....I wonder if they make that one in a 72" wide model?

All I see is 77" wide which is way too wide for me. But the 110" wheelbase is Perfect!

I'm thinking I make score a deal on turbo S4 if they do any sort of clearance, but that is hopeful wishing.

I don't want the dynamix...like @ANGRYBUTTCRACK just more to go wrong.

If the Pro R 72" in a less trim is around the 25-27 mark that might be doable..

My goal is to have my truck paid off by October and I am on track to do so....3 years early!

Then back into a toy, just which one...Not sure.

Maybe the kawi will come out with a turbo by then end of the year???

Doubtful! :lmao:
Yes I suspect you will see a 72 or 74 from Speed. I know the smaller Bandit will get released as a 77 and 72 or 74. Earlier this year their was a chassis tube change in the rear fender bed side area to a accommodate for a 72 in width tire clearance. So I’d expect at some point a 72 or 74 will get released. Maybe in a second year model. It’s going to be if the consumer demands it for all 3 models. But because all 3 models share the same chassis, all 3 will have the ability.

I won’t say how I know this, but Speed is releasing the “Ferrari” of UTV’s first, where the industry starts with utility and then goes entry sport and then high performance sport. Speed UTV has plans of releasing lower tier sport machines later on down the road. From my gathering in a few years we might see a Speed UTV in the XP1000, XX, KRX market. I also think part of the settlement with Textron/Arctic Cat was Speed UTV can’t compete in the same category as the XX. So that would eliminate the 64 N/A category for a specific time period. 

I was listing to the latest SXSguys podcast on YouTube. Once you fast forward through the first 30 min of them talking about all the stuff they are doing, they got to some interesting stuff. One of the guys said he has confirmation that Kawi has something impressive in the works. He said he’s under a NDA or something, but all he can say is somethings coming. Not sure when? Maybe next year? But Kawi wants to play in this market. One of the guys on the podcast is the marketing rep for Full Throttle battery, and they are talking with manufactures all the time and bidding contracts, and so many times they get a glimpse of what could be coming. 

They also mention that they have heard rumblings out if the Yamaha camp that they are working on a refresh or new model. Some patent stuff was found awhile back. But patents don’t mean it will be built or used. Many times it’s to protect or keep someone else from doing it. But history has shown Yamaha like Honda will always stay on the conservative side. 

Interesting article in the WSJ about Polaris. In May they raised prices on all products & vehicles 2.5% and might have to do another increase this year due to rising cost, shortages and transportation issues & costs. One way to increase the cost might be to increase or add surcharges for transportation or a commodity cost. 

Also they are seeing order & delivery times increase to 6-10 weeks, as the can’t build enough vehicle to meet demand. They have even redesigned the gauge clusters to use more readily available chips. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/polaris-considers-more-price-increases-11627646400

it got to the point where it was no longer about looking for a deal and just looking for inventory. i picked up a 2021 velocity over the weekend. thank you @Sand Shark for telling me about wheels in motion. they were one of the only dealerships i could find one at and they were easy to deal with. now just wait for the sand show to start looking for some upgrades for it. nothing crazy just want to do paddles, new cage with roof and some lights. i think for my driving ability and the rides my group go on the power and suspension will be more than i need. 

velocity.jpg

it got to the point where it was no longer about looking for a deal and just looking for inventory. i picked up a 2021 velocity over the weekend. thank you @Sand Shark for telling me about wheels in motion. they were one of the only dealerships i could find one at and they were easy to deal with. now just wait for the sand show to start looking for some upgrades for it. nothing crazy just want to do paddles, new cage with roof and some lights. i think for my driving ability and the rides my group go on the power and suspension will be more than i need. 

View attachment 11126
Congrats on the New toy

View attachment 11126
Congrats!!!   Glad you were able to find one in stock.  I have heard good things about Wheels in Motion.  

Now the fun of buying all the goodies. 

Interesting article in the WSJ about Polaris. In May they raised prices on all products & vehicles 2.5% and might have to do another increase this year due to rising cost, shortages and transportation issues & costs. One way to increase the cost might be to increase or add surcharges for transportation or a commodity cost. 

Also they are seeing order & delivery times increase to 6-10 weeks, as the can’t build enough vehicle to meet demand. They have even redesigned the gauge clusters to use more readily available chips. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/polaris-considers-more-price-increases-11627646400
Nikal-Hows your Speed UTV coming long?

Back