new inventory and when to buy

If Textron would put a turbo in the XX it would be even better.   
Definitely, but we know that won’t happen. Textron/Arctic Cat just doesn’t get the market. Just like they don’t think there is a market for a 4 seat XX?? And at 130hp the XX has plenty of HP for the AZ desert and Plaster City /Superstition where he rides. His RZR was only 110hp, so he gained 20hp from his RZR 1000. Heck my XP900 has 88 hp and goes everywhere the guys in my group go, and I’m not holding them up. IMO more HP is only important if your climbing dunes. 

Definitely, but we know that won’t happen. Textron/Arctic Cat just doesn’t get the market. Just like they don’t think there is a market for a 4 seat XX?? And at 130hp the XX has plenty of HP for the AZ desert and Plaster City /Superstition where he rides. His RZR was only 110hp, so he gained 20hp from his RZR 1000. Heck my XP900 has 88 hp and goes everywhere the guys in my group go, and I’m not holding them up. IMO more HP is only important if your climbing dunes. 
The XX is great in the desert.  Even better with some shock work.  

I agree! Unless you live in a place where you want to ride in the summer time, why buy at a premium just to sit in the garage until October, all the while making payments. 

I also think you will see more inventory by the end of the year. Not sure if that will equate to sales, deals, 0% interest etc.. But it might take the mark up over MSRP off that your seeing right now. That mark up is strictly a supply and demand fee and the dealers can get it. Once inventory gets out no one will pay a mark up Fee. 

Veys in El Cajon is a Can Am, Kawi and soon to be Speed dealer. They said right now the cars they have coming in already have deposits on them. Basically sold before they get delivered. I did not ask, but I’m sure they have charged over MSRP

Now with all this said I did have a friend in AZ just buy a Arctic Cat XX. Not sure if the dealer, but it was a new 21 and he said he got it for $19,000 plus fees. I think MSRP was $19.9? So while not a deal, it was not marked up either. The main reason he got it was his nephew has a XX and he was so surprised at the ride vs his RZR, plus he has a prosthetic robot leg and the XX is easier and more comfortable for him. He had a buyer for his RZR that sold for only a few grand less then the new XX. He said basically he got a new UTV for a few thousand dollars. 
I'm curious how exactly the inventory will get better by the end of the year. Do you have some insight from the factories?  Enquiring minds want to know....

I'm curious how exactly the inventory will get better by the end of the year. Do you have some insight from the factories?  Enquiring minds want to know....
I just got word another big increase coming for steel, plastic resin and copper at the end of June or early July, expected another 10-15% jump minimum is what they are saying. 

Not thinking that it's going to get much better for the inventory and the prices are going to be skyrocketing 

I just got word another big increase coming for steel, plastic resin and copper at the end of June or early July, expected another 10-15% jump minimum is what they are saying. 

Not thinking that it's going to get much better for the inventory and the prices are going to be skyrocketing 

Say hello to 10 year financing of UTVs if the pricing continues to go up.  These increases could really screw up Speed UTV with the locked in pricing on however many cars it was.  They may be producing them at a loss. 

Had my YXZ listed on Craigslist and I received more calls from dealerships who wanted to buy than private party's .  Under normal circumstances I would figure they wanted to get me in the showroom ow ball me on my car and only way I leave is with a new unit on the trailer.  With limited supply that probably wasn't the plan. So why was four different Ride Now dealerships even interested in my 5 year old YXZ?  Makes me think they are buying up used inventory to have something to sell.
I have sold 4 Harley's this month to my local dealer. They can't find them fast enough. I love buying and selling so this has been fun for me. I've made about 10k so far.

I have sold 4 Harley's this month to my local dealer. They can't find them fast enough. I love buying and selling so this has been fun for me. I've made about 10k so far.
Jim, you buying local or out of state? 

Say hello to 10 year financing of UTVs if the pricing continues to go up.  These increases could really screw up Speed UTV with the locked in pricing on however many cars it was.  They may be producing them at a loss. 
Speed might just slow there roll 

Robbie.jpeg

Was in the dealership today hoping to sit in a turbo s or pro. Decent sized dealership. The said they are all pre order now. No inventory. $1000 deposits and delivery by end of June. No more 2021 Velocities being built either.

They also offered to consign my old car for free just to have some inventory.  Said guys come in to buy new and don't want to wait and buy used and they make there money throwing parts at them.

20210519_143136.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
got an email from coyne motorsports yesterday about a RZR sales event and the sale was 25% off accessories. there were a couple 2 seat rzrs that had a 2k discount. 

got an email from coyne motorsports yesterday about a RZR sales event and the sale was 25% off accessories. there were a couple 2 seat rzrs that had a 2k discount. 
If you go to the website and look at there current inventory they don't have much.  I think it was maybe 4 2 seat XP1000s.  I wonder if they will give the 2K discount if you place an order for one.   I am sure they will get that 2K discount by trying to get full pop for dealer set up fees.  

Check with Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth, CA.  (Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley).   They have some Polaris XPs in stock and I believe they do not charge dealer set up fees.

https://www.wheelsinmotionmc.com/new-powersports-vehicles-for-sale-santa-clarita-ca--inventory?category=utility vehicle&condition=new&pg=3

Well with all of this supply shortage I don't feel as guilty dumping another 10k into my YXZ now.

If you go to the website and look at there current inventory they don't have much.  I think it was maybe 4 2 seat XP1000s.  I wonder if they will give the 2K discount if you place an order for one.   I am sure they will get that 2K discount by trying to get full pop for dealer set up fees.  

Check with Wheels in Motion in Chatsworth, CA.  (Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley).   They have some Polaris XPs in stock and I believe they do not charge dealer set up fees.

https://www.wheelsinmotionmc.com/new-powersports-vehicles-for-sale-santa-clarita-ca--inventory?category=utility vehicle&condition=new&pg=3
thank you for that link. looked at their site and got excited when i saw the S velocity 4, that was the one i was looking at. but they are sold. looks like they charge destination fee but thats it, if that is the case it makes them about $2700 cheaper than everyone else. ill keep checking their site.  its crazy how fast these things are going. hope in a few months when im ready to buy one i can get one. found out velocity is not really an option anymore still not sure between canam or rzr. at least i still have about 5 months till season starts. i really dont want to sit out another season. 

thank you for that link. looked at their site and got excited when i saw the S velocity 4, that was the one i was looking at. but they are sold. looks like they charge destination fee but thats it, if that is the case it makes them about $2700 cheaper than everyone else. ill keep checking their site.  its crazy how fast these things are going. hope in a few months when im ready to buy one i can get one. found out velocity is not really an option anymore still not sure between canam or rzr. at least i still have about 5 months till season starts. i really dont want to sit out another season. 
Honestly, if your going to go with a Turbo S I would get the dynamix model in the Turbo S.  They ride super nice and with a spring kit they ride even better. 

I will be in the market for a new SXS soon and I am dreading trying to find one and not get completely raped by the dealer.  I will be looking for a 2 seat Can Am though. 

I had similar issues in buying my new Honda Talon with Fox live valve suspension.  Low inventory, higher prices, etc.  I ended up going out of CA to purchase it.

I have a friend currently Looking for a Talon 4 seat Live valve.. He can't find any.. He thinks maybe more will trickle in during summer I tend to disagree in my opinion on this..My personal feeling is very low inventory till at least Fall if Not winter..I think the next models released will be 2022 models

Honestly, if your going to go with a Turbo S I would get the dynamix model in the Turbo S.  They ride super nice and with a spring kit they ride even better. 

I will be in the market for a new SXS soon and I am dreading trying to find one and not get completely raped by the dealer.  I will be looking for a 2 seat Can Am though. 
No mythical Speed UTV?

im not sold on the either the rzr or the can am. i was looking at the velocity rzr as it was a small upgrade from the base model and like 5k less than the higher end. i want the wider model but the type of rides my group does i dont need a top of the line car. was planning on getting what ever one i can get a better deal on. only thing im worried about in the can am is the seating position. i used to sitting up not the more laid back seat position of the can am. but in the 32k range car the can am has more power than the rzr.  i was hoping to be around 25k and that is the price point of the velocity. but if i have to go up in price because of little inventory then i guess i just have to bite the bullet and spend more than i really wanted to. 

Back