new inventory and when to buy

im not sold on the either the rzr or the can am. i was looking at the velocity rzr as it was a small upgrade from the base model and like 5k less than the higher end. i want the wider model but the type of rides my group does i dont need a top of the line car. was planning on getting what ever one i can get a better deal on. only thing im worried about in the can am is the seating position. i used to sitting up not the more laid back seat position of the can am. but in the 32k range car the can am has more power than the rzr.  i was hoping to be around 25k and that is the price point of the velocity. but if i have to go up in price because of little inventory then i guess i just have to bite the bullet and spend more than i really wanted to. 
With the Can Am you can get seat risers that move the rear of the seat up so you are not laid back as much.  The visibility does take some getting use to.  Especially on trails where you are cresting something.  

With a Can Am there is for sure some things that need to be done after purchase.  The Polaris there is not much to do after you purchase.  Once you get the feeling of the Rotax motor in the Can Am it is hard to drive something else.   It makes up for all the short comings of the X3.  

If you do not mind the looks the Polaris XP Pro is actually a nice car.  You get extra wheelbase over a standard XP.  A beefier frame and the drive line is beefed up.  Although it is 64" wide it is very stable with the 96" wheelbase.  It is 181 or 182hp, which is not bad.  It comes in 3 different trim levels. 

I was at a dealer today just kind of getting a feeler on pricing.  It was not a good feeler.  LOL!    When I am ready to buy I will just walk in with some KY and tell them to be gentle.  LOL!!!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking for a new SXS and called a few dealers.  Holy Crap are some of these dealers on crack!!!  $4,000-$5,000 over MSRP with the dealer fees.  Each dealer had the balls to claim they do not charge as much as others.  Had another dealer show inventory on the website and when you call they have nothing.

Finally found a new X3 in AZ for a very reasonable price.   

I am looking for a new SXS and called a few dealers.  Holy Crap are some of these dealers on crack!!!  $4,000-$5,000 over MSRP with the dealer fees.  Each dealer had the balls to claim they do not charge as much as others.  Had another dealer show inventory on the website and when you call they have nothing.

Finally found a new X3 in AZ for a very reasonable price.   
the dealer fees are crazy. glad you got one for a good price. about 3 more months and ill really start looking for one, im not excited about the process but ill be happy when its done and i dont have to miss out on trips because i dont have anything to ride. 

with Low inventory and prices out of control I might be Guarding camp next season.Guess I need to find a good chair

the dealer fees are crazy. glad you got one for a good price. about 3 more months and ill really start looking for one, im not excited about the process but ill be happy when its done and i dont have to miss out on trips because i dont have anything to ride. 
Honestly I would start looking now.  Inventory does not seem to be getting better and it does not look like it will improve much before the end of the year.  Most of the cars the dealers have are already pre-sold.  As you are not in a rush you can keep hammering away at the dealers that have some for sale.    I know the Can Am dealers get a trickling of cars based on their allotment for the year.   The dealer I just got my new ride from does not have another 2 seater coming for a while.  

I got lucky with finding my new ride.  My friend's dad works at the dealership and gave me the heads up that it was being delivered and was not pre-sold.   It was actually one of the easier deals I have done.   I had no intention of going out of state, but the local dealers really gave me no choice. Just had to make a road trip to Lake Havasu yesterday to get it, which is not too far.   The pricing was several thousand dollars less then anything around me.    Lake Havasu Powersports was super easy to deal with too.  

Well I had an eye opener Yesterday as I went to 3 different dealers looking at a 2021 Can am Max RR.. Same car I had a few friends buy back in Nov for 36k OTD is now 40k OTD.. I was told by one dealer that they were only doing a 3500 dollar markup instead of the 6500 like everyone else..I understand all the covid BS and all but I was like you want me to pay 4k more for a car at the end of the 2021 run? I passed and said thank you and will see what happens maybe something at the Sand show maybe not ?

Well I had an eye opener Yesterday as I went to 3 different dealers looking at a 2021 Can am Max RR.. Same car I had a few friends buy back in Nov for 36k OTD is now 40k OTD.. I was told by one dealer that they were only doing a 3500 dollar markup instead of the 6500 like everyone else..I understand all the covid BS and all but I was like you want me to pay 4k more for a car at the end of the 2021 run? I passed and said thank you and will see what happens maybe something at the Sand show maybe not ?
I don't see the pricing getting any better.  Even at the Sand Show.  Dealer inventory is really low and not looking to improve anytime soon.  I was reading some article the other day that say supply chains are still jacked up.  I don't think anything is going to improve until some point next year. 

If you can get a new one for MSRP, plus freight and tax you are doing excellent.  Locally if you can get the dealer to knock the mark up down to $2,000 you are doing good.  Crazy times!

I don't see the pricing getting any better.  Even at the Sand Show.  Dealer inventory is really low and not looking to improve anytime soon.  I was reading some article the other day that say supply chains are still jacked up.  I don't think anything is going to improve until some point next year. 

If you can get a new one for MSRP, plus freight and tax you are doing excellent.  Locally if you can get the dealer to knock the mark up down to $2,000 you are doing good.  Crazy times!
Yea I emailed an offer too two dealers this morning that I talked too Yesterday.. we will see what Happens.

Don’t plan on buying a Can Am anytime soon! Looks like the Mexico plant burnt to the ground! I thought there were two plants down there, so maybe they move production, if possible? 

B4B60240-E0BD-483A-B755-DBEDB8231251.jpeg4ED8C86B-F42F-47D9-8CAB-3C8472DA18CD.jpeg
0C3554C8-2245-45EF-9AEE-CB8F82D71A28.jpeg
42E7C0C2-59ED-4E7A-AF0D-AF68AAE91D11.jpeg08FEF413-DA90-4DB0-AE77-4579964CED11.jpeg

Yea I emailed an offer too two dealers this morning that I talked too Yesterday.. we will see what Happens.

I wish you luck.  With the fire at the Can Am plant in Mexico that torched X3s inventory is going to be even tighter. 

Don’t plan on buying a Can Am anytime soon! Looks like the Mexico plant burnt to the ground! I thought there were two plants down there, so maybe they move production, if possible? 

View attachment 9428View attachment 9430
View attachment 9429
View attachment 9433View attachment 9434
The plant did not burn down.  Just all the vehicles outside waiting to be shipped or parts put on them.   Either way Can Am will be really short on inventory and I would not be surprised if they hold back on announcing 2022 models until the end of the year. 

well i was still undecided between the canam and the Rzr, i guess ill be going rzr now if there is no can am inventory. 

just hope i dont miss this season due to not being able to get find a ride to buy. 

well i was still undecided between the canam and the Rzr, i guess ill be going rzr now if there is no can am inventory. 

just hope i dont miss this season due to not being able to get find a ride to buy. 
Can Am has resumed production.  The fire only destroyed cars in the outside area.

Inventory between Can Am and Polaris is pretty slim.  

Well Coyne was playing Games I didnt like I wont get into it..Mountain Motorsports is gonna call me tomorrow and let me know when they get their next shipment.The guy there said no worries shipments are coming in

Well Coyne was playing Games I didnt like I wont get into it..Mountain Motorsports is gonna call me tomorrow and let me know when they get their next shipment.The guy there said no worries shipments are coming in
Can I guess at the Coyne games?  Does it start with the ADM is $5,000, but we are not charging as much as the others and we will discount the freight to $2,500.00, even though we pay $750?  or we will sell you a unit but you have to purchase a warranty at full price?  Coyne is not my choice when purchasing.  Surprisingly there parts depart is great when you need something when in Glamis.  They stock a lot of stuff. 

Check with Corona Motorsports those guys are usually pretty straight forward.  If you don't mind driving the dealer I got my X3 from is super easy to deal with and make deals over the phone.  

Yea Coyne was full of Games first it was the car was X amount. then Monday they texted me I said no thats eniterly too much then all of a sudden it was 2k cheaper. then the next day it was if you want this car you better send us a pic of your credit card  and DL so we can get a 1000 dollar deposit. I ignored it and then kept getting Text messages that if I dont get there the car is going on a truck to El centro.Finally after me ignoring the calls and text messages the entire day I think they got an idea. I talked to another dealer and the guy actually showed me their paperwork that more cars are scheduled too come in within a month so thats all I know now

i ordered mine may 5 got it about 6 weeks ago. my buddy ordered his may 5 only 30 mins after i did, he still doesn't have his, and looks like it will be between aug 15 and sept 15 now. i should check mine out, i wonder if it has an engine lol, mine was still 2 weeks after approx date, but it came in, the night before pickup i fell over my trailer and hurt my leg and still haven't even sat in it, i can't get up on the trailer lol. so it sits in storage

Back