new inventory and when to buy

jareddustin

Reaction score
with all the covid madness, most places are very limited on new inventory. i am looking to pick up a new 4 seat, can am or Polaris im not really set on either one, deciding factor was going to be what one i can get the best deal on. my original plan is to wait until the sand show in September and get one there as they normally have some good deals on at the show and most the major shops are in one place so its easy to compare. im now wondering if there will be the inventory to fill the sand show and if there will even be any good deals going on. since places cant keep them in stock the dealerships dont have to offer any type of deals.

i was wondering others thoughts on this, do you think waiting until September is a good idea? do you think there will be more inventory and some decent deals? i want to buy new for a couple reasons..... had not so great luck buying used toys, i want the warranty, and i need to finance as i only have about half the cash upfront. also i dont ride at all in the summer so i dont see any benefit to buying now and making monthly payments on something that will just sit there for 5 months until season starts. that 4-5 months can also give me a little more time to save more money to put down. 

A good deal is hard to find. Most places are adding charges to the msrp and the used market is no better. A lot of the for sales still have bank financed notes and every one is trying to make money past what they owe driving up the price. I have a buddy wanting to sell his 2020 RR but he asking 28k and it’s fully stock. 

If your in no rush, then I do not see a reason to go buy one now absent a smoking deal.  Inventory should get better as the year goes on.  Plus the 2022 models will be announced by July or August.   

A good deal is hard to find. Most places are adding charges to the msrp and the used market is no better. A lot of the for sales still have bank financed notes and every one is trying to make money past what they owe driving up the price. I have a buddy wanting to sell his 2020 RR but he asking 28k and it’s fully stock. 
depending on condition he will probably get close to that asking price. 

If your in no rush, then I do not see a reason to go buy one now absent a smoking deal.  Inventory should get better as the year goes on.  Plus the 2022 models will be announced by July or August.   
i could not remember when the new models got released but i remember sales on last year models. i would even be happy if they brought back the 0% for 36 months. i would jump on that. i just hope im not walking into a situation where there are no deals on the price and/or no deal on financing. 

I have a few friends that bought out state recently, both bought them from a dealership in Utah.  Sorry, don't know any more details

i could not remember when the new models got released but i remember sales on last year models. i would even be happy if they brought back the 0% for 36 months. i would jump on that. i just hope im not walking into a situation where there are no deals on the price and/or no deal on financing. 
I don't see any great finance rates being offered right now as they are selling them as quickly as they can get them to the dealers.  Maybe when the hot weather hits the southwest the sales will slow down and they will offer finance incentives. 

I have a 2021 Turbo S 4 seat on order at a dealership in Utah. Paid 500 under msrp minus a $1000 (veterans) rebate from Polaris. They have extended the estimated delivery a few times (a month total). Supposed to show up in June at this point. 

I ordered/bought a 2021 turbo s dynamix that is due end of month.

I gave 2500.00 under msrp and got the 4yr ext warranty for 1200.00. yes that's right, got the 1k rebate also and % off accessories so i bought the bumpers, winch and sliders and they install for free.

I was told depending on the ranking of the dealership, is how the allocations are allotted currently.

I was going out of state and made one more call and found my dealership is in top 10 in country and top 2 in warranty repairs. they get a full allocation of sxs's and i got a great deal and didnt' have to drive to wichita to order. 

Currently polaris is only allowing the turbo s dynamix and the base turbo in the turbo models to be ordered. velocity is not available at this time.

I wasn't even looking to buy a turbo s, i had my 2016 xp1k 2 seater that I threw on facebook because my buddy was going to buy a turbo model. 

I put it out at 16k, I gave 11k for it a little over a year ago and it only had 12 hours on it, fully decked out with all polaris accessories, guy decided he didnt like to get dirty after he bought it, I got a great deal on it also! I put it up for sale and a couple drove from amarillo to pick it up first weekend. these crazy things are selling like crazy used right now, I never thought I'd get that much for mine, and never expected to sell it, and that fast. had 3 people fighting to get here to get it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I gave 2500.00 under msrp and got the 4yr ext warranty for 1200.00. yes that's right, got the 1k rebate also and % off accessories so i bought the bumpers, winch and sliders and they install for free.

I was told depending on the ranking of the dealership, is how the allocations are allotted currently.

I was going out of state and made one more call and found my dealership is in top 10 in country and top 2 in warranty repairs. they get a full allocation of sxs's and i got a great deal and didnt' have to drive to wichita to order. 

Currently polaris is only allowing the turbo s dynamix and the base turbo in the turbo models to be ordered. velocity is not available at this time.

I wasn't even looking to buy a turbo s, i had my 2016 xp1k 2 seater that I threw on facebook because my buddy was going to buy a turbo model. 

I put it out at 16k, I gave 11k for it a little over a year ago and it only had 12 hours on it, fully decked out with all polaris accessories, guy decided he didnt like to get dirty after he bought it, I got a great deal on it also! I put it up for sale and a couple drove from amarillo to pick it up first weekend. these crazy things are selling like crazy used right now, I never thought I'd get that much for mine, and never expected to sell it, and that fast. had 3 people fighting to get here to get it. 
That's a good deal, I could have gotten it cheaper locally due to relationships down here but I wanted to establish a relationship in the area Im moving to and I get to pick it up street legal with plates. Congrats  :clap:

That's a good deal, I could have gotten it cheaper locally due to relationships down here but I wanted to establish a relationship in the area Im moving to and I get to pick it up street legal with plates. Congrats  :clap:
we just passed the street legal deal here also, just no highways or interstates, but I don't think i'll do it for a while. when he told me the price i had to repeat it a couple times, because another dealer in town was at msrp, wouldn't budge, but no set up or doc fees. this place beat it with no doc and set up fees either. i was texting my buddy and told him he had to commit thru me right now so he could get the same deal lol. 

Kinda wish i could have afforded the 4 seater!

the velocity is the one i was looking at if i end up with a rzr, thought it was a good mid level rzr, i would like something a little better than the base model but i dont need the top of the line. 

I really don't think its going to get cheaper. I think the market will continue this path for a while. The only thing that will change is a lot of smaller dealerships will have a difficult time to keep up and open when they get very little if any inventory. The Big Dogs (Dealers) will get the majority of the available inventory. It's happening in cars, boats and RV's. I hope for the best to all Mom and Pop dealers out there. 

IMG_3425.jpg

Had my YXZ listed on Craigslist and I received more calls from dealerships who wanted to buy than private party's .  Under normal circumstances I would figure they wanted to get me in the showroom ow ball me on my car and only way I leave is with a new unit on the trailer.  With limited supply that probably wasn't the plan. So why was four different Ride Now dealerships even interested in my 5 year old YXZ?  Makes me think they are buying up used inventory to have something to sell.

Had my YXZ listed on Craigslist and I received more calls from dealerships who wanted to buy than private party's .  Under normal circumstances I would figure they wanted to get me in the showroom ow ball me on my car and only way I leave is with a new unit on the trailer.  With limited supply that probably wasn't the plan. So why was four different Ride Now dealerships even interested in my 5 year old YXZ?  Makes me think they are buying up used inventory to have something to sell.
That would be correct my brother. There are people selling 2-4 year old Ford Super Duty trucks for anywhere from 2-10K more than they paid to the same dealer they bought it from. 

the velocity is the one i was looking at if i end up with a rzr, thought it was a good mid level rzr, i would like something a little better than the base model but i dont need the top of the line. 
thats the one i wanted also, but no dice. not taking orders on them. i hear they are making changes that's why that model was pulled from production.

I agree! Unless you live in a place where you want to ride in the summer time, why buy at a premium just to sit in the garage until October, all the while making payments. 

I also think you will see more inventory by the end of the year. Not sure if that will equate to sales, deals, 0% interest etc.. But it might take the mark up over MSRP off that your seeing right now. That mark up is strictly a supply and demand fee and the dealers can get it. Once inventory gets out no one will pay a mark up Fee. 

Veys in El Cajon is a Can Am, Kawi and soon to be Speed dealer. They said right now the cars they have coming in already have deposits on them. Basically sold before they get delivered. I did not ask, but I’m sure they have charged over MSRP

Now with all this said I did have a friend in AZ just buy a Arctic Cat XX. Not sure if the dealer, but it was a new 21 and he said he got it for $19,000 plus fees. I think MSRP was $19.9? So while not a deal, it was not marked up either. The main reason he got it was his nephew has a XX and he was so surprised at the ride vs his RZR, plus he has a prosthetic robot leg and the XX is easier and more comfortable for him. He had a buyer for his RZR that sold for only a few grand less then the new XX. He said basically he got a new UTV for a few thousand dollars. 

I agree! Unless you live in a place where you want to ride in the summer time, why buy at a premium just to sit in the garage until October, all the while making payments. 

I also think you will see more inventory by the end of the year. Not sure if that will equate to sales, deals, 0% interest etc.. But it might take the mark up over MSRP off that your seeing right now. That mark up is strictly a supply and demand fee and the dealers can get it. Once inventory gets out no one will pay a mark up Fee. 

Veys in El Cajon is a Can Am, Kawi and soon to be Speed dealer. They said right now the cars they have coming in already have deposits on them. Basically sold before they get delivered. I did not ask, but I’m sure they have charged over MSRP

Now with all this said I did have a friend in AZ just buy a Arctic Cat XX. Not sure if the dealer, but it was a new 21 and he said he got it for $19,000 plus fees. I think MSRP was $19.9? So while not a deal, it was not marked up either. The main reason he got it was his nephew has a XX and he was so surprised at the ride vs his RZR, plus he has a prosthetic robot leg and the XX is easier and more comfortable for him. He had a buyer for his RZR that sold for only a few grand less then the new XX. He said basically he got a new UTV for a few thousand dollars. 
If Textron would put a turbo in the XX it would be even better.   

Back