I'm leaving!

Do you know how to bypass the security if your fob dies or is lost, etc ?  Also is the shortened front fenders a So Cal style ?

I've never seen that before. Some day I hope to ride the Dragon. Thanks for the pics.
This happened to a friend of mine! Lost his FOB

Was a total pain in the butt. Since he bought the bike second hand and the dealer the original guy bought it from closed down years ago there was no paperwork...nothing.

Had to take it to another HD shop and order a whole new computer and FOB.

What is this sequence thing and how do you do that?

I'll tell Brett for future reference!

Thanks and @matt86m this is so cool!

:thumb:

I did a quick search on YouTubes.  I dont know crap about Harleys, so not sure which of these would pertain, but there are a LOT of these.

300+ miles today. Few more states checked off the list.  Made it to Poconos. Check out https://losthighwayshow.com/

We’ll be here till Sunday

@Hondajimz I haven’t set my pin. Im 3rd owner of the bike and dont know if the orig owner changed it from factory. I should look that up

The small front fender is just a prefrence thing. Trying to make it my own. 

Rode the streets of DC. By the Washington & Lincoln memorial. White House off in the distance. Morning traffic was though and we were over it. Through a tunnell, under water in Maryland and rode across a bridge to New Jersey. 

Friday/Saturday update. 

Been at the Lost Highway show. Watched Seth Enslow & friends, Marshall Tucker Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd! Great concert venue. Acoustics are great in the remodeled amphitheater. Skynyrd rocked the house!

Not much riding but we did go to Poconos Harley Davidson for a charity ride with Warrior Built Foundation. 

One of the boys had their key chain and HD fob fall off his belt. It got ran over and we didnt know till we got the the venue. Recovery mission and we found it but it was busted up so back to the dealership we went. Good thing they were able to program another. Good save and we are scheduled to go thru New York on our way to Maine. 

There’s a lobsta roll in my future somewhere!

IMG_6385.png

DDC2633D-6831-4C15-8269-2BC5AEA14DBF.jpeg

IMG_6371.jpeg

IMG_6386.png

Well when Harley says 25lbs max weight in the tour pack they mean it! 

Downtown New York, Rogies tour pack gave out! Call out to the MC community on social media and here we are in Massachusetts! Friend in the industry made some calls and he’s getting hooked up with another tour pack  

Once again a breakdown is fixed and saved the ride  

Underside of the pack

IMG_6400.jpeg

IMG_6401.jpeg

New Hampshire into Vermont makes 45 and 48 on US states.

New Hampshire into Vermont makes 45 and 48 on US states.

I’ll update more later today.

Made it to the notell motell in Vermont. Beautiful country & back roads today. 
tomorrow its 600 miles to Ohio to a friends house for the night. 

Not much to report today so ill leave you with this! For some reason they gave Jerry amd I the oldman bathroom!

IMG_6417.jpeg

Another 600+ mile day and 2 more states checked off the list. Now 47 of 48 ConUS. 
Landed in Ohio at a friend of Rogies. He owns and drives Bad Habit, a jeep themed monster truck. Cool shop, huge toter/trailer and great 10 acre home. 

Tomorrow we visit the Henry Ford museum, that should be cool! 

IMG_6423.jpeg

IMG_6424.jpeg

Yup! That’s my bike! 

A penguin is eating icecream. Another walks up after he finishes and asks,,,,

did you blow a seal?

Had a fork seal let go yesterday or the day before. Got a little oil bath on the front end of the bike. Did a little redneck engineering for the 300 mile ride to Perry HD in Michigan. They were great! The manager had been following the ROAL 2.0 since we left. He follows Rogie and Jerry and sent a message saying if we needed anything to call ahead and they would help out. 

Rogie called and hooked me up with Jeremy, talked about what i needed and he said they’d be waiting for me. Made the 300 mile run and sure enough they were. Had the parts waiting, even put off a local since we were coming in. Jerry and I went directly to the dealership, the other boys went to the Henry Ford museum and detroit Steel Wheel Co. then met up with us. 

Great group of guys and the mechanuc was very thorough and checked everything on the front end  even had them change the oil, we are 5200 miles in and this should get me home  

IMG_6439.jpeg

the RE:

IMG_6430.jpeg

IMG_6431.jpeg

Plastic wrap and vinyl tape for the win  

Tomorrow is the Harley museum then onto Minnesota for the night 

Another day another trip to a dealership!

Jerry’s chain got ugly and needed a new one. Luckly they had one! About $500 later we were back on the road! 

Got a tour of House of Harley. Pretty cool. 

Jerry will be selling his bike when we get back. Here he is checking out his next ride. 
IMG_6453.png

Found a shady spot to relax while they worked on his bike. 

IMG_6445.jpeg

Tomorrow is a 600 mile day to South Dakota!

And we’re off!

IMG_6454.jpeg

Jerry picked up something on an offramp, it punctured a hole in his front tire and blew out the carbon fiber fender! 

Hole is so big a triple plug wouldnt stay in! 

I know the roadside shenanigans is part of thr adventure and all...... but enough already...  LOL 

Back