I'm leaving!

600 miles to Memphis. 130 in the rain then 90* to dry out. 2 road fixes today. My twist throttle backed out, throttle by wire. Easy fix. Then a flat rear tire. Quick plug and back on the road. 

Tomorrow its Birmingham Alabama for the Barbers motorcycle museum then Chattanooga Tennessee for the night. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode thru 4 states today only to end up back in the one we started in. 

Tennessee to Mississippi to Alabama then up through Alabama through Georgia (a small corner) and back into Tennessee. 

lots of 90* weather qnd then the rain hit. Today featured thunder and lightening! 

Had to put a bike on a tow truck again today when one of the guys hit a piece of a cement trucks drive shaft! Lucky he didnt go down. Front wheel is bent and tire is flat. While waiting for the tow truck the rear went flat. Thats when he found the dent in the rear. 

200 mile ride to our friends shop that we will go too tomorrow for oil changes. He will be waiting. Hopefully John has a full set of wheels and tires to get Rogie theu the rest of thw trip. 

450 miles total for today. 

Tune it tomorrow to see what the day brings. We are riding Tail of the Dragon. 318 turns in 11 miles then onto the Blue Ridge mountains. Rain in the forecast!

IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6293.jpeg

IMG_6295.jpeg

Resized_Resized_20230515_173334.jpeg

Damn that was a hard hit on the front rim, surprised he didn't go down. Be careful on the tail of the dragon, lots of bikes go down every year on that ride.

Damn that was a hard hit on the front rim, surprised he didn't go down. Be careful on the tail of the dragon, lots of bikes go down every year on that ride.
Agree 100%

We rode Tail of the Dragon 2 years ago. Appreciate the warning. The way this trip is going,,,,,

Blue Ridge Park Way I drove once and that was enough for me. 450 or so miles of twist and turns.
That’s the one! Looking forward to it!

Following you, Jerry and Seth on IG. Look forward to the daily updates. Such an epic trip with sh!ty hotels, flat tires, bent wheels, but on the bright side... a Waffle House at every exit. 

Following you, Jerry and Seth on IG. Look forward to the daily updates. Such an epic trip with sh!ty hotels, flat tires, bent wheels, but on the bright side... a Waffle House at every exit. 
You aint lying!!! They are everywhere!

‘Easy’ day today. 100+ miles to catch up woth Rogie in Tennessee. Got oil changed and headed out for lunch. Hung out at Smoky Mountain HD, good bbq place next door, The Shed. Bought some new rain gear!  
as we were leaving Jerry’s bike shook and he knew something wasnt right. Rode up next to him, yup rear tire was flat! 

Got out our tire repair kit and Lexin pump but couldnt find a leak. Pumped the tire up and used some water, still no leak. 

Back to dealer and on the rack. They couldnt find one either. Checked the wheel, fine. 

Jerry opted for a new tire. 

At least no one ended up on a flatbed today. 

Mickey Nielsen joined up with us today. He rode out in 2 1/2 days! Stud. 

Change of plans for tomorrow. Still riding Tail of the Dragon but not doing Blue Ridge hwy. need to make up some distance to get Seth to Lost Highway show, he’ll be on stage friday singing and slinging tattoos on saturday. 

Oh, and there are tornado warnings for parts of Kentucky and Virgina so theres that!

IMG_6306.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so stoked for you guys!

This is beyond awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

db   :dbart:

You aint lying!!! They are everywhere!
Waffle House is the only thing I miss about working on the Gulf Coast for 6 months a year in my late 20's. That weather can eat my d!ck. Actually had legit trench rot on my feet in Pascagoula Mississippi once. Not fun. 

Be safe brother. Great group of guys to ride with.

MMmm...Waffle House.

200.gif

Or a bald head. Haha 
Dressed like a pirate at least? :biggrin:

Waffle House is the only thing I miss about working on the Gulf Coast for 6 months a year in my late 20's. That weather can eat my d!ck. Actually had legit trench rot on my feet in Pascagoula Mississippi once. Not fun. 

Be safe brother. Great group of guys to ride with.
'Goula sucks all around.  Only sorta nice thing was we flew in/out of New Orleans and partied a bit.

510 more miles on the trip. Landed in Ft Royal, VA. 
rode Tail of the Dragon in both directions. Wet from the nights rain so sketchy in some parts.  Great time anyway. 

one little hickup when a key fob battery died but one in the group was prepared and had xtras. 

Tomorrow is a little over 300 miles to PA where will stay for 3 days. A welcome break. 

IMG_6317.jpeg

IMG_6314.jpeg

IMG_6312.jpeg

IMG_6322.jpeg

Do you know how to bypass the security if your fob dies or is lost, etc ?  Also is the shortened front fenders a So Cal style ?

I've never seen that before. Some day I hope to ride the Dragon. Thanks for the pics.

Do you know how to bypass the security if your fob dies or is lost, etc ?  
For what I understand there is a sequence with the left/right turn signals that only you know. You have to set it up manually and save it into the system. I need to do this myself. This is a great reminder. 

For what I understand there is a sequence with the left/right turn signals that only you know. You have to set it up manually and save it into the system. I need to do this myself. This is a great reminder. 
It's typically 12345 as a default from the dealer and then you can change it to your own if you want to. 

Back