How many Members actually still go to Glamis?

Originally joined the board in 02 and went full steam 2004-2011 on my quad. June 2011 I went down hard and broke a collar bone, couple ribs and my back. Took the year off then gave it a whirl again but it wasn't the same. The excitement wasn't there and it hurt to ride.  I held onto the bike until early 2014 then sold it. I've been out a couple times to hang out with peeps, last time was sept 2018 night ride. I still enjoy visiting the board and seeing screen names from years past. FB has made it easy to keep in contact as well. Maybe one day I'll get back out there, just with a cage around me!

Originally joined the board in 02 and went full steam 2004-2011 on my quad. June 2011 I went down hard and broke a collar bone, couple ribs and my back. Took the year off then gave it a whirl again but it wasn't the same. The excitement wasn't there and it hurt to ride.  I held onto the bike until early 2014 then sold it. I've been out a couple times to hang out with peeps, last time was sept 2018 night ride. I still enjoy visiting the board and seeing screen names from years past. FB has made it easy to keep in contact as well. Maybe one day I'll get back out there, just with a cage around me!
I think my crash before the golf tourney in 2011 kinda did me the same way... wrist, pinned and screwed back together and not a day goes by when I don't feel it. Love the group, but have lost the umph to get out and go ride.

I think my crash before the golf tourney in 2011 kinda did me the same way... wrist, pinned and screwed back together and not a day goes by when I don't feel it. Love the group, but have lost the umph to get out and go ride.
This was my whole point of the post, it is awesome that even though you aren't still getting out there, that you still come on these boards and contribute.  While I have only met a few of you in real life, I would have zero issues hanging with everyone in person.  This is what GD.com so great.

This was my whole point of the post, it is awesome that even though you aren't still getting out there, that you still come on these boards and contribute.  While I have only met a few of you in real life, I would have zero issues hanging with everyone in person.  This is what GD.com so great.
We feel the same way, have hosted many parties and get togethers or been out to dinners and outings. Have made lifelong friends and it's priceless to us. 

Yep, I've made many a life long friends that I can call 'family' from this place. Some are no longer with us and hit me the same as if they were actual blood family...

Thought about selling the car just because of the cubic dollars the sport can take.  But the wife actually talked me out of it and she doesn't really like to ride. 
Thank god we have good women in our lives, I had  the same thought and my wife flat out told me no on selling the car, she encouraged me to down size from a 4 seater to a 2 seater since I fly solo most of the time.

Still Going.  52 yo on a CRF450R.  Got a new nick name last year in the dunes, "Speed Bump".  Yep, I hit a small witches eye and went over my bars.  I was laying on my back and say my buddy, in the air in his X3 Max with 4 people in it.  Well I tried to roll but only made it to my face so I didn't have to see the hit.  He hit my lower back with both wheels, up and over my head.  Broke my Leatt neck brace.  Thank god it wasn't my neck.  Well ride safe everyone this season everyone.  
Wow! That’s amazing you are ok. Good reminder ... quads and bikes in the back. I’ve noticed the smoothest rides are buggies then sxs’s, then quads, then 2 wheels. If there’s starts to be gaps, good leads will slow once in awhile to tighten it up again. Stay strong and heal fast. 

Still going for vets tho?

I missed last year, but I'm in for this one.......... I think 

Still going for vets tho?

I missed last year, but I'm in for this one.......... I think 
He is going for Vet's he promised Brian he would put his lips on something and blow.  He does it so well it brings grown men to tears actually. 

Wow! That’s amazing you are ok. Good reminder ... quads and bikes in the back. I’ve noticed the smoothest rides are buggies then sxs’s, then quads, then 2 wheels. If there’s starts to be gaps, good leads will slow once in awhile to tighten it up again. Stay strong and heal fast. 
OMG you got lucky.. paralyzed or killed… this is why I don’t want my kids on quads. 

Too many drive n buy inexperienced SXS out there ..

Stay safe.

abc

It's totally growing on me.. I'm gonna just buy the lower door things so the color and graphics ... flow.. 

.... Saftey Orange..  :rofl:

We can only hope... my season starts in 10 days!!

abc

It's totally growing on me.. I'm gonna just buy the lower door things so the color and graphics ... flow.. 

.... Saftey Orange..  :rofl:

We can only hope... my season starts in 10 days!!

abc
i just put some black aluminum lower door inserts and they are just fine i think they were like $150 for 4 on ebay, i actually really like the stock graphics, so now im debating getting full doors. i would not mind getting the same graphics in just a different color. i have the blue and it looks nice i just would really like more of a teal color.  

Back