Helmets in buggies, new law??

Question nobody wants to hear !

Why wouldn't you wear a helmet in a sandcar ? 

Edited to add that I don't want them to tell me I have to wear one , I just  happen to think it's the smart choice. 
I do not have clearance in my rail to wear a helmet.  I prefer not to break my neck.

You’re quoting regulations from 2013. This is all new stuff. And as of 2035 wont  matter anyways because all off road vehicles must be 100% electric. No grandfathers, no variance for older off road vehicles. Its a done deal CARB kicked our azz

View attachment 67226
Did you read CORVAs response to the 2035 off-road proposal?  It had to do with heavy equipment vehicles not OHV.  

The amended to the existing helmet law has nothing to do with sandrails.      

I hate someone telling me what to do!

I also hate when I bang my head on things, which seems to happen more as I age, and that leads me to swearing ad being ugly.

I don't have much head room in my car and for this reason I wear a helmet. 

Did you read CORVAs response to the 2035 off-road proposal?  It had to do with heavy equipment vehicles not OHV.  

Its wishful thinking. And wrong. Its 100% states specifically “off road vehicles” the governors office even issued a statement affirming

Ok, Who's going to come up with the plug and play to make our existing OHV's 100% Zero Emission? That's what needs to happen.

Says nothing about being electric...just zero emission. Add on Catalytic Converter???

Maybe the new and improved Gadgetman Groove...??? 

:bag:

Last edited by a moderator:

Edited to add that I don't want them to tell me I have to wear one , I just  happen to think it's the smart choice. 
Great point, My wife suffered a TBI on an electric scooter 2 years ago (no hemet). It's been a journey and she will never fully recover though we are super thankful it did not end up worse. Im not a fan of any new regulations but choose wisely, life is fragile.  :cheers:

Its wishful thinking. And wrong. Its 100% states specifically “off road vehicles” the governors office even issued a statement affirming
I am pretty sure CORVA is on top of everything off-road and nothing in the executive order mentions OHRV (off-highway recreational vehicles).  

Agree.  Head moves a LOT in a wreck and buggies are made entirely of steel tubes, which I'm pretty sure wins any argument involving craniums.  A friend of mine spent 2 days in the ICU with brain swelling after getting rear ended in a minor fender-bender while test driving his racecar on the street.  

Should you have to?  Nope.  Should someone have to tell you?  Nope.

Me personally, I still have my 1980's LONG Hair (in my mind) like Axel Rose had back in 88........I love feeling that Glamis Air Flowing thru my Long Locs while riping the dunes!!!!

I look beautiful doing it too.....a helmet would really mess that up

Just Saying !

:poule:

F92413EE-A6FE-432E-89FA-D3C7E122395D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The reality here is our sport is and has been under attack for many years and unfortunately too many people vote DemocRat in California and as bad as it gets here, they will still vote DemocRat...sheep are sheep! 

The zero emissions plan by 2035 will include ANYTHING with a combustible engine.... if the law doesn't specifically point it out today it eventually will by 2035....I mean let's be serious here, does anyone really think the scum in Sacramento will give us a pass....HELL NO! 

Not trying to be doom and gloom but it is what it is! 

Correct.

The reality here is our sport is and has been under attack for many years and unfortunately too many people vote DemocRat in California and as bad as it gets here, they will still vote DemocRat...sheep are sheep! 

The zero emissions plan by 2035 will include ANYTHING with a combustible engine.... if the law doesn't specifically point it out today it eventually will by 2035....I mean let's be serious here, does anyone really think the scum in Sacramento will give us a pass....HELL NO! 

It is the direction everything will be headed towards - no arguments there.

As Good a time as always to support the Orgs, Groups and Clubs that fight for our access and rights. The war will never be over, we need to just keep winning the right battles is all we can do.

Glamis is Federal Land / looks like all registrations will be from out of state if CA wont issue registrations to gas powered vehiciles !!! JUST INSANE!!!

Eff this effing state and all off the effing Morons running...AKA RUINING it!

:thefinger:

#FGN GTFO!!!

Glamis is Federal Land / looks like all registrations will be from out of state if CA wont issue registrations to gas powered vehiciles !!! JUST INSANE!!!
The Feds own the land....not the air...I think this is how CA gets around it....a combustible engine is a "pollutant" and not allowed to operate within the state.....just thinking out loud here.

Sorry, getting off topic....so do we need a helmet while driving a rail next season or not??  :banghead:

I wonder if the MFG's will push back on the state regarding the zero emissions goal. I would think there is a ton of business for them throughout California and outlawing any and all combustion engines would put a serious dent in their sales.

If you refuse to wear a helmet while operating any kind of Sand Toy in Glamis... You are way too stubborn for your own good.

About 10 years ago, I was in that state of mind. Then, I started to wear a helmet in my XP (it took about 15 seconds to absorb the fact that I wore one in every other situation). Within the first 5 minutes of that initial ride, I realized that I would never drive it again, without a helmet. 

The, "Don't tell me what to do" line is pretty weak when your wife and kids are burying your dumb ass, because you HAD to look "cool" around your friends... that are likely wearing helmets...
You can make that arguement about anything. dangerous sports / guns....anything. Just like many states dont REQUIRE a helmet while operating a street bike, its a choice. We do not need more regulations. Plenty of places dont require helmets in SXS s.......many believe requiring DOT helmets contribute to MANY neck injuries. Leave it up to the individual to decide......IF or when we see the light like you did then soo be it.....That is for each individual to decide / NOT a government political hack

:poule:

Not a Tony Hawk fan (do to his personal decisions), but

He was caught holding his infant, with no helmet mind you, while riding his skateboard. A lot of people got on him for that and impressively he came back with "I can skate better than you can walk, why aren't you wearing a helmet???"

When I get on the Harley- no helmet

When I get on a crotch rocket- helmet every time

When I get on dirt bike- helmet every time

when I get in sandcar- no helmet

If I was able to drive my sandcar like it would never break then it would be- helmet every time

For me, it's a state of mind while operating such vehicles. 

Its all relative. 

my 2$

Not a Tony Hawk fan (do to his personal decisions), but

He was caught holding his infant, with no helmet mind you, while riding his skateboard. A lot of people got on him for that and impressively he came back with "I can skate better than you can walk, why aren't you wearing a helmet???"

When I get on the Harley- no helmet

When I get on a crotch rocket- helmet every time

When I get on dirt bike- helmet every time

when I get in sandcar- no helmet

If I was able to drive my sandcar like it would never break then it would be- helmet every time

For me, it's a state of mind while operating such vehicles. 

Its all relative. 

my 2$
WELL SAID !!!

I wonder if the MFG's will push back on the state regarding the zero emissions goal. I would think there is a ton of business for them throughout California and outlawing any and all combustion engines would put a serious dent in their sales.
Nope, because the gov subsidizes the electric cars. And the cars are more expensive. (More money for mfg’s) The car mfg’s don’t care they will just comply while we strip mine the world for lithium 🙄

let’s destroy the planet so we can save it! Some real genius’s we have running this chit show 😂 

Back