Dune Videos

good looking car, did you put a for sale ad yet? where's it located
It sold while we were down in glamis 2 weeks ago. It was listed in a few places, never got around to throwing it up on here though. 

My latest fling has been this Johnny speed and chrome. first video is duning at glamis, the 2nd one is out in dumont. Fun little car. The Wheelbase on these are only 105" and even though its a beam front, it handles like an A-arm Mazzone with the shorter wheelbase. Slides very nicely. Enjoy!

Heres a few new vids now that the season is over for most people and the day dreaming begins. All Different cars I got to experience;

This one was a fun day. Took a day trip to get some footage for Sand Tires Unlimited. Got to get a feel in a Colorado Sand Truck. This thing blew my mind. I expected way more body roll, slow through the tight turns, and lots of wheel spin with no movement being that it weighs over 4k lbs. This truck was all the opposite. Super short wheelbase and a spooled rear end was the magic ticket...

This is a great video, love the sandcar info at the beginning. Ive been working on putting together a Sandcar comparison video. the one thing I am not stoked on is how much editing its going to take to make it look good. 
Wish I had the knowledge and time to do videos.  We hired Dune Freq and he did a great job.  I don't think he does them anymore though.

Its time consuming, I barely have enough time to throw up some raw dune runs  and that requires little-to-no editing. just the uploading and trimming the beginning and end is a lot more then it sounds on top of a full schedule. 

This one was 45 minutes and Youtube wouldnt accept the full length, I had to break it up into 4 videos. Most wont watch the whole thing but once its up I can pull from it and make some shorter ones. 

Kind of a cool story to this car:

This was temporary car to get through a couple trips while Im still working on my new one. While we were out at UTV Invasion in Utah I got a text from someone interested in this sand car and asked if I could get back to them after our trip, so I did. When I called him he told me of how he was friends with the Original owner that built the car and was personal friends with Larry. He mentioned that not long ago he was talking with them and trying to figure out what happened to this car, which none of them knew its whereabouts. Then he saw my post. The guy came and picked it up a few days ago, beyond stoked to get a car back that he wished he could have bought from his friend. It was very cool chatting with him as I told him what I knew/learned about the car and his memory was refreshed and would add to the knowledge as we went though the car together. Its a cool/strange feeling when your telling stories about a car and its "unique characteristics" as they all have, only to be told the story of how those became a thing in the first place, lol. example; I told him of how I was kind of bummed when I went to pick up the car and the previous owner didnt mention how the rear wing was a little bent. "Oh, thats what happens when it flys off while driving!" Says the guy buying it from me, lol. Immediately I felt relieved but also intrigued that he knew more about the car then I did. "Yep, one of those things that got over looked when we were all so excited to test it. the car was still brand new and it flew off on the first trip. We straightened it up the best we could but, it is what it is, lol". 

Any ways, to cool not to share that it came just about full circle to its original group. And even so to a guy that really wants and loves this car. It has some cool history for him, and I am beyond stoked he gets to make more with it. 

Heres a POV run through Little Sahara with my girls. their 7 and 5 and cant get enough of the sand. with that being said, its not ripper of a run. 

Heres a Dune run in St. Anthony. This is Raw and goes from Idaho Dunes Rv campground to Choke Cherry and Devils Dune then back.

Back